05 to 15 body styles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
05 to 15 body styles

Here's my take on these body styles: 05 to 09 = retro, 10 to 14 = modified retro, 15 = jaguar

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If the 15 MY Mustang looked more like a Jag, I would like it better !!

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
If the 15 MY Mustang looked more like a Jag, I would like it better !!
It looks like a fusion, mustang, and Aston Martin got together and morphed into this abomination.

Looks fine when I look at it from an Aston design perspective, but not from what it is, a Mustang.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

05-09 = Fug but, like Laney Boggs, has a lot of potential with not very much work

10-14= Sexy beast of a car, except the 2010 is like the person you take home and what's under the hood is not as advertised... Unless its the GT500.

15= That huge dude who is going through a Metrosexual phase.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
05-09 Cool but like the 00-04 better I think, good transition on 10-14 body style I really love. 10 is kind of odd year because old drivetrain. 2015 looks like outsourced to Europe. OK I guess but I will keep my 2013 until at least the next major change... and by then it will be perfect
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
The 15 does have euro look to it and I'll have to get a test drive before I make final judgement on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have a feeling a lot of ppl who test drive the 2015 (myself included) will probably start liking it a lot more. Not sure if I'll like the price though. Going rate on a really nice low mileage 11/12 is $22k. Even brand new base model 2014s are $27k.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I guess I'm crazy. When I had to replace my '13 after a drunk totaled it I had a couple weeks seriously debating on ordering a '15 or getting a '14. I decided I loved the S197 look and wanted the last year of its breed. Plus the $5,000 off the top along with a lot of other incentives made it a price I couldn't refuse. By the time I'm ready to replace it I figure and '17 or '18 will have kinks worked out and more new goodies thrown in. I love the looks and interior and think it's a sharp car. But my S197 is beautiful and am glad I got it. I'll be happy for quite awhile. And will keep it. Won't mind having two generations of Stangs in the garage.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:20 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
It's growing on me (the new model), but because I don't buy new, It would be awhile before used ones are available.

The market will soon have some really clean 2011 to 2014 GT's to select from, as I suspect there will be lots of current Mustang owners trading in so they can have the newest.

I don't attend too many Mustang events anymore because of this. I'll walk around and admire the Mustangs that have some years under their belt. Those that are daily drivers, and clean impress me the most. Those that are out for a show, with low mileage, and listening to the owners talk about how its a garage queen that only comes out on sunny days for a few hours do not impress me one bit.

It will be one of those current garage queens that will be my next Mustang. Their owners will have to have a new one to garage and brag about at a show, and I'll be driving off in their older pristeen one, hopefully in pouring rain, as I chirp a tire or two down the road!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
It's growing on me (the new model), but because I don't buy new, It would be awhile before used ones are available.

The market will soon have some really clean 2011 to 2014 GT's to select from, as I suspect there will be lots of current Mustang owners trading in so they can have the newest.

I don't attend too many Mustang events anymore because of this. I'll walk around and admire the Mustangs that have some years under their belt. Those that are daily drivers, and clean impress me the most. Those that are out for a show, with low mileage, and listening to the owners talk about how its a garage queen that only comes out on sunny days for a few hours do not impress me one bit.

It will be one of those current garage queens that will be my next Mustang. Their owners will have to have a new one to garage and brag about at a show, and I'll be driving off in their older pristeen one, hopefully in pouring rain, as I chirp a tire or two down the road!
Exactly. I've never understood garage queens but that's just me to each their own. I bought it to drive. I live on a ranch and the drive from the highway to my front door is a mile long dirt road. Black doesn't stay clean long but I've always wanted a Mustang and finally got the dream. There will definitely be a ton of 12,13,14 cars with hardly any miles out there for cheap. Will be a great time to buy a used one. I just like to be the only one that's driven my car. I know it's a waste of money in some respects, but the feeling of driving off the lot with 2 miles on the odometer is worth some dollars to me.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
If I had the cash for a 2015 GT, I would get it!.. Sat in one not long ago and it was NICE!.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407930094.136862.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	926.3 KB
ID:	163355

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion