I need help please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #1

I need help please

Hello, I own a mustang GT 2005 it's supercharged by a procharger, sct tuner chip, diablosport predator and long tube headers. How ever I can't seen to pass NJ inspection. My check engine light was on, threw o2 sensors code. So I had all 4 changed, Sensors and monitors. Now when the computer is plugged in it's not ready, all monitors flashing. I've driven the car for over 600 miles and nothing yet. Now I have 2 handheld tuners. The one I always keep on is the sct tune as is makes the car faster or so the old owner told me. But I may have broken the sct handheld one because I kept it in my trunk and a little while ago laundry detergent was spilt in my trunk. I mean the whole container. The sct was drenched in detergent, but the diablosport one is ok. So now idk if I need to bring my car back to stock tune in order to pass NJ inspection. If so how can I do that with the handheld sct ruined. I plugged it in, it turns on but I can't make out the letters and don't think it scrolls up and down. How should I go about this problem?? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
diego05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Get your tune fixed, any tuner worth two ****s will be able to clear all DTCs. Google Wicked Performance in Tom's River or Radical Racing in Atco and see what they can do for you. Avoid Big Daddy like the plague. NJ has no visual anymore, just OBDII so once you get a competent tuner in there who can clear your DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) you will be fine.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #3

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #4

Why avoid big daddy? What don't you like about them? Nj stangers recommended them lol

Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego05gt View Post
Why avoid big daddy? What don't you like about them? Nj stangers recommended them lol

Read more about them. They're overpriced jackasses and they act like they can do no wrong and are really arrogant. Also, any shop that says they can't tune a 94/95 computer has ZERO business tuning anything. I wouldn't let them put air in my tires. I've been there personally and had to stop myself laughing at some of the bogus info one of the techs was spouting off. Shops like this are dangerous to ppl who don't have working knowledge of these cars and trust the mechanics to do the right thing.

There are a ton of other shops in this state, if you are around Big Daddy then you are 15 minutes from Wicked Performance. Radical Racing in Atco, NJ (5 min from the track) is a really good tuner I recommend as well.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #6

Ok, very good. Thank u so much for the info.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion