Plans got smashed. Need some advice/opinions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Plans got smashed. Need some advice/opinions

If any of y'all were in my last thread like a month a go maybe, idk but I was talking about buying a cobra this summer. I was going to sell my 1998 v6 but the clutch just went out in it and now I dumped $1000 in a clutch. I have paid about half of it but I still owe my parents $400 on it. I don't think I will be able to do that at all now.

Here is my options for the summer:

I can keep the v6 since it has that brand new clutch and do full bolt on with gears and tune.

I can buy a new edge Gt but i will be a about $1500-2000 short on my end and have to pay off my parents for awhile so I won't be able to mod it for a good bit.

What do y'all think I should do. I'm in a bind. I already have someone that offered me $3500 for my v6 but a good new edge is like $5000-$6000 where I live.
SkylerTallman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
should have sold your sixxer for 3500 when you got the offer lol
buy a new edge GT rather then building your 6 because in the end you will still want a GT or Cobra and even if you have sunk money into your sixxer, you wont get your money back
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
should have sold your sixxer for 3500 when you got the offer lol
buy a new edge GT rather then building your 6 because in the end you will still want a GT or Cobra and even if you have sunk money into your sixxer, you wont get your money back
+111 with the money u put into modding the 6 u can spend buying the gt. The gt will still be as fast as the 6 with all the mods so it works it's way out. Then when your debt free u can start modding the gt and be happier in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylerTallman_ View Post
If any of y'all were in my last thread like a month a go maybe, idk but I was talking about buying a cobra this summer. I was going to sell my 1998 v6 but the clutch just went out in it and now I dumped $1000 in a clutch. I have paid about half of it but I still owe my parents $400 on it. I don't think I will be able to do that at all now.

Here is my options for the summer:

I can keep the v6 since it has that brand new clutch and do full bolt on with gears and tune.

I can buy a new edge Gt but i will be a about $1500-2000 short on my end and have to pay off my parents for awhile so I won't be able to mod it for a good bit.

What do y'all think I should do. I'm in a bind. I already have someone that offered me $3500 for my v6 but a good new edge is like $5000-$6000 where I live.

With I being NPI, you'll have to drop pretty serious dough to be in competition with the new edge GT.. Even without it being modded. I mean a guy put a supercharger (might have been some other power adder) on his new edge v6 and it just put down enough power down to beat a new edge GT (stock).... He put over double the value of his car in a mod.. Lol. It cost him like 8k and he could got a GT for less than 8k.. Point is get a GT because even after that 8k he still will never have the GT soundtrack. That's the reason I got the 2v... Soundtrack. I was content with my new edge v6 but wanted that roarrr... Extra power was just a bonus

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
$1k for a clutch... wow... I hope they included an industrial sized tub of analease with that...

My advice, sell your V6 and get a nice cheap DD until you get a better paying job and then get what you really want. I've been car poor, its completely not worth it. If I had it to do all over again when I was 19 I would have bought the nice loaded 4 banger sedan my Parents offered to sell me for what they owed on it which was like $5k less than book value and saved up for a nice sports car in the meantime. Instead I drove a beat to **** fox around and my entire paycheck pretty much went into maintenance and mods. Reality check was when I didn't have the $$ to go out with a friend and his gf and her friend they wanted to set me up with. She was cute and she was a redhead and apparently she liked me. And I was broke as a joke... That was when I just dumped the fox and drove around in an early 90s Accord saving my $$$ and waiting for my promotion date when I could afford a nice Mustang comfortably.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
$1k for a clutch... wow... I hope they included an industrial sized tub of analease with that...

My advice, sell your V6 and get a nice cheap DD until you get a better paying job and then get what you really want. I've been car poor, its completely not worth it. If I had it to do all over again when I was 19 I would have bought the nice loaded 4 banger sedan my Parents offered to sell me for what they owed on it which was like $5k less than book value and saved up for a nice sports car in the meantime. Instead I drove a beat to **** fox around and my entire paycheck pretty much went into maintenance and mods. Reality check was when I didn't have the $$ to go out with a friend and his gf and her friend they wanted to set me up with. She was cute and she was a redhead and apparently she liked me. And I was broke as a joke... That was when I just dumped the fox and drove around in an early 90s Accord saving my $$$ and waiting for my promotion date when I could afford a nice Mustang comfortably.

I didn't do the install myself and labor around here is expensive. It was under 1k but close enough to say 1k
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylerTallman_ View Post
I didn't do the install myself and labor around here is expensive. It was under 1k but close enough to say 1k

You still got raped. My clutch was 400$ to get changed. Lol

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
You still got raped. My clutch was 400$ to get changed. Lol
Yeah I was going to say $400-$500 at most for a V6 clutch and change. $1k... I would have laughed in their faces and walked out and found somewhere else to do it.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I was going to say $400-$500 at most for a V6 clutch and change. $1k... I would have laughed in their faces and walked out and found somewhere else to do it.

We got quotes for $1200 and $900 but got it for $700
Old 05-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well that's a bit of a difference from $1k...

Old 05-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well that's a bit of a difference from $1k...

Close enough. Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion