AmericanMuscle 2004 Terminator Mustang Project?!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
AmericanMuscle 2004 Terminator Mustang Project?!?!

This is pretty exciting, I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Bama Performance 2003 Terminator Cobra Build - AmericanMuscle.com
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I'm wondering what/anything they are going to be doing that we haven't already seen done to death on the Termi. Its one of the most documented hot rodded platforms there is.

edit: Looked at the "stage 1" list. Hood struts? That is a big power Termi mod? lulz. As for the rest of them, yawn. When they drop a Whipple on it and SRA swap it then it might be able to compete with some of the other serious ones out there.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Road Trip!

I don't see any hood struts on the Stage 1 list... O_o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
This is pretty exciting, I can't wait to see what they have planned. Bama Performance 2003 Terminator Cobra Build - AmericanMuscle.com
Rush-We're pretty excited to see what the have up their sleeves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'm wondering what/anything they are going to be doing that we haven't already seen done to death on the Termi. Its one of the most documented hot rodded platforms there is.
Bama's being pretty tight lipped on this but from what I'm hearing it's going to be insane Stay tuned!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Rush-We're pretty excited to see what the have up their sleeves!

Bama's being pretty tight lipped on this but from what I'm hearing it's going to be insane Stay tuned!
When I think of insane for this build, forged/rebuilt engine and a big arse Whipple comes to my mind.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said, unless its Whippled and SRA converted with a built auto and putting out 4 figure power its not a crazy drag car. These cars get into the 9s on ported Eatons, a bunch of weight reduction, a good auto setup and an ice setup in the trunk. So this thing better run 8s.

Or slap a NA Cobra intake onto it and turbo the **** out of it.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Like I said, unless its Whippled and SRA converted with a built auto and putting out 4 figure power its not a crazy drag car. These cars get into the 9s on ported Eatons, a bunch of weight reduction, a good auto setup and an ice setup in the trunk. So this thing better run 8s.

Or slap a NA Cobra intake onto it and turbo the **** out of it.
Keep in mind that their builds aren't "crazy drag cars", they take a street ride, add a few bits and bobs and make it a quicker street car. Keyword there is STREET car.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
If you watch the first one, they say there going to push the car as far as they can go on the basics and then there going to throw the blower in the trash and have something crazy up there sleeves. I cant see this doing something mild with those claims.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Hood struts? Really?!

We're leaving this one completely up to Bama. So far, there's not a single scoop, louver, hood strut, etc. They decided to max out the stock blower with some bolt-ons and were able to go 11.48 at 121mph on the street wheel/tire set up.

Now they're going to replace it with a different power adder and shoot for some bigger numbers. They're still looking to dig deeper into the 10's or high-9's on that IRS maybe with some supporting mods to keep it from breaking.

Even if they do trash the stock IRS in the process, they'll swap out to an SRA and who knows how much power they'll crank out of this thing down the road with some race gas. They're going to be building a pretty fun car out of this. Have some faith. "If it isn't making over 1000 with an SRA it's nothing" is a pretty bold statement. Who knows what they'll do with it?

Stage 2 is live!

Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol ok I was making it up... I know I saw MMD Hood struts on the list. I guess it got edited after myself or someone else said something. The fact that a pulley removal/install tool is still on there too kind of proves my point tho.

Ported Eaton cars making 520rwhp are in the mid 9s with a built 4R and a SRA so Bama is going to HAVE to ditch the manual at least to keep up. That or be making a lot more power than 520. Good thing they are swapping the blower out at least.

Also might want to fix that shifter lol. Unless someone at Bama is trying to shoehorn a 3650 shifter onto a T-56.

I took a screen shot for posterity this time so ppl know I'm not making **** up.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Lol ok I was making it up... I know I saw MMD Hood struts on the list. I guess it got edited after myself or someone else said something. The fact that a pulley removal/install tool is still on there too kind of proves my point tho.

Ported Eaton cars making 520rwhp are in the mid 9s with a built 4R and a SRA so Bama is going to HAVE to ditch the manual at least to keep up. That or be making a lot more power than 520. Good thing they are swapping the blower out at least.

Also might want to fix that shifter lol. Unless someone at Bama is trying to shoehorn a 3650 shifter onto a T-56.

I took a screen shot for posterity this time so ppl know I'm not making **** up.

There definitely hasn't been any hood struts on the list. They're not in the video, they're not on the page and never were? Are you sure you're not talking about Justin's 2014 GT Project Car? I know we've installed them on tons of Project Cars, but Bama doesn't really care to use them.

Why would we not want to show the pulley installation tool? It's not a common tool for most people to have and its required? I think that shows we want our customers to be prepared for the job.

And the shifter is a great catch... we appreciate it! Looks like someone on our team uploaded the wrong SKU. I'm sure that Bama didn't try to "shoehorn" a 3650 shifter into a T56. Thanks for pointing that out, though. We're going to get that fixed on our end! I spoke with Bama and the car actually has a T56 Tri-Ax in it.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
This is going to require some major tuning to claim your "insane" status.

Is bama really going to be tuning this car?

Or you going to have the shop that you featured one of there cars in your video tune it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

This is 100% Bama Performance. The shop you're talking about - from our last episode of Hot Lap - they haven't tuned anything for us at all.

Bama's new tunes and the things they're working on are going to completely change people's opinions of them. They are WELL equipped to tune a 1,000 HP 03/04 Cobra, 13-14 GT500's, their Raptor, blown 5.0L Coyotes, the new Ecoboost, etc.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Let them send a email tube for my car and I will be the judge of that. I'm willing to try it out, I'm already a member of there tunes from back when my car was stock

Old 09-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Who is yalls lead tuner now?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Who is yalls lead tuner now?

You can see Bama's lead calibrator, Paul, in the video above. He's been tuning for over a decade and was just featured on StangTV this week for doing some comparison testing to show off our newest calibrations.

DiabloSport's Trinity, BAMA Performance, And Our Newest Mustang - StangTV

Chris
Old 09-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Hmmmm. A tune revision my be in order for me. Chris when did Paul take things over? I want to know if my tunes are some of his or old ones.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I lol every time I see someone ice their intake on a SC setup. Let that thing heatsoak from a few back to back runs to simulate real world conditions and watch your times go down the toilet.

Funny thing is, this car runs the same speeds as a cam only Fbody. That is sad and that is why I never understood the big deal with these cars.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I lol every time I see someone ice their intake on a SC setup. Let that thing heatsoak from a few back to back runs to simulate real world conditions and watch your times go down the toilet.

Funny thing is, this car runs the same speeds as a cam only Fbody. That is sad and that is why I never understood the big deal with these cars.
Thank you.

Back when I had my 03 cobra and my 08 roush, roll racing was the worst first 2-3 runs were good after that game over.

Helped a little packing the tank with ice but just a bandage.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Because it was the first affordable and obtainable production Mustang since 1992 that had a shot at the GM stuff and it is very easy to tune and get a ****ton more power out of. But you know that. Yeah for a modder/performance guy the F body is the better deal especially these days with even the cherriest of 02 SS cars being pretty cheap... There is (or was) an 02 SS that looked brand new for sale on LS1Tech a few months back for $14k at 25k miles or so.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I just knew a lot of people that owned these and some were putting down some good power on the stock ported blower (around 520whp/tq and trapping high 120's). Everyone in the car scene was like OMFG a Terminator. The only terminating they did was to themselves after 4 or 5 pulls. Those cars would just fall on their face, regardless of whatever bandaids were used to try to keep temps in check.

Still nearly everyone in the Mustang community treats these cars as if they have some mystical power of being faster than everything on the planet with just a few mods. In reality, any of the new NA Muscle/Pony cars will stomp a mudhole in these cars' asses and kick it dry. Even a 15 year old Fbody with less than $2000 in mods will rape these cars on the stock blower.

Like I said, I don't understand the fascination and obsession with these cars. They are one of the most over-rated cars in the last 10 years.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I just knew a lot of people that owned these and some were putting down some good power on the stock ported blower (around 520whp/tq and trapping high 120's). Everyone in the car scene was like OMFG a Terminator. The only terminating they did was to themselves after 4 or 5 pulls. Those cars would just fall on their face, regardless of whatever bandaids were used to try to keep temps in check.

Still nearly everyone in the Mustang community treats these cars as if they have some mystical power of being faster than everything on the planet with just a few mods. In reality, any of the new NA Muscle/Pony cars will stomp a mudhole in these cars' asses and kick it dry. Even a 15 year old Fbody with less than $2000 in mods will rape these cars on the stock blower.

Like I said, I don't understand the fascination and obsession with these cars. They are one of the most over-rated cars in the last 10 years.

They need a different blower to get rid of the heat soak. There is a reason it's called the Heaton. Although heat soak does happen with all roots and twin screw blowers.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
They need a different blower to get rid of the heat soak. There is a reason it's called the Heaton. Although heat soak does happen with all roots and twin screw blowers.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
My old one still gets heat soaked. My uncle put a 2.3 whipple on it, still is bad. The meth helps, but it's just one of those things. Even with the afco heat exchanger, Texas heat does not help

Old 09-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I will have a Terminator one of these days. For me, it's just nostalgia. Plus the signature SC whine. Granted, you could get that from any twin screw, but I fell in love with the car as a kid.

Performance wise, there's better of course.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would drive it without a hesitation and keep the manual, rowing gears is a dying art.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

There's an auto swapped one on SVTP right now with 30k miles Sonic Yellow for $19k I think. Pull that eaton off and drop a turbo kit on it. That's the best use for it IMO. Dude says in his ad that the only really bad thing is the ******bags telling him its not a "real" Cobra because its an auto.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #27
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
There's an auto swapped one on SVTP right now with 30k miles Sonic Yellow for $19k I think. Pull that eaton off and drop a turbo kit on it. That's the best use for it IMO. Dude says in his ad that the only really bad thing is the ******bags telling him its not a "real" Cobra because its an auto.
Sorry I'm not car smart like you guys but curious as to where they get an auto trans from to swap in or is it something custom built from ground up...... Again sorry if this seems like a dumb question
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:55 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Sorry I'm not car smart like you guys but curious as to where they get an auto trans from to swap in or is it something custom built from ground up...... Again sorry if this seems like a dumb question
Well the easiest would be a built 4r70w trans since that came in the 99-04s as the auto. Lots of options available.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #29
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well the easiest would be a built 4r70w trans since that came in the 99-04s as the auto. Lots of options available.
Oh ok so for an auto and sra termi you just need to get a new edge gt and get the parts and your done or is a tune required
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:53 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Oh ok so for an auto and sra termi you just need to get a new edge gt and get the parts and your done or is a tune required

Yup pretty much. I can even use the 8.8 from my mustang on my lt1 camaro
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its not quite that simple for a Terminator. The Termi has a specific harness unique to it only so you either have to do a COMPLETE harness swap with a GT or a Mach and then run a GT or Mach automatic computer or do what most ppl do and use a Baumann standalone controller. Another problem with the 99-04 computers is that ONLY the SYM2 automatic Mach computers have processors fast enough to keep up with a 9 second car. As in any OEM non-Mach computer is going to bounce off the limiter before it can get a shift off if the car is 9 second fast. The Baumann doesn't have this issue btw.

Basically the parts list for an auto swap in a Termi is:

-4R trans (preferably a built one or at least a 4R75w out of an 04 car)
-Converter
-Auto splined yoke
-Trans cooler
-Lines/shifter cable/kickdown cable/shifter
-Trans controller

There are probably a few other things I'm forgetting, AM would be wise to start this process now. A car making "insane" power levels (read 700+ at the wheels) can drop damn near a full second off the 1/4 time going from stick to auto. Lots of 10 second manual cars out there that would be in the 9s with a good auto setup. Which is how the ported Eaton guys making low 500s get there. That and a lot of weight reduction and a cooler full of ice in the trunk...

Old 09-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I will have a Terminator one of these days. For me, it's just nostalgia. Plus the signature SC whine. Granted, you could get that from any twin screw, but I fell in love with the car as a kid.

Performance wise, there's better of course.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

There's always better everything.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #33
Road Trip!

I'm trippin' out man... What's going on?

My thread title says 2004, The link says 2003, I clicked on the link and confirmed it is now 2003 and the video titles have all changed to 2003.. So I thought I messed up a while back, But then I see scottydsntknow's screenshot and confirmed it did say 2004... Did they have the year of the car they were modding wrong all this time?!?! LOL.

Actually, The active link still says 2004, Only the header was changed (I Guess it was too late to change it, So they didn't want to kill links that were previously posted)

Old 09-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I noticed that to glad I wasn't the only one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion