MRT Louver Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
MRT Louver Install

My friend and I last week did the MRT Louver install. Took about 3 hours including the pizza. Mostly measuring, measuring , measuring, then gluing on. Rinse and repeat. I let them sit for 36 hours in the garage before starting the car. I did not put on the prop rods yet as I think they will rattle. So far about 10 days of use everything is tight and stay that way. The key was the 3M adhesion promoter. Liquid sticky

Comments from the last week car meet is a lady said now my side 1/4 windows louvers need to be the semi-matte black, your thoughts on that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7444-px.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	158222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7447-px.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	158223  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7463-px.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	158224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7464-px.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	158225  

ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I disagree with that lady's comment. With the graphics and the black rear window louvers, I'd think black quarter louvers would be overkill. But if you did it I don't think it would look bad...just not as good as it looks now. IMO though, I could see how it might go either way.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCon View Post
I disagree with that lady's comment. With the graphics and the black rear window louvers, I'd think black quarter louvers would be overkill. But if you did it I don't think it would look bad...just not as good as it looks now. IMO though, I could see how it might go either way.
Thanks, that is what my feeling was as well, but looking to others opinions, thanks for providing yours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Wow that is really sweet, I have a '14 GB and had never considered rear louvers before. I really like the way the car looks as is and would love to see a couple of side shots.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Wow that is really sweet, I have a '14 GB and had never considered rear louvers before. I really like the way the car looks as is and would love to see a couple of side shots.
I'll edit this post with a couple side shots in the morning. Raining today I want to get a few shots of what it looks like out the back window as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion