Just tested my MPT tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Mpt is its own company. Has absolutely nothing to do with bama. All bama is is a brand of canned tunes they package with sct programmers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Just tested my MPT tune

Kinda pissed, this morning I was greeted with the check engine light. Used my SCT to read the trouble code. Any suggestions? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1411049855.327279.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	166376

Edit: I set it back to stock and the CEL went away. Guess I'll have to contact MPT and get a new tune. In the meantime it's back to BAMA's 93r.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Did you do the 50-75 Mile relearn process without going WOT like you were supposed too?
It happens. Bama. MPT, Steeda, etc. Tunes will throw codes. They fix them and everyone is happy. It's part of tuning your car. No point in getting pissed. It's what happens when you tune your car

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Did you do the 50-75 Mile relearn process without going WOT like you were supposed too?
It happens. Bama. MPT, Steeda, etc. Tunes will throw codes. They fix them and everyone is happy. It's part of tuning your car. No point in getting pissed. It's what happens when you tune your car

Yup, I had about 150 miles on it and still hadn't gone WOT. 'Pissed' was poor word choice on my behalf, I was more scared something had seriously gone wrong. Although it appears everything it still ok, with no damage done. Contacted MPT this morning so hopefully they can send out another tune relatively soon.

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
You get used to it in like a day . I don't even notice it anymore.

If it feels fine then don't worry about it, but I did the same and 're loaded it and 're learned it for 50 miles .
Definitely a very powerful tune. I have the race shifts and love it did you get the same

Are you running this on a V8?

Thinking of trying one out for $70, I have a V8 manual

Someone needs to commission a study and actually truly test tunes... everything seems to be opinion. Wish there was a true test of BAMA, STEEDA, Lund and MPT. Same car, same day same octane
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Yea MPT def is making a name for themselves! Not too many 5.0 that I know are running them a lot of 3.7 guys swear by them! Cool to see a 5.0 running MPT & liking it! I might give them a shot for $75 can't really go wrong!
I bet MPT tune for 5.0 will give Lund tune a run and perhaps come out faster. MPT is legit for us 3.7 guys

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
Yea, the wait is killing me! The car feels so good, it's crazy how much power MPT was able to squeeze out of it. Only have about 30 miles on it, but so far it feels a lot better than my BAMA 93R. The amount of engine braking will take some time to get used to though.

I love love love the engine breaking. Its like my favorite part of my MPT tune for my auto. Lmao. But yes. It is a little different at first.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Once I can get my headers on I will be doing stock, bama, and MPT dyno pulls same day same mods.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Once I can get my headers on I will be doing stock, bama, and MPT dyno pulls same day same mods.

THAT I am looking forward to
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I hope this doesn't derail this thread, but I would rather not make a new one and clutter up the board. So MPT told me that the CEL was just saying that the cats are getting too hot, but this won't impair the vehicle's performance in anyway. However, this will cause the vehicle to fail emissions if not fixed. They told replacing the o2 sensor should fix it. Can anyone with experience give me some advice? I don't want to pay for a new sensor just so it can overheat again. And note that the CEL goes away when stock or with the BAMA tune.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
I hope this doesn't derail this thread, but I would rather not make a new one and clutter up the board. So MPT told me that the CEL was just saying that the cats are getting too hot, but this won't impair the vehicle's performance in anyway. However, this will cause the vehicle to fail emissions if not fixed. They told replacing the o2 sensor should fix it. Can anyone with experience give me some advice? I don't want to pay for a new sensor just so it can overheat again. And note that the CEL goes away when stock or with the BAMA tune.

Just remove the cats sounds cooler anyway
Old 09-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Just switch it back to stock when you go for emissions. Problem solved.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion