"What exhaust should I get?" Threads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
"What exhaust should I get?" Threads

Before you create a new thread asking this question, please please PLEASE use the search function, because I guarantee you will find your answer. There are THOUSANDS of exhausts threads on these forums, from headers to axlebacks, catted to offroad. The one piece of advice I will give to those looking for exhaust setups is this: it's what you think sounds good. Don't ask us what we think is good. Go on youtube and listen to exhaust clips. Go to car meets and listen to their setups. Read the reviews that buyers write. Don't rely on us to choose your car's exhaust for you because chances are, you won't be happy with it, and the last thing any of us want to do is waste our money. Rant over. This message has been brought to by the letter M, for Mustang. Stay classy San Diego.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You realize this thread will die in a day or two and we will be back to square one? Lol

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
You realize this thread will die in a day or two and we will be back to square one? Lol
Make it a sticky. Problem solved.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Make it a sticky. Problem solved.

|| BlackOnBlack ||

You clearly have not been on the internet very long...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You clearly have not been on the internet very long...
And you my friend clearly don't know what I'm talking about..

6th sense is not that common (not directed at you scottydsntknow), and hence why you see hundreds of exhaust threads. Almost every section on this forum has a little sticky on top of corresponding threads. It is my suggestion to add the original post of THIS thread as a FYI so people who are not too fond of using the 'search' bar could actually learn how to use resources available on Mustang Evolution in an 'efficient' way.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 05-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
And you my friend clearly don't know what I'm talking about..

6th sense is not that common (not directed at you scottydsntknow), and hence why you see hundreds of exhaust threads. Almost every section on this forum has a little sticky on top of corresponding threads. It is my suggestion to add the original post of THIS thread as a FYI so people who are not too fond of using the 'search' bar could actually learn how to use resources available on Mustang Evolution in an 'efficient' way.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Sigh... one I was joking. Two, you really HAVEN'T been on enough boards for enough time to know that over half of these people posting these sorts of threads are not going to read a sticky even if they actually notice its there.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:00 AM   #7
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I understand that this thread probably won't last long, but even a handful of new ME members seeing it and using their resources to find their exhaust setup rather than flooding the forums with more threads asking the same questions will mean it wasn't in vain. I'd rather my one thread inform 10 people about the resources available than see 10 threads asking what exhaust is best. I love the amount of knowledge here on ME, but I feel it's being overshadowed by the exhaust, "first mod", best tuner, etc. threads that pop up daily.

Sent from the future.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I understand that this thread probably won't last long, but even a handful of new ME members seeing it and using their resources to find their exhaust setup rather than flooding the forums with more threads asking the same questions will mean it wasn't in vain. I'd rather my one thread inform 10 people about the resources available than see 10 threads asking what exhaust is best. I love the amount of knowledge here on ME, but I feel it's being overshadowed by the exhaust, "first mod", best tuner, etc. threads that pop up daily.

Sent from the future.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Sigh... one I was joking. Two, you really HAVEN'T been on enough boards for enough time to know that over half of these people posting these sorts of threads are not going to read a sticky even if they actually notice its there.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 05-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

All I'm saying is I've been on Mustang forums since Mustang forums really started in the late 90s. You can sticky something to death but there will still be threads on "what exhaust is best" or "what is my HP going to be" or "how can I beat a LS1 with my 2v?" or "what is the best combo for a 5.0" etc...

Hell there is a sticky on the 96-04 forum about all the 2V bolt ons and there are still a zillion threads like the ones I just mentioned in there just as an example here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust