Mustang "rev" hellos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Mustang "rev" hellos

I've always been one to nod, wave or gesture hello to other stangs driving by, but a few months ago I started dropping in neutral (carefully, since auto lol) and revving hello. First time was a foxbody5.0 and he responded by revving back (manual and a lot easier and safer obviously) and quite enthusiastically revved back (dude loved the sound of his car something fierce). Anyhow, it's spreading, and I seem to be the one revving hello back to someone who revved at me first lately. it's pretty cool. If ur in Cali and an 04 Oxford White GT revs hello, well that's me

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
What part of Cali?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
I'm in antioch

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
sooooo much cooler if you have a V8

+1 on signs of repect for ALL cool cars.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

respect
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
When I do it it's not a hi, it's more of a come get some Hi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Mustang "rev" hellos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
When I do it it's not a hi, it's more of a come get some Hi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Basically lmao...

Now Wait til some road rager gets pissed off and tries to run you off the road because you revved at him lol. I've had that happen a few times.. People get so butt hurt over a rev. Now if I rev.. It's at a cute chick or it's game time.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
mark_ash0426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
When I do it it's not a hi, it's more of a come get some Hi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lol theres a red supercharged stang around where i live and every time i see him i give him a thumbs up and he just gives me a dirty look and revs at me. His dumbss started to rev at a gas station and somebody cursed at him lol
I wish you could come down here and show him whats up so he can have respect for mustangs haha
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Lol theres a red supercharged stang around where i live and every time i see him i give him a thumbs up and he just gives me a dirty look and revs at me. His dumbss started to rev at a gas station and somebody cursed at him lol
I wish you could come down here and show him whats up so he can have respect for mustangs haha
Lol. If he gives you dirty looks just blow a kiss at his ****** bag ***.
Look at the tires he is running out back. That will tell you if he is all bark and no bite or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
mark_ash0426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lol. If he gives you dirty looks just blow a kiss at his ****** bag ***.
Look at the tires he is running out back. That will tell you if he is all bark and no bite or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lol !
Hes running american muscle AMR wheels if im not mistaken the 19" with pirelli tires
No DRs
He has exhaust work but no suspension at least not too much because when i saw him racing a Z28 he spun sideways like crazy and burned tires all the way to 3rd gear
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Lol !
Hes running american muscle AMR wheels if im not mistaken the 19" with pirelli tires
No DRs
He has exhaust work but no suspension at least not too much because when i saw him racing a Z28 he spun sideways like crazy and burned tires all the way to 3rd gear
**** if he is on pirelli's and stock suspension, tell him he isn't about that life, he is just trying to act like he is hot ****.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
How is it for you cali guys, as far as no cats and etc? are they strict to where they will pull you over and check if your exhaust is to loud?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
How is it for you cali guys, as far as no cats and etc? are they strict to where they will pull you over and check if your exhaust is to loud?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Been running no cats for a year. My exhaust can be heard from a few blocks away.... I revved it all the way up next to a cop when someone cut me off before.......... They like American cars over here lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Been running no cats for a year. My exhaust can be heard from a few blocks away.... I revved it all the way up next to a cop when someone cut me off before.......... They like American cars over here lol
That's good then lol.
I have always heard horror stories about cali and the car scene. Never been there personally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
That's good then lol.
I have always heard horror stories about cali and the car scene. Never been there personally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I guess it depends on the part of Cali. I've never been pulled over in the Mustang. Live in Sacramento, and go to school in a nice part of the bay area.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,588
Honestly I tend to find that the people who do all the revving and acting like ******** when they are driving around in sports cars are the bolt on guys who have never been to a track in their lives. The ones who have legit fast *** vehicles know it and don't need to prove anything. Speak softly and carry a big stick.

This is not to say that a quick rev to say "hi" is the same as what I'm describing.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Honestly I tend to find that the people who do all the revving and acting like ******** when they are driving around in sports cars are the bolt on guys who have never been to a track in their lives. The ones who have legit fast *** vehicles know it and don't need to prove anything. Speak softly and carry a big stick.

This is not to say that a quick rev to say "hi" is the same as what I'm describing.

Your now my favorite person ever for using Teddy's quote.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:40 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
mark_ash0426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
**** if he is on pirelli's and stock suspension, tell him he isn't about that life, he is just trying to act like he is hot ****.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah hes old but trying to act hard
And the area where i live is pretty strict my exhaust was pretty loud i had a straight pipe until a few weeks ago that i got the first JBA axlebacks for the 2011-14 V6s
It sounds good and deep but not nearly as loud as my other setup
Im waiting on the final setup for shorties and mid pipe i hope it sounds good and i pick up some few ponies 👍
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
You know this may be a dumb question but I have been curious. I have an automatic and will sometimes also slip it into neutral and give a quick hello rev.. Can this be bad for the tranny? I have even seen Some one do it on the highway lol but when he put it back into gear it looked pretty brutal on the tranny so I said screw that haha.. We were going roughly 70mph when he popped it I to neutral lol

Funny story for me.. One time I was going for the hello rev and forgot I was in sports mode hahaha yea so my dumb@** ends up shifting Into D and not N lol and my hello rev made me look like a fool
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
You know this may be a dumb question but I have been curious. I have an automatic and will sometimes also slip it into neutral and give a quick hello rev.. Can this be bad for the tranny? I have even seen Some one do it on the highway lol but when he put it back into gear it looked pretty brutal on the tranny so I said screw that haha.. We were going roughly 70mph when he popped it I to neutral lol

Funny story for me.. One time I was going for the hello rev and forgot I was in sports mode hahaha yea so my dumb@** ends up shifting Into D and not N lol and my hello rev made me look like a fool
If you do drop it down to N to rev it, make sure the rpms drop back to the normal spot before putting it back in D.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you do drop it down to N to rev it, make sure the rpms drop back to the normal spot before putting it back in D.

Yea I do that as well. I do notice that it will still jump a little trying to get back Into the right speed for the current gear. that little lapse in the gear makes me worried if I could damage my tranny.. If that was the case I'll stick to an old school wave lol!
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,588
Don't risk your automatic that way honestly. Just wave or tap the horn or whatever.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
I definately didn't mean this as a freeway thing, completely unintelligent, lol...still happening all over the bay area though(in town, low speed, lol)

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Lmao
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Mustang "BOSS 227" :: 2011 Ford Mustang Whitelightning Member Garages 0 06-05-2012 08:02 PM
Does a 1983 mustang gt have a rev limiter? myung-dae 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 12-14-2011 09:17 PM
98 mustang rev limiter? pacho 1996-2004 Mustang GT 2 04-06-2010 05:53 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.