Butt Dyno Measurements - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Butt Dyno Measurements

So I just popped in a JLT cold air intake and uploaded a Bama 91 race tune. Holy crap......ABSOLUTELY made a significant difference. The combo, maybe just the tune...who knows.....but FOR SURE increased horsepower. Gave it the usual push of the pedal around the same turns I make day in and day out but this time the *** swung way out wildly....scared the piss outta me. Accelerated and took off like a raped monkey!!!!

What's the deal with the race tune? Can I run this every day and not hurt anything? Will it jack up California smog testing? I don't care about the gas since my company pays for it?
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Yes, you can run 'race' tunes on a DD. Possibly, depends on the tune, ask Bama.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post
So I just popped in a JLT cold air intake and uploaded a Bama 91 race tune. Holy crap......ABSOLUTELY made a significant difference. The combo, maybe just the tune...who knows.....but FOR SURE increased horsepower. Gave it the usual push of the pedal around the same turns I make day in and day out but this time the *** swung way out wildly....scared the piss outta me. Accelerated and took off like a raped monkey!!!!

What's the deal with the race tune? Can I run this every day and not hurt anything? Will it jack up California smog testing? I don't care about the gas since my company pays for it?

i run the race tune with all my mods I've never ran anything but it and i love it, car is ready to go when i need it to be and I've learned to control my car. as for california i would say no but i would ask bama if the tunes are 50 state legal. my car has been running fine running the tune for several months now and people here on forums have ran them for years.
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post

Good stuff! Thanks for your feedback. I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying your Bama tune so much!

The Race tune is perfectly safe to run all the time!

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion