2013 v6 premium pp vs 2011 5.0 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
2013 v6 premium pp vs 2011 5.0 gt

Hi everyone im in a bit of a pickle.

I have a black on black 2013 pony package premium trim mustang with all the bells and whistles. I was recently approached by a friend who was interested in buying my car which would free up funds and I could get a 2011 gt. Would it be worth it?

Pro's con's, and personal preference are welcome, just want to see what all you guys found a turning point in your own decisions, and what you would pick?
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
It's hard to go wrong with a 5.0 Coyote, but your 2013 v6 may be worth keeping depending on what kind of driving you do with it. I'm under the impression it's your daily driver, but how far do you drive a week? Will you be okay with spending more on gas as well as larger possible car loan payments?

On the fun factor side- I'd definitely go with the 2011 GT. Those cars are animals, especially with a few bolt-ons. It doesn't take much at all to have an 11 second daily driver!

There's always two factors to buying a car, but the wisest choice is to figure out if you can afford the gas mileage and payments. If you can, I say go for it!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It really depends on what you want. I recently bought a Base and was considering trying to upgrade to a GT as fords starting to offer good incentives on the 14s but took my first road trip and got 38.5 miles per gallon going between 65-70 (that was manually calculated 100% highway) As I drive close to 4-500 miles a week for work and rarely have time to drag race anymore it's making me fall in love with the base and not really even want a GT anymore as 300 hp is more then enough to mess around with on the street. And honestly if your not breaking any laws the V6 is probable more fun to drive on public roads as you can actually floor it and play through the gears a little more. Although if your looking just for fast there's no comparison to the GT.

Plus for me 90% of my driving is highway and once the car gets up to 65-70 and I put the cruise control on, at that point there's no difference between a base and GT.

I've also been there done that with the whole racing making my car as fast as possible with my old trans am. And while it's fun at the track running 12s at some point the car will actually become too fast to enjoy on the street and will be less fun to drive everyday (assuming it's a DD) I may be showing my age but I remember when 13s were consider quick and 12s were fast and rare for a street car. And I think people don't realize just how much 420 HP actually is bc it comes stock on some cars now a days and they don't have to go through a build process to obtain it anymore.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I own a V6 perf pack and have driven a friends Brembo GT a couple times (real good drives too) and I enjoyed the V8 more...the torque is amazing the sound is nice. That being said even though I could afford the V8 I love the bargin price of the V6. It's all about the $, if gas is a worry figure out how many miles you drive per year and do math with EPA figures...the differance is not that much in mpg and unless you drive 20,000+ per year the $ cost ain't much. I suggest talking to your insurance agent younger drivers tend to get penalized heavyily for the extra two cylinders. I will say the extra torque is amazing...I kept thinking I was in 3rd but the v8 will accelerate like the v6 in 5th.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Good advice here, came in expecting to see a bunch of "5.0 no contest lol"
posts but nope. It really does all depend on what you are going to use it for. The 13 V6 premium will have all the bells/whistles and is nothing to sneeze at anymore. If you are commuting in it every day and on a budget there is no way in hell I'd sell it and get the 2011 unless your payments would be about the same and can spare the extra $$$ for fuel.

Now... if you are planning on modding the 13 and want to ever go to the 1/4 or any sort of thing like that and can live with a reduction in creature comforts, get the 2011 5.0 and don't look back. Also factor in if you have a warranty and the fact that I'm assuming you bought this 13 new and there is something to be said about not having to worry about any potential shenanigans from a previous owner.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
forgot to mention but my opinion is I would prefer a base V8 with paint that had brake fluid poured on it and dog vomit in the interior over a V6 with glass roof/premium/and a supermodel in the passenger seat.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
forgot to mention but my opinion is I would prefer a base V8 with paint that had brake fluid poured on it and dog vomit in the interior over a V6 with glass roof/premium/and a supermodel in the passenger seat.
Well is the supermodel just a decoration or does she think I am the greatest thing to ever happen to her? That makes a difference.

Seriously though the great thing about the 2011 is that its not a running joke anymore to have a V6, it really isn't.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Haha great answers so far, just I've always loved mustangs and I'd probably get a stick this time too. My biggest worry is winter driving, not as a daily but weekends
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Actually with the 2011-up I'd rather have an auto personally. Still 6 speeds, shifts quick, holds big power etc...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion