How does the flash-to-pass function of your factory HIDs work? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
How does the flash-to-pass function of your factory HIDs work?

This question is for Mustangs having the factory HIDs fitted only. This probably only refers to 2011 and newer? Please don't answer if you have non-HID halogen headlights or aftermarket HIDs:

What do your HIDs do when you pull the multifunction lever rearward, toward the steering wheel when the headlights are off?

On my car the HIDs flash for a split second but do not stay on, even if I am holding the lever. Shouldn't they stay on until I release the lever?

If the head lights are already on, pulling the multifunction lever rearward turns on the high beams and they stay on until I release the lever as expected, and the way they work in every other car I've owned.

What does yours do?
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion