do you think they vandalized my car? what all to check? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
do you think they vandalized my car? what all to check?

I notice this frequently, like this evening I went to walmart for groceries and park near the back away from other cars (to not get door dinged and etc) and when I got back to my car I see this rusted 94/95 v6 parked just inches away from my car with 2 guys staring and laughing at my car and me, and I was like wtf but didn't say anything or make eye contact. but as I got home I'm wondering if they messed something up.

So far It starts fine, no check engine lights, I looked around the car and dont see any scratches, all the lights work, and windows look ok...so do you think they did anything?

Also another thing you should check is the valve stems, around here its getting popular where young kids will cut the valve stems and before you know it your tire is flat for no reason :S

anything else I should check? do you think they did anything? why do u think they were parked so close and laughing?

could they have done something to the undercarriage of my car? my exhaust and everything sounds fine and all the mods I did look fine. and if they tried to break in or get under hood then my glass would be broken/alarm would sound right?
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsBoyfriend View Post
I notice this frequently, like this evening I went to walmart for groceries and park near the back away from other cars (to not get door dinged and etc) and when I got back to my car I see this rusted 94/95 v6 parked just inches away from my car with 2 guys staring and laughing at my car and me, and I was like wtf but didn't say anything or make eye contact. but as I got home I'm wondering if they messed something up.

So far It starts fine, no check engine lights, I looked around the car and dont see any scratches, all the lights work, and windows look ok...so do you think they did anything?

Also another thing you should check is the valve stems, around here its getting popular where young kids will cut the valve stems and before you know it your tire is flat for no reason :S

anything else I should check? do you think they did anything? why do u think they were parked so close and laughing?

could they have done something to the undercarriage of my car? my exhaust and everything sounds fine and all the mods I did look fine. and if they tried to break in or get under hood then my glass would be broken/alarm would sound right?
They probably were laughing because they purposely parked so close to your car to try to piss you off.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Only thing I would be worried about is checking for any sugar residue in the gas cap. I've seen ****ers put sugar in gas tanks before. And that's a brutal thing.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Jealous pricks. They will probably be driving rusty 20 year old cars for the rest of their lives. I have nothing against rusty 20 year old cars, just don't hate on someone who worked harder, is smarter, or saved more to buy something nicer.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

BTW they do sell a Factory Ford locking gas cap.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
They probably were laughing because they purposely parked so close to your car to try to piss you off.
hopefully thats all lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Only thing I would be worried about is checking for any sugar residue in the gas cap. I've seen ****ers put sugar in gas tanks before. And that's a brutal thing.
yeah i heard that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
Jealous pricks. They will probably be driving rusty 20 year old cars for the rest of their lives. I have nothing against rusty 20 year old cars, just don't hate on someone who worked harder, is smarter, or saved more to buy something nicer.
agreed, i don't mind old mustangs, my buddy has a 95 v6 with dual exhaust, cobra rims, and maintained so well the paint looks brand new o.o but then u got people who buy a stang just to have a stang, then treat it like crap.

I been jealous too, but I wouldn't intentionally try to damage someone elses stuff, sad we live in a world where we have to take so many precautions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
BTW they do sell a Factory Ford locking gas cap.
how do these work? do u have to use a key each time u open it or is it one of those self seal gas gaps like the 11+? but i guess those aren't locking, or can you buy a locking cap fort hose as well? mine is an 06 GT btw.

cant believe i didnt think of a locking gas cap - gonna get one ASAP - hope its not too late i would notice from driving a few miles if they put anything in my gas cap right?

edit: looked online and they dont have one for my model except a billett one on AM, or oreilleys/autozone/etc got the ones for 20$ which should do the trick I assume. will snag one in the morning.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
That's when you say "nice V6" and drive off. Or just ignore. Take comfort in the fact that ppl like that have ****ty lives and have no other way to get their jollies.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
One other thing you should check on your valve stems. You can take a cap off, put a little pebble in the stem and put the cap back on loosely. Your tire will slow leak out, in a couple of minutes.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Get a locking gas cap. A while back a member shared a story about someone pouring stuff in his gas tank.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
One other thing you should check on your valve stems. You can take a cap off, put a little pebble in the stem and put the cap back on loosely. Your tire will slow leak out, in a couple of minutes.
When I lived in an apt complex some morons would constantly be blasting their subs at 2 AM. Not every night but it was someone's friend that was coming to visit. Called the cops a few times and nothing. So one night I brought a valve stem removal tool home from work and waited until they finally stfu and turned in. Next morning with my coffee was quite hilarious watching them trying to put air back in the tires and eventually having to call a flatbed. Dude never brought that car back after that.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I would have to agree that was probably it. Trying to get your goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I dont think they did anything to the car. Vandals are cowards. They are not going to wait for the owner to come back and laugh at him/her.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ13GT View Post
I dont think they did anything to the car. Vandals are cowards. They are not going to wait for the owner to come back and laugh at him/her.

Agreed.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ13GT View Post

this, if they did something to your car they wouldn't sit around. My guess is that they just parked really close to you to upset you. I've had people do this to me as well. It's a shame because now a days it's so hard to have nice things without people going out of their way to ruin them. I've had it happen more then once when I park in the back of the parking lot and over half the lot is open and someone will park over the line in my space.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I can park my car miles away from other cars.. When i come out of the store there will always be some rusty *** van beside me. Ive also had my car keyd at a mall, its not fun
youoweme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
wow the nerve of some people
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Yea if they did vandalize it they most likely wouldn't have stuck around.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

The locking gas cap has a key you have to use.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Park closer. Get that stuff on their cameras, and be less likely to be a target.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion