Maximum hp obtainment... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Damn bro I'm sorry you've had a sh*tty time. I know several police captains (two are uncles, ones a professor) and they all swear the force was the best thing that happened to them. I don't wanna be a patrol officer but my major is criminal justice and criminology so I'll be in the field. Lol
What college? GMU?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Damn bro I'm sorry you've had a sh*tty time. I know several police captains (two are uncles, ones a professor) and they all swear the force was the best thing that happened to them. I don't wanna be a patrol officer but my major is criminal justice and criminology so I'll be in the field. Lol
I know several police captains too (lol) and when you hit that level of administration; that's completely different than what I and other patrol officers do. I can't speak for every law enforcement agency out there but majority of Captain's don't do police work.

Captains are in house pencil pushers who attend COMSTAT meetings and attend other meetings. Most Captain's that I know don't have a clue on modern day policing. These many Captain's haven't worked the road and handled a call for services in decades and many times several decades.

Im sure they are happier in the force because they don't do the dirty work of modern day policing. They don't have too deal with the drags of society all day long. No more domestic disturbances. No more bar and club fights. There home with their families on nights and weekends and holidays.

Policing in 2014 ain't like what it was back in the 60's, 70's, 80's and early to mid 90's. Its a thankless job that people hate you because the police are nothing but a pain in the a$$. We take peoples freedom away when they get arrested. We give citations out for moving violations.

Nobody is happy to see the police. Dealing with trashy human beings and criminals day after day after day can really wear down on a person and many cops become very jaded. We think everybody is a POS because that all we deal with. We don't often deal with good law biding citizens because those people don't typically call us. Its the crap of society that calls us.

Were are expected to solve these peoples problems in a matter of minutes and when you can't, people get pissed.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I know several police captains too (lol) and when you hit that level of administration; that's completely different than what I and other patrol officers do. I can't speak for every law enforcement agency out there but majority of Captain's don't do police work.

Captains are in house pencil pushers who attend COMSTAT meetings and attend other meetings. Most Captain's that I know don't have a clue on modern day policing. These many Captain's haven't worked the road and handled a call for services in decades and many times several decades.

Im sure they are happier in the force because they don't do the dirty work of modern day policing. They don't have too deal with the drags of society all day long. No more domestic disturbances. No more bar and club fights. There home with their families on nights and weekends and holidays.

Policing in 2014 ain't like what it was back in the 60's, 70's, 80's and early to mid 90's. Its a thankless job that people hate you because the police are nothing but a pain in the a$$. We take peoples freedom away when they get arrested. We give citations out for moving violations.

Nobody is happy to see the police. Dealing with trashy human beings and criminals day after day after day can really wear down on a person and many cops become very jaded. We think everybody is a POS because that all we deal with. We don't often deal with good law biding citizens because those people don't typically call us. Its the crap of society that calls us.

Were are expected to solve these peoples problems in a matter of minutes and when you can't, people get pissed.

+1 to everything you said
Most of my family is/was a cop. NYPD and Nassau County PD. I am currently going through the medical/psych etc. evaluations, got a really good test score and list # for NCPD and will hopefully be off to the academy in the spring/summer 2015.
It's what I have always wanted to do. I did 2 years of Army ROTC in college before I got my list # and decided to go that route instead. I'm more comfortable in the field than I am in a class room sitting in a desk, it's just what I want to do. It will suck at times, and maybe I will hate it eventually, but it's what I have always wanted to do and my father, uncle, god father, god mother, numerous cousins, etc. have all done before me.
I am excited and grateful for the opportunity to have a full time job doing what I want.
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maximum hp obtainment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

+1... Then the cops that are jaded live up to their names of being ********. It's a wicked system, but surely you deal with decent people during traffic stops.

And yeah, there's a lot of people that like being a cop. Most are power hungry and love the power that comes with being a cop. They can beat the **** out of you then claim self defense. Unless it's recorded, it's your word against theirs. Cops aren't here to "protect the citizens" anymore. They are merely here now to keep the peace and make money from violations. Hence having a quota. Oh and to make themselves look good by snatching up dumb kids.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion