A Few Quick Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:19 AM   #1

A Few Quick Questions

Hi everyone I'm new around here and am looking into getting a Mustang for my first car. I have gotten quotes from several companies in my area for insurance on a 2005 V6 Manual and a 2007 V6 Automatic that are in my price range. I was wanting to know which car I should go for the 07 my neighbor is willing to sell to me for 7.5k and the cheapest 05 manuals I'm finding in my area are 8k. I've read around a few places saying that Manuals are the only way to go for Mustangs but the higher cost insurance wise and upfront cost wise makes me wonder what I should do. Any advice you guys could give me would be great and any suggestions for some aftermarket upgrades that I could learn to install myself would be great!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Namestas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A Few Quick Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namestas15 View Post
Hi everyone I'm new around here and am looking into getting a Mustang for my first car. I have gotten quotes from several companies in my area for insurance on a 2005 V6 Manual and a 2007 V6 Automatic that are in my price range. I was wanting to know which car I should go for the 07 my neighbor is willing to sell to me for 7.5k and the cheapest 05 manuals I'm finding in my area are 8k. I've read around a few places saying that Manuals are the only way to go for Mustangs but the higher cost insurance wise and upfront cost wise makes me wonder what I should do. Any advice you guys could give me would be great and any suggestions for some aftermarket upgrades that I could learn to install myself would be great!

Manuals are more fun, period. This won't be a track car because it's a v6 so I wouldn't worry about the track (where auto is better than stick.)

07 is worth more, and technically auto's are too. 05 had problems that were worked out by 07. 7500 is a pretty good price for those cars... The 07 sounds like a much better pick, even if it is auto.

Also, I've never heard of insurance being higher with a stick rather than auto. It makes sense I guess, but I couldn't imagine it being a big difference. Insurance isn't bad on v6's.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #3

OK cool thanks for the reply. The insurance is only like 5 or 6 bucks more for the stick so it isn't that much of a problem and considering I'm getting a better deal on the insurance than some of my buddies getting SUV's I am extremely excited about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OK cool thanks for the reply. The insurance is only like 5 or 6 bucks more for the stick so it isn't that much of a problem and considering I'm getting a better deal on the insurance than some of my buddies getting SUV's I am extremely excited about it.

What car do you have now that you will compare it to? You'll probably be happy with auto or stick because of the fun factor.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 05-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Personally I'd go with a 99-04 V8 before I did any V6 prior to the 2011 model year. If not then perhaps look at a more functional vehicle that will be cheaper to insure and probably have the same power as a pre 2011 V6 Mustang. The Mustang is not exactly the friendliest car to DD but the V8 makes up for it in fun factor... which the V6 lacks. I know not what you want to hear but might be something to think about. Plenty of good looking 4 door cars that are cheaper, get better mileage and are in the same performance range as a 05-10 V6.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #6

I currently am driving an auto 2005 Explorer and every now and then my dad let's me take his 2014 Accord Sport out

Old 05-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #7

OK definitely something to keep in mind. Unfortunately V8's are out of the question right now because of parents (took a lot to convince them just for a v6) but there are some Celicas,RX-8's, and a few Eclipses around the price range I have.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Late model v-6 is no slouch.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OK definitely something to keep in mind. Unfortunately V8's are out of the question right now because of parents (took a lot to convince them just for a v6) but there are some Celicas,RX-8's, and a few Eclipses around the price range I have.

Well, a V6 stang can take down celica's and eclipses. I have a 99 and I smoked down several 00-04? eclipses... Especially if they have a 4 cyl.

I'll put this in perspective for a normal person like you seem to be.. This site is mainly mustang enthusiast. Enthusiast that are crazy about mustangs, and want the highest fun factor that the v6 doesn't deliver. A v6 mustang is hella fun to normal people... it doesn't satisfy mustang enthusiast though. I LOVED my 99 v6 @ 190 hp 225tq and it was SO MUCH FUN!

Now I have a GT. I became a enthusiast and the v6 didn't really satisfy my needs, so I upgraded. At the end of the day a v6 is plenty for normal people.. Just not enthusiast. Grab the 07 and have fun. It's a different experience than driving a 4 door. RWD and fun. Throw a tune on it, and it turns into a new car and is even more fun.

BUT! I can say that a 99-04 gt will smoke your ***. I was in your position at 17, my parents wouldn't even let me get a sport car at first. It tooks lots of months to talk them into a v6 mustang. Grab it and have fun, just like I did. It'll be a lot more fun than your explorer, and your dads accord sport, lol.

I mean, if v6's weren't fun and different... They wouldn't sell.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 05-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Well, a V6 stang can take down celica's and eclipses. I have a 99 and I smoked down several 00-04? eclipses... Especially if they have a 4 cyl.

I'll put this in perspective for a normal person like you seem to be.. This site is mainly mustang enthusiast. Enthusiast that are crazy about mustangs, and want the highest fun factor that the v6 doesn't deliver. A v6 mustang is hella fun to normal people... it doesn't satisfy mustang enthusiast though. I LOVED my 99 v6 @ 190 hp 225tq and it was SO MUCH FUN!

Now I have a GT. I became a enthusiast and the v6 didn't really satisfy my needs, so I upgraded. At the end of the day a v6 is plenty for normal people.. Just not enthusiast. Grab the 07 and have fun. It's a different experience than driving a 4 door. RWD and fun. Throw a tune on it, and it turns into a new car and is even more fun.

BUT! I can say that a 99-04 gt will smoke your ***. I was in your position at 17, my parents wouldn't even let me get a sport car at first. It tooks lots of months to talk them into a v6 mustang. Grab it and have fun, just like I did. It'll be a lot more fun than your explorer, and your dads accord sport, lol.

I mean, if v6's weren't fun and different... They wouldn't sell.
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll definitely go and pick it up soon and I'll be sure to post a few pictures of it aswell. You've been extremely helpful thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion