Adjustable Suspension Components? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Adjustable Suspension Components?

I have a 2014 V6 Premium and I've been slowly modding it. Now I am looking at suspension components and I am trying to figure out which one I should get.

An Adjustable Panhard Bar, Lower Control Arms, and Upper Control Arm or should I get the Non- Adjustable ones.

I plan on keeping the ride height stock so no modifications to the springs or struts.
(Until I really want to but IMO the wheel gap looks good enough for me).

I will however be upgrading to a One Piece Driveshaft soon and have read that it is best to have an adjustable UCA to set the Pinion angle. So which of which should I get Non-Adjustable or Adjustable?

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Bump.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If you plan on keeping stock ride height then you don't need adjustable control arms. The one piece drive shaft should be fine if you remain at factory ride height, but I would double check with the manufacturer. However with adjustable lower control arms you can accurately align the rear axle, which due to manufacturing tolerances can sometimes be off. That is of course if you want to get an alignment done.

I've found that the adjustable pieces are not all that much more expensive then the standard ones, and it doesn't hurt to have the flexibility. My plan for my car was to get adjustable lower control arms and leave the stock upper control arm alone (I hear its a ***** to change).
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
An adjustable UCA is good to set your pinion angle..if ur gonna change to a 1 piece DS I would get it just to be safe!
Adj panhar bar is to align your rear end that can be slightly off even from the factory.
Adj LCA are not needed & if not set properly they can cause major damage go with NON adj LCA!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion