Finally got pulled over today for no front plate - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Finally got pulled over today for no front plate

Been over 2 years, going past multiple cops and probably over two hundred times through the military checkpoint at least. Some brand new 19 yr old E-3 decides to be a hard *** this morning at the gate. Even when I go get the plate out of my trunk and put it on the dash like "look there it is" he is like "you will have to report this ticket to your 1st Sergeant etc..." Lol, he's going to pull something like this to someone in civilian clothes who he probably shouldn't one day soon, he'll learn the hard way. Anyway I've been meaning to get one of these for awhile but keep being cheap/forgetting.

Lucky for me, he still has three 94-98 Cobra models in stock and I have an OEM Cobra bumper so woot for me. Lots of guys run these, they are no tools or drilling required and install in literally 2 minutes. What is really cool is the guy is still active duty so I should get shipping covered by a military discount. These brackets are reviewed all over the place as being omfg great, will post pics and report when I get it in and installed. In the meantime, my plate on the dash in the plastic is going to have to be good enough.

Also I should probably count my blessings that it WAS a military ticket where my 1st Shirt just rolls his eyes at me and goes "you idiot just get it fixed" vs paying a $50 ticket lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Glad NM doesn't require a front plate. I'm sure SF would have a god damn field day with that. They are constantly parked in dark areas looking for people to roll through a stop sign, or they write you a ticket for going 2mph over.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol not at McGuire. You can go 5-10 over on base no problem although I don't but some idiots do. Mostly its local cops parked outside of base housing just running plates as ppl come to the T intersection and nailing ppl who are late on registration.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

SF here at Kirtland does that for the local cops. As you come through the gate, one guy scans your CAC, the other checks your tags. They are ridiculous out here.

I got pulled over a few months ago for "rolling through a stop sign" Maybe going 0mph has a different definition to military cops? Pretty sure they were new, it took them a solid 45 minutes to write my ticket.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

I got the "rolling through a stop sign" once too. I literally came to a stop but did not "rock back". Not kidding... Sounds like fun times out there lol.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I got the "rolling through a stop sign" once too. I literally came to a stop but did not "rock back". Not kidding... Sounds like fun times out there lol.
Haha thats exactly what happened to me. Guess I'll just have to come to a screeching stop next time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion