What would you pay. 94 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What would you pay. 94 gt

1994 MUSTANG 5.0 ...... CLEAN... 2ND OWNER dude says it has 187k on it. Engine replaced 50k ago but no proof. Only word of mouth from the first owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I would offer $2,999.99.

Not a penny more.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
KBB has a value of around $1700 but depending on condition the MOST I would pay is 3k for a car with that kind of miles. 4800 is too much and honestly you can find a newer GT with reasonable miles for 5-8k if you take your time and look.

Even if the engine was replaced you still have to think of the car as a whole unit. Transmission, rear end, suspension, bushings, sensors, etc. All of that is 20 years old with almost 200k on it. If you buy the car I would expect to occasionally having minor costs repairs.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
has cobra brakes, 18" rims and if the tires are quality then that rite there is 2500 basically in itself, the car is lowered and has tinted windows and appears to have a very clean body.
The average 94 GT stock I would pay a couple grand for 2k
this car if you like the rims, plan to keep the same springs ect. Then look at what you would spend to buy these things yourself and see if the price is reasonable. I say 3500 would be reasonable. Any more then that and you can just get a 99-04 instead.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
keep in mind you may be able to find another for 1500 but after buying wheels and tires, paint, tinted windows, after you lower it do some other small mods your looking at much much more then what this guy is asking. Still I would not pay 5k for this car, 3500 maybe 4k if you really like it 500 more isn't going to make you bankrupt
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

**** was wack. Looked great in pics. Not so much in person. 20 footer on the paint lol. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4565793676.html plus the odometer was zeroed out lmfao.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That link i posted is to a 2000gt. 49k miles on the chassis with a built 2v and patriot performance heads. All kinds of work. Said after he finished it he has only put 2k miles on it. Asking 12k. What yall think about this?

Old 07-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Not a bad deal depending on condition but I would be hesitant to buy a car that modded as a DD. Just because you don't know the whole cars history and with a car with those kinds of mods things will be more likely to break. So I guess it's a question are you looking for a weekend toy or a DD?

Old 07-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well i work a mile from where i live.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I like the 94. Then I have a 94 so I guess I'm partial to them. Mine currently has 178 K on it & runs perfect. I've had to replace a few things...battery, tune up, water pump but it's been a real good car. I paid $4K for it 2 years ago...Completely Stock. So with the upgrades the car for sale has I think around $4K is reasonable. Now if it has other suspension up grades $4800 might be reasonable. All New Bushings, Tubular Control Arms, Shocks & Struts & the cars worth the $4800 in my book.
I wouldn't sell mine for under $6K. But I have a Brand New Motor I built going in real soon & all new bushings, shocks, struts, brakes & rotors I just installed & kept all my receipts. Also all new Exhaust just installed.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

At the end of the day any car is only worth what someone will pay for it. If you see value in a car with 187 k with a lot of upgrades and you feel that there mods you would do anyway then it may be a good deal for you. But keep in mind that cars like that will not appeal to your average buyer. So if your plan to keep it long term I wouldn't worry about it but if you like to change cars every year or two then I would stay away as you may have trouble getting your money out of it. When your average buyer sees the car the miles are going to scare them and there going to look at it as your asking triple what the cars worth b/c you added that much in mods. At the end of the day mods don't add value and they would rather spend 6-8k for a newer car with less miles.

I honestly see this all the time on Craigslist. People list older cars and indicate the mods or that it has a new transmission or engine and have it listed for 2-3 times the cars value. And you honestly see these same cars listed all the time and the sellers just keep reposting the ad. As a buyer not to sound harsh, I could care less how much you spent on maintenance, wheels, or a catback. I look at what the cars worth period. If you spent 2k on mods or 500 on a tune up, I'm not having that cost passed to me. I generally switch cars every year or two just to change and I can honestly say that the majority of the time I've broken even on my cars. The key is to be patient when looking and figure out what you want and stay firm with it. Don't let emotions get too involved if the price or car isn't right. So many people feel like they have to buy the first car they see and overlook simple red flags just because they want a new car right now.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I 1/2 way agree with you Starz. A person who hasn't bought & paid for or has never done any mods will think the car is not worth it because they see other cars the same year for cheaper. I went through that when I sold my 04 because of the mods. I just told those people they had no idea what they were looking at so this wasn't the car for them. Told them to go buy a car that was completely stock & mod it yourself & you'll pay a lot more than my price & you'll have to do all the work. So...the buyer of a car that's modded has to know something about mods for him to see the value. Others are more like " I just want a MUSTANG ". Go get your Mustang & let's race so you see what you missed out on. They'll wish they paid the extra $2K for the better car. I went with my 94 because 94 & 95 were the last 2 years of the 5.0 in that body style.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well that car wasnt what i expected so check out the second link that i posted and lmk what u think. Heres the details he texted me

The engine is built from top to bottom. All forged internals, low compression forged pistons, forged rods and forged crank, stage 2 heads from promaxx, Compcams, new manifold, bbk plenum and throttle body.
Hellion power systems single turbonetics turbo , front mount inter cooler big Tial 50mm BOV and a eboost 2 boost controller.

Chassis has tube k member , lower a arms and coil overs.

Fuel system has been worked 80 LB injectors , big pump with a Kennedy bell boost a pump.

He did the assembly he said but he has the paper work for everything else he said. Says 2k miles since the car has been completed.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
I 1/2 way agree with you Starz. A person who hasn't bought & paid for or has never done any mods will think the car is not worth it because they see other cars the same year for cheaper. I went through that when I sold my 04 because of the mods. I just told those people they had no idea what they were looking at so this wasn't the car for them. Told them to go buy a car that was completely stock & mod it yourself & you'll pay a lot more than my price & you'll have to do all the work. So...the buyer of a car that's modded has to know something about mods for him to see the value. Others are more like " I just want a MUSTANG ". Go get your Mustang & let's race so you see what you missed out on. They'll wish they paid the extra $2K for the better car. I went with my 94 because 94 & 95 were the last 2 years of the 5.0 in that body style.
I can agree with that, and a lot depends on the level of mods. If its a catback, intake, wheels opposed to a cam/FI/N20 thats day and night to try and sell the car for more because of the mods. I didn't mean the car is not sell-able, but will take longer to find the right buyer that wants those mods anyways. Not only do you have to find the right buyer it also has to be someone that 1. trusts the work was done right and 2. would prefer to not do the build themselves. A lot of people enjoy building the car themselves opposed to just buying a built car. Factor in all of that and more then likely it will take longer to sell, and often times people get impatient and take a huge hit. Like I said before if the OP likes the car and plans to keep the car it could save him a lot in the long run but if not it may take a while to find the right buyer without taking a loss.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
I've learned a long time ago you either buy bone stock unmolested or a modified car with a known history as in you are friends with the person OR you can look at a build thread with pics and years' worth of posts from the previous owner on an online forum to make sure they are not a moron and the car is built well. And even then expect to find little things here and there. Anything else is a no-go.

And with a car that has higher miles I'd be more worried about the car itself vs the engine/trans honestly. Consider something with 150-200k a roller if the motor and trans have not been replaced with documentation. Motors and transmissions, especially for a pushrod 5.0 car are a dime a dozen and stupid easy to swap out.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion