Extended warranty worth it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: New York
Extended warranty worth it?

Is it worth it to spend the extra 1,000+? I'm thinking of trading it in maybe in 4 years (2013 prem v6 conv ) for a gt prem or f150 but my warranty just ended this week. I'm thinking of getting new shoes for her and just setting aside money incase of repairs etc. What would you guys do?

Pickeringeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Texas
I didn't purchase an extended warranty for mine.

Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
You should look into what the extended warranty covers, mods you want, is your car a daily driver, etc. I purchased the extended warranty and thought about dropping it until I gave it another thought. I daily drive my 2014 Mustang and my factory warranty will expire in 2 years due to the mileage. I also wanted the peace of mind since I don't plan on selling/trading. Setting aside cash for emergencies is a very good idea too though.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Florida
I was raised on steady doses of never ever paying for a warranty. Then of course I got married and bought a car with her. She insisted on the extended warranty ( could have been she knew a dodge is a pos.) and I was happy she made me get it. New gas tank, two full front suspension swaps, leaking sun roof, and several other items which I have forgotten about. It paid itself off after one issue.
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Yep, definitely worth it. I have a 2007 F150 and had to have the A/C recirc door replaced @ 70,000 miles. They had to pull out the whole dash and steering wheel just to replace the recirc door. That right there paid for the extended warranty that I had purchased when I bought the truck new.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion