Rear end completely shifted to the right! Help?? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Also if like to thank everyone for their help and input, good vibes and karma coming your way!
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #72
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
Also if like to thank everyone for their help and input, good vibes and karma coming your way!

Damn how the hell does it get bent like that??????

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
IMO you should be able to clip a curb and not have your rear end shift to that right. That's just ignorant that they won't cover that and makes me think poorly about ford on that design. Luckily it's only 150$ but still... I know it's business but seems like Poor customer service to me.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #74
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It all depend

I guess it all depends on just how hard he slid into that curb.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Didnt slide into curb.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #76
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Seems like an adjustable Panhard bar is in order.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #77
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ponyboarder say's"
Quote:
Worst thing that ever happened was a curb shot leaving a bank.
Just get a new bar and fix your car. They sure ain't gonna cover it under warranty.
Your car had 1,700 miles on it when you bought it and you may not have done the damage but somebody did it and the dealer or Ford ain't gonna cover it so just get it repaired and enjoy your Mustang.

If you want a stock one, Maybe someone on the forum replaced theirs with a better one and can give you a deal.
Ronnie
Old 06-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

I meant that a curbshot is when you take a low speed (like 5-10mph) turn and accidentally hop the curb. That is not the same as sliding into a curb, and certainly not enough to bend metal in such a way.

Either way it is already replaced, as ive stated a few times now. Got a panhard from a GT owner. Thing is it still makes noise there, like a hinge on a door that needs oiled. And still the light whirring noise. Probably the only reason I notice it now is that I started putting my back seats down for more space.

Anywho, it just is unfortunate that I ended up with the problem from another person. Car is in top shape now, just unhappy about the attitude of dealers on this.

Firstly they never noticed the problem until I pointed it out, and secondly they just wouldn't communicate with me about it. They never told me the extent of what was wrong or how to fix it. Regardless of whether they would fix it or not, they should have informed me of what was wrong.

I mean, if you are gonna do a job do it right. Don't do things half way. Support the customer, and make them feel like they bought a product they can trust. Customer service has one of the largest impacts on products and whether they succeed or die.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #79

Region: Georgia
That bent bar probably added stress on the bushings of the rest of the rear suspension. It's likely they are the cause of the additional noise.
smittybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Well the new straight bar is in and now its making the noise. Maybe it was making it before and I didnt notice, no idea.

Any idea what it could be, and what I should do?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Possibly the bushings, maybe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Lol
I believe you PB... You got screwed.

It's probably that shock absorber on the passenger side. If not, start spraying white lithium grease on the bushings that you most suspect, one at a time, until you find the squeak.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

How the hell did the panhard bar bend that way, you would think it would bend the other way lol
Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #84
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Something just don't add up

OP bought the car with 17,000 miles on it.
Now has 21,000 miles on it.
Apparently there was no problem until he slammed into or over that curb.
After the curb incident there was a problem with a bent part under his Mustang. Maybe even more damage.

It really don't take an Einstein to know that:
CURB INCIDENT === Damage.

He does have it repaired and I'm happy for him. But he needs to have it looked at on a lift to see if any other damage occured. There may be more parts that need replacing. I hope not but it is better to be safe then sorry.
Ronnie
Old 06-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

ronnie you need to read everything and understand it.

1. i bought it with 1700 miles.

2. I didnt HIT a curb. My car slid after a bump on an S turn near my house and the tail spun around, nothing was hit. Only after did I notice anything was wrong.

3. If you would read earlier, and for the second time of me saying this, the only thing close to my car being in an incident is when my back tire hopped a curb gently when leaving the outside ATM at a bank. If you cannot picture how infinitely small this is and think this should cause that sort of damage, then the mustang is one hell of a death trap. The only thing that happened then was my tire had a scrape that came out when i washed it.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I think in the interest of healthy sanity for all involved, this thread is probably nearing the end of its useful life. It seems to be a merry-go-round that just doesn't stop merry-go-round that just doesn't stop merry-go-round that just doesn't stop. I'm almost getting dizzy myself dizzy getting almost getting dizzy myself dizzy almost I am......
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #87
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey GrabberMeBlue

YOU are SOOOOO Right on this:
[QUOTEI think in the interest of healthy sanity for all involved, this thread is probably nearing the end of its useful life. It seems to be a merry-go-round that just doesn't stop merry-go-round that just doesn't stop merry-go-round that just doesn't stop.][/QUOTE]

Ronnie
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I agree, didnt mean any insult, just got tired of repeating the situation. I got alot of respect for ya Ronnie, so hope you didnt misunderstand. I think this thread can be closed or deleted now, though I do worry about the sound I hear. Its all good though, I have an appointment on Wednesday.

Once again, thank you all for the input. I hope everyone has a good season of car events, and gets out there and drives.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #89
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm glad your getting it looked at.

Once it is on a lift they can check everything. If it is a bushing it will be easily replaced. It could be a shock but if not leaking oil I would doubt that. Still way safer to get it looked at.
Keep us informed.
Ronnie
Old 06-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I agree, didnt mean any insult, just got tired of repeating the situation. I got alot of respect for ya Ronnie, so hope you didnt misunderstand. I think this thread can be closed or deleted now, though I do worry about the sound I hear. Its all good though, I have an appointment on Wednesday.

Once again, thank you all for the input. I hope everyone has a good season of car events, and gets out there and drives.

Hope you enjoyed the humor in my last post. The repeating and mixed up sentences were intentional. Wanted to keep it light-hearted. Putting everything else in this post to rest and just dealing with your squeak, you could try the following:

Open the trunk and stand inside. Bounce up and down and see if you hear the squeak. Also open the driver door, grab the top and rock the car from side to side and see if you hear the squeak. If you do in either case, have someone get under the car and listen while you do it, and also listen inside the trunk. You may be able to pinpoint the source.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Ok moving up and down there is no noise, but when I push and pull the rear of the car side to side it makes the noise. Can't seem to locate the source. In several places people said it was the sway bar bushings or something, but it doesnt seem like the sound came from there. Anyone got any info?

A ford mechanic told me when i was leaving the other day that it looked like my car had sat in water. That... worried me. I was told the car is in good shape otherwise. lol
Old 06-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok moving up and down there is no noise, but when I push and pull the rear of the car side to side it makes the noise. Can't seem to locate the source. In several places people said it was the sway bar bushings or something, but it doesnt seem like the sound came from there. Anyone got any info?

A ford mechanic told me when i was leaving the other day that it looked like my car had sat in water. That... worried me. I was told the car is in good shape otherwise. lol

Anyone lay underneath, look around and listen while you were doing it, or were you stuck doing it alone?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Me and my grandfather both looked but no dice. Couldn't triangulate it
Old 06-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Is the noise speed/rpm dependent or a constant?
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Those factory panhard bars are very weak. I took mine off and rotated it and it sounded like beads in it. My rear end shifted about1/4inch to the left so I bought a new adjustable panhard bar and brace and everything is good now. I didn't bend my bar at all but wheel hopping could of done it too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution
20Mustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Doesn't sound like you baby it too much. I also have a 2013 with less than 5,000 miles.
Some people buy there car to drive. Not to just sit and look at it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I guess it all depends on just how hard he slid into that curb.
Man some if you can't read. It was two different events. He bumped a curve while at the ATM in one event. Then in another event ON A LATER DATE he hit a bump on a S-turn and the back end slid out. Two different incidents at two different times. Also I've never seen an ATM on a S-turn.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Oh god!

Don't get Ronnie started again...
Old 09-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Oh god!

Don't get Ronnie started again...
I won't respond to it. Just wanted to point that out. It's like only a few people actually read what he said.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I won't respond to it. Just wanted to point that out. It's like only a few people actually read what he said.

Lol
I think that Ronnie was enjoying himself...
Old 09-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Man some if you can't read. It was two different events. He bumped a curve while at the ATM in one event. Then in another event ON A LATER DATE he hit a bump on a S-turn and the back end slid out. Two different incidents at two different times. Also I've never seen an ATM on a S-turn.

So you're saying he slammed into a curb and the back end slid out?
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #102
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ponyboarder needs to let us know the outcome .

I did enjoy this because it made me dizzier then usual.

I was just wondering if Ponyboarder had ever got this completely repaired.

Did warranty cover the repairs or out of pocket?
Did he learn to slow down and watch where he is going when leaving a DRIVE-in anyplace?
Did he learn to slow down on curves?

It would be nice to know if it is all fixed because we will never ever know how it happened.
Ronnie
Old 05-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, unfortunately, the noise was from the exhaust rubbing on the suspenion. I managed to fix it, but unfortunately later my manifolds cracked, so I installed some headers.

Cars in good shape now, but unfortunately im selling it. I have a 2012 Golf R as my daily.

So now I either sell it, buy this 73 with a built 351 clevland near me and have cash in pocket, or trade both towards a mint gt500 near me with cash in my pocket.

Love the 3.7, but Im looking to get out of it. In 10 years ill buy a 2015 to track is the plan.

Realize this is a really old thread, but figured I should state all of this.

The ford dealers ended up not helping me at all, so I took it to a local shop that works on stock cars.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion