No CATS - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You get what you pay for, they are one of the best shops around.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 06:34 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yeah also heard that but I found a couple threads on here from 2009 of people complaining about how the shop is to cocky for it's own good. And others say their amazing. Guess it don't hurt to take a ride out there see what they're all about.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staytru06 View Post
Yeah also heard that but I found a couple threads on here from 2009 of people complaining about how the shop is to cocky for it's own good. And others say their amazing. Guess it don't hurt to take a ride out there see what they're all about.

Might have been a few specific individuals. Who knows. There is a shop like that where I live where multiple ppl say they are good and a few others threw up some big red flags. I went out there for myself and it did wind up that they have their heads completely up their *** with a very limited knowledge of certain Mustangs and bull**** knowledge for other years in an attempt to take someone's money.

If you are looking at Long Island then you are sort of local to me and I would highly recommend you NOT give a look at a shop called "Big Daddy Performance". Told me that they could not tune 94/95 computers and quoted the PO of my 98 $14k for a motor build. When he asked why they were at $14k with the same parts as other shops their response was literally "if you don't like it go somewhere else". I live 10 minutes from them, they are the closest dyno tuner by far and I trailered my 95 Cobra over an hour further south to a shop that doesn't suck crank. edit: Also any tuner that says they don't tune 94/95 computers should be laughed at loudly in person, pointed at and then told that any good tuner can get those computers to run great.

A good shop at the NJ Shore is Wicked Performance if you are looking around here (they were not around when I had my 95 tuned or I might have gone with them), and then there is Radical Racing in Atco, NJ down right by the 1/4 track down there. Probably a haul for you but its worth it to get it done right.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 06:50 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Haha well that's very good to know seems like every shop gets mixed reviews obviously but to be honest one thing I can't stand is when places think money just grows on trees. Obviously your trying to get the best price just as you would if you were shopping around for a car yet shops freak out when you ask why something is the price it is. IMO a good shop would be able to break it down for you exactly why the price is going to be what it is.

Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion