Buyer Beware: Bangastang Scam - Ripoff - Complaint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Buyer Beware: Bangastang Scam - Ripoff - Complaint

I'm writing a general warning to anyone considering doing business with Bangastang, owned by Hendrix Nowells in San Diego, Ca.

This is the first time I've ever been literally scammed by a business.

Exacerbating the situation is they have completely ignored my very patient & respectful requests to be contacted. Throughout every interaction I was never rude, never raised my voice, called names or was confrontational. I don't want to write a novel so I'll give you the highlights.

August 2013 I ordered and paid roughly $600 in full for a carbon fiber roof cover. Hendrix told me that it would take approx. 8-12 weeks since it is a custom part that needs to be made and then shipped. No problem, I'll wait. (Since it is a 100% custom part it needed to be paid in full).

Around November 2013 I called to follow up and they said that they're supplier had been swamped because of SEMA. No problem, I'm a patient person... it's not a part for function so I'll wait.

February 11, 2014 I called + Emailed and requested a refund. The polite gentleman who answered the phone, (James), said that they will get the roof cover within 10 days and ship it to my house free of charge. Not happy, but okay I'll wait.

March 3, 2014 I called + Emailed to again request a refund because it was obvious that this order was not going to happen. No response.

April 1, 2014 I called and spoke with James again who was apologetic and said that he will request a refund check to be sent.

Mid April 2014 I called to follow up and again James said that he didn't know why the refund wasn't processed and he will request the refund to be sent again.

May 7, 2014 I called & Emailed to make a final request to just refund my money and part ways or I would be forced to file a small claims lawsuit. No response.

I'm hoping that either Hendrix or James will see this post, research my order #1376560771, and refund my money to avoid court. If you do a little Googling you'll see that I am not the only one who's had this issue with Bangastang.

Doug

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Judge Judy will get your money back for ya!!! Lol.

But seriously... that sucks. Hope u get it worked out!

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

This is why I'm reluctant to do business with online businesses that don't accept paypal. I've been scammed before too and thankfully my transaction was through paypal and I got my money back without having to drag it through small claims court. Good luck op.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0 View Post
I'm writing a general warning to anyone considering doing business with Bangastang, owned by Hendrix Nowells in San Diego, Ca.

This is the first time I've ever been literally scammed by a business.

Exacerbating the situation is they have completely ignored my very patient & respectful requests to be contacted. Throughout every interaction I was never rude, never raised my voice, called names or was confrontational. I don't want to write a novel so I'll give you the highlights.

August 2013 I ordered and paid roughly $600 in full for a carbon fiber roof cover. Hendrix told me that it would take approx. 8-12 weeks since it is a custom part that needs to be made and then shipped. No problem, I'll wait. (Since it is a 100% custom part it needed to be paid in full).

Around November 2013 I called to follow up and they said that they're supplier had been swamped because of SEMA. No problem, I'm a patient person... it's not a part for function so I'll wait.

February 11, 2014 I called + Emailed and requested a refund. The polite gentleman who answered the phone, (James), said that they will get the roof cover within 10 days and ship it to my house free of charge. Not happy, but okay I'll wait.

March 3, 2014 I called + Emailed to again request a refund because it was obvious that this order was not going to happen. No response.

April 1, 2014 I called and spoke with James again who was apologetic and said that he will request a refund check to be sent.

Mid April 2014 I called to follow up and again James said that he didn't know why the refund wasn't processed and he will request the refund to be sent again.

May 7, 2014 I called & Emailed to make a final request to just refund my money and part ways or I would be forced to file a small claims lawsuit. No response.

I'm hoping that either Hendrix or James will see this post, research my order #1376560771, and refund my money to avoid court. If you do a little Googling you'll see that I am not the only one who's had this issue with Bangastang.

Doug
If you paid by Credit Card, call issuing company of the credit card and file a complaint about the charge. They can get your money/there money back.

Never pay with a Check. Can't say what Pay Pal's policy is, I won't use Pay Pal.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you paid debit card/credit card you can file a dispute. If you win, you get your money back. PayPal is good because it has security just like eBay... They will repay you if you get scammed. Good luck in small claims

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Paypal sucks cock and their "buyer protection" is a joke. I only use them because you kind of have to right now and I ONLY use a CREDIT Card, not a Debit. You CAN get your money back with a Debit but its a lot more of a pain. And you should have paid with a Credit Card in any event.

Get ahold of your bank's fraud dept TOMORROW. That's the only way to deal with asshats like this. If you paid by Debit then that wasn't exactly smart but there should be a chargeback process. If you paid by Credit, initiate a fraud report and get them all the details they need. If you paid by check or money order... consider this a life lesson and keep harassing this company until you get your order or your money back although I would not hold out too much hope. All you can do in that case is call them twice a day till they make it right and in the meantime join every Mustang forum you can and let them know you are leaving negative feedback everywhere.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, good to know thanks for sharing
kdow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Paypal sucks cock and their "buyer protection" is a joke. I only use them because you kind of have to right now and I ONLY use a CREDIT Card, not a Debit. You CAN get your money back with a Debit but its a lot more of a pain. And you should have paid with a Credit Card in any event.

Get ahold of your bank's fraud dept TOMORROW. That's the only way to deal with asshats like this. If you paid by Debit then that wasn't exactly smart but there should be a chargeback process. If you paid by Credit, initiate a fraud report and get them all the details they need. If you paid by check or money order... consider this a life lesson and keep harassing this company until you get your order or your money back although I would not hold out too much hope. All you can do in that case is call them twice a day till they make it right and in the meantime join every Mustang forum you can and let them know you are leaving negative feedback everywhere.

Pay pals protection saved me a few years ago. Guy scammed me on some subs, so I put in a report on them through paypal. Returned my money within a few weeks. That site was soon revoked of their paypal services.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

PayPal has screwed me twice. If more places took Google wallet I'd never use PayPal.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I actually looked at buying things from these guys. they will get deleted from my favorites. hope everything works out for you.

more to come...
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Definitely try to go through your bank if that was your method of payment. Usually (and depending on your financial institution) they will credit your account within 10 business days if no resolution is found or if they can show that no merchandise was recieved. When I was a personal banker, we used to have people come in all the time for things lile this. Although the majority of claims were legitimate purchases, but the client didn't want to pay for it, or admit fault.....lol

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
Definitely try to go through your bank if that was your method of payment. Usually (and depending on your financial institution) they will credit your account within 10 business days if no resolution is found or if they can show that no merchandise was recieved. When I was a personal banker, we used to have people come in all the time for things lile this. Although the majority of claims were legitimate purchases, but the client didn't want to pay for it, or admit fault.....lol

Yeah, and filing a dispute is relatively easy. A lot less of a hassle then messing with this poor company.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I just wanted to let you guys know that I ended up reversing the charge with Visa. I thought I wouldn't be able to do this because it was so long ago + the CC # had changed, but Visa said they can do it and put the credit on the new card number.

I have yet to receive any call back from Bangastang acknowledging the credit or confirming that they would not dispute my refund request from Visa.

Also if anyone comes across this thread looking for their address you'll notice that there are about 5 different addresses online, none of which are accurate, and there is no physical address on their own website (as of this writing).

I had called them once and just asked for their address and he started to tell me, then stopped and asked why I was calling, when I said why I was calling he started to give me a different address, (knowing I was going to go visit them).

Here's where they SAY they are located:
7455 Raytheon St.
San Diego, Ca. 92336
However a quick Google street search reveals that it is a vacant store front. I called the neighboring car repair business and they said they have been gone for nearly a year and they get calls from customers trying to track them down ALL the time.

Here's where I believe they are POSSIBLY located (the address he retracted):
7539 Raytheon St.
San Diego, Ca. 92336
This is a warehouse, but it might be where they ship from, (when the actually fulfill orders).

Here is a link to their BBB rating (F) ...14 complaints citing "delivery issues": Bangastang Review - Auto Parts & Supplies - New in Chula Vista, CA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving San Diego, Orange and Imperial Counties

Similar complaint on AllFordMustangs: Warning !!! Bangastang warning!!!!! - Ford Mustang Forums

Similar complaint on MustangForums: BangaStang ? Anyone with issues? - MustangForums.com

Similar complaint on FordGT500: Bangastang problem? [Archive] - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

I am not posting these to try and ruin Bangastang, but merely to warn others that you may have an issue with your order... especially if it is a custom piece.

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Glad to hear Visa let you get your money back. Its sad but companies like that are what has turned me into a complete asshat when dealing with companies that even give me the slightest hint of something shady potentially going on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion