Too many stangs =| - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Too many stangs =|

This is bothering me again because the weather is getting even warmer and compared to back when I made a similar thread like this. I'm seeing like 3 times the amount of mustangs!

The problem is that the stang has been around for so long and so many have been made each year that anyone can snag a used one cheap and in the end we all suffer for it.

I don't see NEARLY as many Camaros or challengers on the road and believe me I am always looking at other cars (not just mustangs) we are FLOODED with mustangs.

Do you think GM stopped making the Camaros from 03-09 to create more of a gap? Do you think it would be better for Ford to stop making mustangs for a few years? too many people are just snagging used v6 base and driving around like they are the best people on the planet.
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Total opposite here in milwaukee. Nothing but Camaro and challengers. I mean there are mustangs around but not a whole lot. I like it that way makes me like my car more. And I get alot thumbs up from the chevy guys.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Here in chicago we have a really big Mustang community. However, Foxes, Sn95's and New edge mustangs are not super common. Most new edges are beat up sixxers. Nice, Clean, modded New edges are a rarity. Good luck finding a clean sn95 around here too. I only know of one in my city of 26,000.

There are literally dozens of 05-09's i see on a daily basis. And that's just on a quick 15 minute drive. And then there are the 11-14's. Oh my god, so many plain jane mustangs of that Generation.

I think it would be a mistake for Ford to take a break with the mustang. With so many of them out there, It gives you motivation to design your own car. One that only you have. One that will have somebody on the street remember that badass mustang they saw a few weeks back.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wow I don't see nothing out here in Northern CA maybe cause of gas approaching 5 dollars but even if I do see a mustang it's all beat up an not taken care of so I definitely don't get sick of seeing mustangs because they're nothing compared to mine which makes me a target for the police another reason why it's not a daily anymore
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
Total opposite here in milwaukee. Nothing but Camaro and challengers. I mean there are mustangs around but not a whole lot. I like it that way makes me like my car more. And I get alot thumbs up from the chevy guys.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Here in chicago we have a really big Mustang community. However, Foxes, Sn95's and New edge mustangs are not super common. Most new edges are beat up sixxers. Nice, Clean, modded New edges are a rarity. Good luck finding a clean sn95 around here too. I only know of one in my city of 26,000.

There are literally dozens of 05-09's i see on a daily basis. And that's just on a quick 15 minute drive. And then there are the 11-14's. Oh my god, so many plain jane mustangs of that Generation.

I think it would be a mistake for Ford to take a break with the mustang. With so many of them out there, It gives you motivation to design your own car. One that only you have. One that will have somebody on the street remember that badass mustang they saw a few weeks back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Wow I don't see nothing out here in Northern CA maybe cause of gas approaching 5 dollars but even if I do see a mustang it's all beat up an not taken care of so I definitely don't get sick of seeing mustangs because they're nothing compared to mine which makes me a target for the police another reason why it's not a daily anymore

Agreed! thanks for the post guys, one thing I do notice is that most of the cars here are sn95s which have been beat to death, flaking paint - etc.

And I guess the reality of the situation is that you can always tell a plane jane mustang from one whose owner takes care of it.

I may have over reacted in my OP, sorry about that but I'm trynna calm down. It's gonna be okay, we all got good rides here and don't need to worry what the people on the street say/do.
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post
Agreed! thanks for the post guys, one thing I do notice is that most of the cars here are sn95s which have been beat to death, flaking paint - etc.

And I guess the reality of the situation is that you can always tell a plane jane mustang from one whose owner takes care of it.

I may have over reacted in my OP, sorry about that but I'm trynna calm down. It's gonna be okay, we all got good rides here and don't need to worry what the people on the street say/do.

You sound like you're having a panic attack about it, lol.

Make yours unique, and turn heads. Normal stangs don't turn heads.. Clean & taken cared of ones do.

Of course there are more mustangs.. They were still around all the times chargers, challengers, and camaros weren't.

I like to think the terminator ended the camaro's production but I read somewhere that it was the new edge body style outselling them, coupled with new safety regulations they couldn't meet. Who knows if that's actually accurate though.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

I don't know why you're getting worked up over so many stangs. I only worry about MY stang not what everyone else has. 95% of the cars I see ona daily are beaters
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
I don't know why you're getting worked up over so many stangs. I only worry about MY stang not what everyone else has. 95% of the cars I see ona daily are beaters

+1 I only worry about my stang, if I worried about other stangs I'd be stressed out lol, but I love seeing other stangs and camaros, except for the dbags.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I see mostly sn95 and older s197 6 cylinders in south Texas. There are lots more of those than any year GTs. Even the newer s197s are mostly 6 cylinders. only occasionally I see GTs on the road. The few Shelby and Saleen stangs I see are in dealer showrooms.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I see mostly v6 mustangs in my area. A few older GTs, and a whole lot of new edges that are beat to hell. But just go start making your mustang YOURS and you won't have to worry about the overabundance of our cars!
iMpact32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I agree with only worry about your car. That's why its nice doing a couple of exterior mods to set your car apart.

And the reason why GM stopped making Camaros and Trans Am's in 2002 is mainly due to poor sales. Despite the LS1 being light years ahead of the Mustang GT's and even cobras of the same year Mustangs had better sales.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I see more Camaros and Challengers then Mustangs where I live.
XSlashDashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
There are quite a few mustangs where I live, but very very few that make me do a double take and appreciate it..most are crap

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You say that there are too many Mustangs but you contributed to the number when you bought yours. We don't "suffer" from others driving Mustangs. If that where the case this forum would be way more hostile. Lol If you were looking to buy a unique car that no one else had then you bought the wrong car. The Mustang is immensely popular and things aren't going to change.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Its not nearly as bad as it was in the early-mid 2000s when every other car on the road was a v6 SN95/Edge with a few GTs and even fewer Cobras sprinkled in.

It all depends where you live honestly. I see more Camaros on the road than 2011-2014 Mustangs here in NJ. And if you have a Mustang and think there are too many of them so what? Just make yours cleaner and nicer than the rest of them. My 98 gets looks all the time because it is really effing rare to see a nice 94-98 V8 these days, much less one that is nicely modded. At least around here.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I see a mix of muscle cars. I've seen a lot of S197 mustangs here, some Shelby's too, and an orange Boss 302, 5th Gen camaro's, as well as a few older mustangs and camaro's, and the occasional challenger, I just saw an SRT8 Challenger a few days ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
There are surprisingly a lot of Challengers and Chargers around here. Which is good because most of them are pigs and lose to a bolt on 2V with gears lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Though I agree the Mustang is a common car, I don't think its a negative. Think of the WONDERFUL aftermarket this car enjoys. Think of all the stuff you can add to your mustang to make it standout.

I recently sold my Scion FR-S, which I had purchased new last year. For a time, I was one of the few people in my area to have the car and was always getting compliments, looks, etc. But it took a long time for there to be a decent aftermarket...so the exclusivity was nice, especially for a sub $30k car, but it had its negatives in the form of no parts, etc.

Now there are FR-S's everywhere and I don't feel that bad selling it. Its awesome to be able to find numerous Mustang only performance parts vendors all competing for my business via special offers and good pricing. Sure, my 400+hp car isn't unique. But I still have a 400+ hp car, and the vast quantities that exist allowed me to actually afford the car in the first place. If this was some super exclusive exotic, I wouldn't be able to touch one on my public servant salary.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion