Rear end completely shifted to the right! Help?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
You really need to see the records. Not all CarFax entries are bad. Some are just for owner changes and such.
I know, our vibe has 2, both owner changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Yeah i had the carfax somewhere. It literally shows it moving between states.

Im in springfield Illinois, I moved back to the US 3 years ago after being overseas for 13 years. Im new to alot of things here, so any suggestions etc would be helpful. Wish I could drag one of you guys to the dealer with me

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Yeah i had the carfax somewhere. It literally shows it moving between states.

Im in springfield Illinois, I moved back to the US 3 years ago after being overseas for 13 years. Im new to alot of things here, so any suggestions etc would be helpful. Wish I could drag one of you guys to the dealer with me
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I can't see the history either but it's long. Take this car back to the dealer that sold it to you and tell them that you want the car fixed immediately! Don't take any of their bull*****. This wasn't caused by any "curb hop" and isn't your fault.
I wouldn't start modding ANYTHING on this car until the warranty has completely expired.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Sadly the car dealer is 3.5 hours away and its a busy time for me. They were jerks when I bought it too, made everything a pain in the a**
Old 06-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
Sadly the car dealer is 3.5 hours away and its a busy time for me. They were jerks when I bought it too, made everything a pain in the a**

Ford warranty work can be performed at any Ford dealer. Go to the dealer in your town. Who cares where you bought it. Your warranty is not with the dealer.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

+1 on that
Redonblackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

At the ford dealer now, they forgot my appointment and said it may be 2-3 hours...

I'll update when they finally see it
Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #43
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
At the ford dealer now, they forgot my appointment and said it may be 2-3 hours...
I would be raising Hell if they did that to me.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

They firstly didnt notice it, tried to tell me my car is fine.

Then I pointed out the rear to someone and they had a mechanic come out. He tells me the bar is bent, and they tell me warranty doesn't cover it. I tell them the car was like this when I bought it but they say it isn't their problem. Help?
Old 06-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Report them to Ford. This should be covered

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If the car was purchased used. And you DIDN'T pay a mechanic (independent) to fully inspect it... They you bought it AS IS. Welcome to used car buying. A bent panhard bar wouldn't be covered by any dealership since it clearly was a curb/ditch caused event. If you drive into a wall, they won't cover it either.

Just buy an adjustable PHB, because you and I know eventually you'll lower it and it will be helpful at that time ( almost mandatory depending on the drop ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Also... You did say you curbed the car if I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

This car had NO owners, so how is that used?

Also I said I hit a curb leaving a bank, which was the equivilent of scraping when trying to parallel park. Not enough force to bend a solid piece of metal. I was leaving the atm and turned too sharp, so no dice.

The dealer probably wont replace it you are right, but the fact is this is how it has been since I bought it, but didnt know it was a problem till I posted here.

This car has had several issues and seems to not be getting better. Im going to call ford and see if maybe while the car was at a dealer, it was damaged by an employee and never reported.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #49
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
This car had NO owners, so how is that used?

Also I said I hit a curb leaving a bank, which was the equivilent of scraping when trying to parallel park. Not enough force to bend a solid piece of metal. I was leaving the atm and turned too sharp, so no dice.

The dealer probably wont replace it you are right, but the fact is this is how it has been since I bought it, but didnt know it was a problem till I posted here.

This car has had several issues and seems to not be getting better. Im going to call ford and see if maybe while the car was at a dealer, it was damaged by an employee and never reported.
If all else fails.... BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It may have been

A Loaner car If it had 1,700 miles on it when you bought it I would say it was probably a car the dealer loaned out to people that were getting their cars repaired. Any way you look at it the dealer you bought it from should cover the damage under the warranty.
As far as the rusty axle, It seems that is the way of life for most American cars made today. My friends Camaro is rustier underneath then my Mustang. It is just surface rust and won't get any worse. Kind of like the old black frying pans my mom always liked.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

This is why I recommend going to the dealer that you bought the car from. Under normal circumstances, any dealer would be fine, but this isn't "normal circumstances".
You're going to have to get tough with them if they aren't going to be cooperative. I'm talking about throwing around phrases like "lemon law", "small claims court", etc. And it may help to actually file a small claims lawsuit against the dealership. That can be a good motivator...
Don't let them get away with this Pony...
Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
This is why I recommend going to the dealer that you bought the car from. Under normal circumstances, any dealer would be fine, but this isn't "normal circumstances".

You're going to have to get tough with them if they aren't going to be cooperative. I'm talking about throwing around phrases like "lemon law", "small claims court", etc. And it may help to actually file a small claims lawsuit against the dealership. That can be a good motivator...

Don't let them get away with this Pony...

Only thing is, he bought it 3 1/2 hours away. He really shouldn't have to keep making that drive, any Ford dealer should be able to handle it. Maybe he needs to contact that Ford rep that hangs out on one of the other forums. Her name escapes me at the moment.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only thing is, he bought it 3 1/2 hours away. He really shouldn't have to keep making that drive, any Ford dealer should be able to handle it. Maybe he needs to contact that Ford rep that hangs out on one of the other forums. Her name escapes me at the moment.
Deysha, I think, on TMS.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Deysha, I think, on TMS.

Yup. That's it. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup. That's it. Thank you!
Welcome.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Who is that? And what good would that do? They are sending me in for a diagnostic Thursday at a Lincoln dealer
Old 06-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who is that? And what good would that do? They are sending me in for a diagnostic Thursday at a Lincoln dealer

She is an actual Ford rep who frequents some of the forums and helps people out with Ford related customer service issues.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
She is an actual Ford rep who frequents some of the forums and helps people out with Ford related customer service issues.

Try calling 1-800-392-FORD. That is the number she has in her signature on another forum. I called the number and it is for Ford Customer Relations. You might be able to ask for her, or get someone else to help. It's worth a shot. Everyone seems to rave about her.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Oh trust me I called that number, they setup the diagnostic.

Sighs this is really wearing me down on this car. I love it, but I swear im about to just waste money and get a replacement part.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh trust me I called that number, they setup the diagnostic.

Sighs this is really wearing me down on this car. I love it, but I swear im about to just waste money and get a replacement part.

Well, maybe you'll get somewhere tomorrow now that you called the Customer Relations hotline. Your car is so new, was it Ford Certified? 7/100 powertrain 4/48 bumper to bumper instead of the normal new car warranty? If it was, they certainly should have noticed when they inspected it for certification. Hopefully that don't try and say it was damaged somehow after you bought it.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Does your car have the original wheels on it Pony?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, original wheels.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

That's a good thing!
Hopefully they'll be able to see that there is no damage from hitting anything.
It is a mystery how that Panhard got bent like that, though...
Now that you've spoken to a factory rep, this may motivate the dealership to be more helpful.
Good luck!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Not likely this will be covered under warranty. The car has 21k miles and you admitting to hitting something. You say it was minor, but still...you hit something. If you sue them and take them to court that's all they will be saying.

I seriously doubt that Panhard bar was bent from early on. The rear-end would have shifted thousands of miles ago with damage like that to the Panhard bar. The only thing that tells me it might have been developing for awhile is the rust and wear patterns on some of the parts, including that right rear shock. But the warranty will cover faulty parts...and the Panhard bar won't magically bend on its own, but requires a substantial outside force. That is all a Ford dealer is going to be saying and thinking if you try to press them for a warranty repair.

But I digress. Save yourself the time and hassle and just spend $150 and buy an adjustable Panhard Bar. If you wait too long more serious mechanical issues could result from the axle being shifted. I'm not sure if you are still driving the car or not...I hope not.

The factory Panhard bar is trash anyways....as you've just learned.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
ok good and no there was no collision. I was on a 30 mile per hour s curve and hit a bump and my rear end just gave out this time and swung.

Ive been over it several times so I dont know.

Also seem to hear a slight whining noise while i drive from the right rear tire.

Its a 2013 with 21k miles on it, so should be ok. I baby this thing so much, it gets waxed two to three times a week

I go to shows with my grandpa in his lightening alot so Im not so much a speeder but a cruiser
Doesn't sound like you baby it too much. I also have a 2013 with less than 5,000 miles.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I do baby this thing trust me, and you guys misunderstand.

Have you pulled out of an atm and just turn and your tire bumps the curb? That was the extent of that.

And my backend swung out on the S curve but hit nothing. Just slid me into the empty opposite lane

So no I hit nothing with my car, and have no recollection of any event that could have caused this.

Only after this happened did I notice the rear was wierd when my girlfriend commented on it seeming to be shifted to the right. The panhard looked like that when I bought it, and I wasn't the wiser to it. So no the warranty may not cover it, but im guessing the reason this car was sent to so many dealers without a buyer is because they noticed the problem and passed it along to the next "sucker" untill someone that wouldnt notice it would buy it.

This car is my daily driver and I drive it like I want to keep it.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Went in for diagnostic, they said the se thing, probably won't be covered. Will hear from ford soon supposedly
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #68
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hitting that curb is what probably did it.

When you slid that rear wheel into the curb was probably the very start of your problem. I don't think Ford is going to cover it so you need to just get it fixed and pay up.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt slide into a curb. You guys are connecting two events that didnt occur together.

1. I was leaving an atm and i turned sharp and it caught the back left wheel and that was about it.

2. I hit a bump on an S curve and the back end spun around, but I hit nothing.

So as i said, neither of these two events were the cause. Also I found pictures from when I got it that shows the bar in the same shape.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Took about 2 hours due to bad axle stands and several issues with stuck and bent parts.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402770108.188016.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	835.3 KB
ID:	159239Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402770130.494452.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	821.2 KB
ID:	159241Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402770141.548595.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	744.7 KB
ID:	159242Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402770173.599085.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	605.6 KB
ID:	159244

Look how bad that was, and the ford mechanics never noticed! Ugh... Well I'm glad to have the new one in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402770160.313810.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	795.4 KB
ID:	159243

Here is my new Native American rain stick, though a mustang panhard bar may be a bad object to call rain with. Didnt realize it had powder or whatever in it before...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion