Appearance mods advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Appearance mods advice

I recently bought a completely stock appearance wise 07 gt. I'm getting my windows tinted next week. But what should I have done? Grilles? Louvers? Chin spoilers? Deck lid panels? And anything I can do to dress up the interior as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GunMetalGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Front bumper needs a complete replace IMO, the 05-09 front bumper looks like ****. Ducktail on the rear, cowl hood, 19" rims, lowered and louvers. I personally think the 05-09 is the ugliest Mustang since the Mustang II in stock trim. Even the Fox has a certain charm to it... However, with the right aftermarket parts, the 05-09 can really clean up well and look good.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Front bumper needs a complete replace IMO, the 05-09 front bumper looks like ****. Ducktail on the rear, cowl hood, 19" rims, lowered and louvers. I personally think the 05-09 is the ugliest Mustang since the Mustang II in stock trim. Even the Fox has a certain charm to it... However, with the right aftermarket parts, the 05-09 can really clean up well and look good.

I don't think they are bad looking I think each much mustang can clean up well and I actually like the way fox bodies look! But thanks !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Really exterior stuff is all going to be a matter of opinion. Different people like different things. You just have to search and see what you like the best. The biggest improvement in exterior that I made were the roush front bumper lowering the car and some wheels. Even that is just my opinion though. Others may say they don't like those changes. Just look around see what you like and make your car to your liking. At the end of the day your the only one that has to drive it and look at it or even cares what your car looks like

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
silvr002001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvr002001 View Post
Really exterior stuff is all going to be a matter of opinion. Different people like different things. You just have to search and see what you like the best. The biggest improvement in exterior that I made were the roush front bumper lowering the car and some wheels. Even that is just my opinion though. Others may say they don't like those changes. Just look around see what you like and make your car to your liking. At the end of the day your the only one that has to drive it and look at it or even cares what your car looks like

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Good advice thanks ! I just didn't wanna do any mods that would be seen as ricery or frowned upon haha.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Louvers and spoiler are my favorites on all since 2000. After that Rims and lower make a big difference. As guy said though. Everything is personal preference
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Wheels will make the biggest appearance difference at first glance, but louvers and spoilers will obviously be a bit more cost effective if you're looking to ease your way into it.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Appearance mods advice

Does anyone here have any experience with a carbon fiber dress up kit!? I think it looks really cool! Or if not something I can do to make my interior a little more unique. thanks also for the input I like the way my wheels look I'm just going to have them powder coated black.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I used Plastidip and it turned out pretty nice

BlackKnight92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight92 View Post
I used Plastidip and it turned out pretty nice

Wow that looks really good !!!! I've been looking for something like this to make my car look less plain.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGT View Post
Wow that looks really good !!!! I've been looking for something like this to make my car look less plain.

Exactly my thoughts. The interior is kinda boring stock. You've gotta love Plastidip. The only difficult part was the passenger dash...it doesn't come off easy lol.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. The interior is kinda boring stock. You've gotta love Plastidip. The only difficult part was the passenger dash...it doesn't come off easy lol.

Haha as long as I don't break it ! I think I'm going to go with the either blue or red I haven't decided !

Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGT View Post
Haha as long as I don't break it ! I think I'm going to go with the either blue or red I haven't decided !

Blue, for sure. The red can be a bit much early in the morning driving to work! Ill end up changing it at some point.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly haha. Now all I have to do is decide on a color ! And try not to break the dash haha

Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Just swap to an OEM black IMO. That's what I did on my 98. I do have to paint my 01 console since you can't get the 01-04 style in the right shade for a 94-98 car but I will be using SEM dye with the correct cleaning procedure/adhesive promotor/clear. I've seen way too many interiors not done right that look good at first and then look like **** a month or two later because it was not done properly with high quality dye. I've also seen plenty of interiors that just looked like **** because it was a **** job originally lol. That red plasti dip looks like it came out good though. I wonder how that would hold up over a long period of time?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just swap to an OEM black IMO. That's what I did on my 98. I do have to paint my 01 console since you can't get the 01-04 style in the right shade for a 94-98 car but I will be using SEM dye with the correct cleaning procedure/adhesive promotor/clear. I've seen way too many interiors not done right that look good at first and then look like **** a month or two later because it was not done properly with high quality dye. I've also seen plenty of interiors that just looked like **** because it was a **** job originally lol. That red plasti dip looks like it came out good though. I wonder how that would hold up over a long period of time?
I've done alot of exterior plastidip that has held up well so i have high hopes
Old 08-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Plasti dip is good stuff! I had my wheels done on my jeep and it lasted 6 months with hard off-roading. I think it would hold up really well like that but I guess I will have to find out.!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion