FORD dealership abuse - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
FORD dealership abuse

I would like to share my bad experience with a dealership:
This is how a mechanic from Sawgrass Ford, Sunrise, FL. attempted to fix my car.
I had a small knock from the top of my engine, maybe carbon build up. The mechanic, instead of treating with chemicals(protocol), decided that it would be easier to run my car in first gear for 5 miles at redline. He discusses with another mechanic in the car how he would like to either fix it or blow it up. My expensive Shelby CS1 wheels were damaged along with the transmission during the time they had my car. There was rubber down the sides of my car and 80+ miles on my car from when the camera was shut off by the shop foreman.
I gave them 2 chances to repaint the wheels, until they had to replace them finally. They gave the car back to me with 3 new wheels and told me that they replaced 4, THEY LIED again. I spent much time trying for them to get my wheels balanced after that, and to top it off, now my transmission flare is considered normal to them, even though it was operating properly when I dropped it off, they refuse to fix it without an engine light code. My car is not shifting normally from 3rd to 4th gear now and sometimes loses the gear completely.
After over a month of time back and forth to the dealership, I have come to the conclusion that this will never get resolved and I am too scared and untwist worthy of this dealership to keep my car out of my site again.
I record in and out of my car at all times and my cameras are in clear site of view. The mechanics point out the camera and mention that it is possible that it is recording.
After all the issues I had with this dealership, the mechanic still has a job at this dealership servicing cars.
How I kept my cool, i do not know! My wheels have been replaced finally! They will not repair the transmission and I have the extended service plans.
What a shame!
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post
I would like to share my bad experience with a dealership:
You can contact the Ford regional service manager. They are there to help customers like you. You can find them on the internet. Good luck.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Wow that is bad
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I wouldn't have been so kind to block out their faces.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
everyone at the dealership is your best friend until you buy the actual car... kind of sad how that works
youoweme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youoweme View Post
everyone at the dealership is your best friend until you buy the actual car... kind of sad how that works
Not all are like that at all. My service department is my best friend. Those guys go out of their way to keep me happy. Some people are just a$$holes. You may have to do some research but find a dealer who is performance oriented. They are out there. Find one that doesn't void warranties for FRCC upgrades or one that sponsors race cars. Usually if the sell Roush, Saleen or Shelbys they are good. Unfortunately, depending on where you live it may be a drive. I happen to live in a large metropolitan area and we have several good dealers.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Take that video to the service manager and/or owner of the dealership. Let them know how their employees are operating. Then let 'em know you're taking the video to the Ford regional manager. Watch how quickly you become the dealership most important customer.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just get a lawyer and demand a brand new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Contact your Ford regional manager. Schedule a meeting w him and show him this
Old 07-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerone View Post
Take that video to the service manager and/or owner of the dealership. Let them know how their employees are operating. Then let 'em know you're taking the video to the Ford regional manager. Watch how quickly you become the dealership most important customer.
Yep, he needs to run this up the chain. Email corporate if need be. This is completely unacceptable and yet another example of why I always try to do all my own work... wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
Just get a lawyer and demand a brand new car!

This could be another option. Make sure you go after them for all legal fees too.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Did you show the manager at the dealer the video? If they certainly don't care, contact Ford and show them the video.

Definitely get a lawyer, demand at least a new engine and transmission, or a new car.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Your clearly nicer then most. If that were my car and I had proof I would be sending it to the service manager at the dealership, GM of dealership, as well as Ford corp. regional service manager. And if I didn't get anywhere with the I'm sure a local news station would love a story like this. And honestly from your original post it sounds like not only a problem with the one employee but the general attitude of the service department as a whole.

But in all reality if the dealership is aware of this and the mechanic still has a job there that is completely unacceptable. This reminds me of something I read a while back where a couple brought their Camaro ZL1 in for service and the mechanic took it for a joy ride and wrecked the car and the dealer refused to replace the car at first. And after enough bad publicity the dealership actually gave them a new car.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Now I'm scared of taking my car in for service, and I thought the dealership I went to was bad.... Boy was I wrong. I went to the dealership on Monday in the morning to take it in for service, 2 days passed and I was thinking to myself "why haven't they called me" so I went and asked if my car was ready and they told me they haven't done anything to my car... It was just parked at the dealership without getting serviced! I just told them to give me the keys, so I could take it somewhere else!

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If this video is indeed the mechanic at the dealership driving your car, why hasn't the service manager, the regional Ford service rep, and the local news been given a copy (so they can air it to be shown to the public)?

Your afraid? Why? They did you wrong; you'd have nothing to be scared about. There are other Ford dealerships you can have your Mustang serviced at.

Visit this dealership, ask to speak to the manager/owner, and show them the video. Then explain to them you plan to release it to the local news in your area. If that does not get the dealerships attention, then contact the police, and/or a lawyer.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:02 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I 2nd why wouldn't this video be shown to the manager etc???

Unless there is something you are hiding???

Something just does not add up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

FORD dealership abuse

Ok. So why have you posted this video on You Tube but didn't take it to the appropriate people instead, as others have suggested? Is this not an authentic video, but instead made up to possibly go viral? If it is authentic, I would certainly have gone to a lawyer first before posting it on You Tube as it could surely hurt your case, and possibly get you in some sort of trouble, like slandering the dealer if you lost.

If this really happened to you, sorry for our scepticism, but you are going down the wrong path to get things resolved in your favor.

This almost seems like something a disgruntled employee would do, and they would have easy access to uniforms and such.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:14 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
He has done a lot of what you guys suggest. I believe him and the video is real. He doesn't frequent this forum very much and that is probably why he hasn't responded to you all. Here is the full story he posted on another forum.

http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index....sawgrass-ford/
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Some people are not confrontational and will avoid it at almost all costs. Not me, this would have been sent to 10 or 15 ppl including news agencies the day after it happened if they told me they would not fix it and I would have contacted my lawyer.

I've learned from experience that besides you and your family/some close friends, nobody gives two ****s about you not really... You have to be the biggest ****** in the world when dealing with ppl like this dealership if it is indeed as the video suggests. Call them 5 times a day, harass the **** out of them, make sure they are damn well aware that corporate is getting involved as well as a lawyer and just keep on doing it until you get a resolution.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Some people are not confrontational and will avoid it at almost all costs. Not me, this would have been sent to 10 or 15 ppl including news agencies the day after it happened if they told me they would not fix it and I would have contacted my lawyer.

I've learned from experience that besides you and your family/some close friends, nobody gives two ****s about you not really... You have to be the biggest ***** in the world when dealing with ppl like this dealership if it is indeed as the video suggests. Call them 5 times a day, harass the **** out of them, make sure they are damn well aware that corporate is getting involved as well as a lawyer and just keep on doing it until you get a resolution.

Wonder what the dealer would do or think if they knew this was out on You Tube for the world to see? This is a valid dealership, I found their site on the Internet.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
He has done a lot of what you guys suggest. I believe him and the video is real. He doesn't frequent this forum very much and that is probably why he hasn't responded to you all. Here is the full story he posted on another forum.

Customer Service Problem, Sawgrass Ford - V6 Talk - FastFordMuscle.com
And from what I read, most on that site are saying the same that's being said here (even though that post was made on June 4th); why hasn't this gone to the manager of the shop?

Something does seem a bit strange about this. Since he posted the vid on the other site on June 4th, and its now been posted here the end of the month, it's not making sense as to why he has not gotten legal help.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I skimmed through that thread, he originally did show the video to the manager and they acknowledged what happen, they promised him they would do what he wanted to fix the situation, but I guess after almost 2 months back and forth, they did not hold up to their promise. He said he got a lawyer and going to the local media with this now.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanine View Post
I skimmed through that thread, he originally did show the video to the manager and they acknowledged what happen, they promised him they would do what he wanted to fix the situation, but I guess after almost 2 months back and forth, they did not hold up to their promise. He said he got a lawyer and going to the local media with this now.
Exactly and they also threaten him if he didn't take down the video. Which he did until recently after they didn't hold up there end of the bargain.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion