Not Pulling Like She Use To - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Not Pulling Like She Use To

Basically the title says it. I picked up my Mustang a at the end of last year and it was nothing but amazing to drive. I have been driving the car now as a daily driver for about 6 months now and it just doesn't pull like it used to. I did add a couple bolt ons and a tune and it ran great after that. Recently about a month ago I noticed that it wont pull. I try and push it when it gets to about 3000 RPM it just kinda revs out. I'm going to be cleaning my CAI this weekend and I am hoping that will help out. Other then that regular maintenance has been kept up on.

2013 GT V8, Steeda CAI, Bassani Exhaust
Unrivaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What year is your stang? You might need to Pull fuse 47.. If you have no idea what that is just google it of pm me and I'll send you a link..

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Nvm just saw the year lol yea pull fuse 47 will work wonders
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

My car is a manual trans...I thought that was only for automatic trans. Also I do have a tune on the car, so I'm pretty sure that my car isn't looking at fuse 47 anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
you must be married
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah it sounded like you had an auto from your description cause mines did that one night I was pushing her crazy hard ....

Big Jon -
Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
Basically the title says it. I picked up my Mustang a at the end of last year and it was nothing but amazing to drive. I have been driving the car now as a daily driver for about 6 months now and it just doesn't pull like it used to. I did add a couple bolt ons and a tune and it ran great after that. Recently about a month ago I noticed that it wont pull. I try and push it when it gets to about 3000 RPM it just kinda revs out. I'm going to be cleaning my CAI this weekend and I am hoping that will help out. Other then that regular maintenance has been kept up on.

2013 GT V8, Steeda CAI, Bassani Exhaust

Mine is doing the same thing right now and I have a manual. I did a full tune up and it didn't help much. It revs and wants to go but slowly accelerates but occasionally it does pull right.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
SkylerTallman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Where do you live? Climate can affect performance.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm actually in Alabama right now for work, it is really hot everyday(90 and up). For the last 3 months I have been here, and it has ran great. I know the heat could have an effect on performance, but I've never had a problem till about a month ago.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I'm actually in Alabama right now for work, it is really hot everyday(90 and up). For the last 3 months I have been here, and it has ran great. I know the heat could have an effect on performance, but I've never had a problem till about a month ago.
I see. Well if you've been filling up at a particular gas station lately I'd try and switch. I've filled up on bad gas before and it kills performance. As a car ages, it loses performance, but yours is still pretty much new so I seriously doubt that somethings wrong with the car itself.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
you must be married
/thread
Old 06-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
See if you MAF or plugs are dirty, (youd be getting a stumbling if they were, but worth a check) also you might have a bad batch of gas. Hows the humidity been lately? Thats also a killer of performance
Old 06-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
My car is a manual trans...I thought that was only for automatic trans. Also I do have a tune on the car, so I'm pretty sure that my car isn't looking at fuse 47 anymore.
Fuse 47 deals with more than shift points in the Automatic. Plus, just a quick fuse pull, 10 minutes and see how it feels. Worth trying.

Also good to take it back to stock and then re-upload the tune.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion