Raxiom halo projection HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Raxiom halo projection HELP

Can anybody tell me what HID bulb size do I need to fit this kit for my 2011. I do not have factory HID's and ordered a HID hit that comes with OEM size H13 bulbs. The H13 bulb is way too big to fit the Raxiom housing. What size HID kit do I need? Will a D2R size work. I need a dual beam HID kit?

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I believe the Raxiom headlights use a H9 bulb. Your best bet is to look at the bulb that came with the headlights. Should be marked with what size it is.

Sent from your mom's house.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I believe the Raxiom headlights use a H9 bulb. Your best bet is to look at the bulb that came with the headlights. Should be marked with what size it is.

Sent from your mom's house.
Your right. They do use H9 so I guess I need a H9 HiD bulbs. *****. I need an exchange. Ha ha ha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If I remember correctly when I put my first set on, depending on the kit, you'll also need an H9 > H13 harness adapters, the connectors are slightly different. It's been a while though.

Now once I figured out the first kit was eBay/Amazon crap I stepped up to a good quality Morimoto kit. It came with a relay to the battery and it had the correct connectors and plugged straight up. (P.S. don't run HIDs without a relay harness. The ballasts/bulbs will burn up quick, especially if they're cheap)
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
If I remember correctly when I put my first set on, depending on the kit, you'll also need an H9 > H13 harness adapters, the connectors are slightly different. It's been a while though.

Now once I figured out the first kit was eBay/Amazon crap I stepped up to a good quality Morimoto kit. It came with a relay to the battery and it had the correct connectors and plugged straight up. (P.S. don't run HIDs without a relay harness. The ballasts/bulbs will burn up quick, especially if they're cheap)
Couldn't agree more on going with a good kit vs the DDM/VVME/Kensun garbage. However, HIDPlanet has been reporting of a slew of Morimoto ballast issues lately which hopefully have been ironed out at this time. Scared me away from Morimoto though because it was happening when I was looking. I found a similar kit from XenonDepot, the "Volt" kit for $85 shipped on sale with a forum discount code I yoinked off a Lexus site. High quality ballasts, quartz glass bulbs and laser aligned on the bases.

And yes, almost every projector you can get uses a different bulb than stock including the ones I got for my 98. Instead of a 9007 it uses a 9006 and 9005 dual setup. Which is perfect because that allows me to run HIR bulbs in the hi-beam reflector.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Couldn't agree more on going with a good kit vs the DDM/VVME/Kensun garbage. However, HIDPlanet has been reporting of a slew of Morimoto ballast issues lately which hopefully have been ironed out at this time. Scared me away from Morimoto though because it was happening when I was looking. I found a similar kit from XenonDepot, the "Volt" kit for $85 shipped on sale with a forum discount code I yoinked off a Lexus site. High quality ballasts, quartz glass bulbs and laser aligned on the bases.

And yes, almost every projector you can get uses a different bulb than stock including the ones I got for my 98. Instead of a 9007 it uses a 9006 and 9005 dual setup. Which is perfect because that allows me to run HIR bulbs in the hi-beam reflector.
Have had 0 issues with mine so far. Could have been a bad batch between a certain timeframe. But Morimoto's customer service is excellent and they warranty all of their stuff.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
It was bad wiring in the ballasts themselves. A few ppl actually pulled them apart and just ran thicker/new wires and the ballasts worked fine. I'm not saying the company isn't good, I'm just saying that there was a bad run of ballasts this year that may or may not be sorted out yet so do your research. I have had 0 issues with my XenonDepot stuff and they are also a top notch company and highly recommended on HIDPlanet. They're Canadian based too so no dealing with the Chinese and someone speaking Engrish on the other end if you even get someone at all.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

If anyone was wondering H13 HID bulbs don't fit in the Raxiom projection halo lights. ***** I ordered the wrong HID bulb size kit. Ha ha ha

Here is the Raxiom projection halo lights off and on with out my HID lights because I'm a putz and ordered H13 bulb kit.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403991351990.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	160278   Click image for larger version

Name:	1403991367921.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	160279  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion