Ford OEM remote start - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ford OEM remote start

Does anyone know if the Ford OEM remote start for a 2014 Mustang is plug-n-play? I've researched other forums and the F150's have a plug-n-play for them but I haven't come across any info if it's plug-n-play for our cars. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
This won't help you at all, Sorry, But just wanted to voice my opinion...

You should get the Viper Remote Start with Smart Start and pay for the subscription... It's not too pricey... I paid $850 installed + $200/3 years of the smart start service.

You can track your car through GPS, It sends you texts for anything that happens (Alarm goes off, Someone opened the door, Trunk, Hood, Etc.) so it's not like an alarm that just goes off to scare people or so when you come back all you know is something happened, You'll know right away so you can go check on it .

The remote is 2-way so it gives you feedback as well, Like I said, A little pricier, But it's worth it.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I got it from Tasca Ford for $240 plus tax and did the install myself. It's the bi-directional one with a 1000 ft. range.

It works GREAT!
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

How hard was install?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

After locating the wires that needed splicing, it took me around 3-4 hours total.
I took apart the drivers side kick panel, knee panel, and steering column shroud beforehand to get familiar with the location of all the splice locations.
The installation instructions do not come with it so I had to get those from the Ford dealer (I happened to know some one who works for Ford). I had to research the internet for the programming instructions to allow the car to stay running when the door is opened.
Overall, it wasn't that bad. I installed an aftermarket r/s in my 2007 F150 four years ago and had to have one in "Ruby".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion