Who is really tuning your car at HyperMotive Performance? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Who is really tuning your car at HyperMotive Performance?

Was talking with some other Mustang guys today and they told me about this huge scandal going on with the tunes from HyperMotive Performance. So i went over and found a thread at SVT Performance forums that expressed everything that was going on.

the truth about your hypermotive tunes...

Summary:

Mike Wilson (who used to work for BAMA at AM, no longer does) went to tune for HyperMotive even though he was on a no-competition agreement with AM, so he isn't allowed to tune for other companies right now..... Aside from that he is also using tuning files from Shaun at AED and claiming it as his own work.

Its all fairly new so some of you may have seen this, and some may not have. I personally think what is happening is completely wrong that he is undercutting AED tunes as his own, and charging less for them. There is also speculation of Hypermotive attempting to cover the entire thing up since it has begun to surface.

What are your thoughts?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Oh, s--t.
Mike Wilson - POS
Shaun is an amazing guy. Wish he could tune my 3.7
What a stand up guy. Even nice to him on the phone after calling him out. Hypermotive and Mike Wilson I hope never make a single cent off Shaun's hard work, and AM and AED will both be going for them in court I bet.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Interesting.
Maybe Jason will chime in and clarify some things. Even though I have not seen him around on here in awhile???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Even though I have not seen him around on here in awhile??

Same thing that's been puzzling my mind.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 09-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you read the whole thread one of his employees posted on SVTP Jason's response that Jason had posted on a different forum.
My conclusion - Mike Wilson is a dirt bag and stole from Shaun, who thought he was just helping out a friend with some in-house stuff.
Jason didn't know the entire story, only found out anything when the 'net blew up about it, and Shaun and Jason couldn't get in touch to figure everything out.
Hyper is no longer offering tuning, Mike Wilson was let go 4 hours after Jason spoke with Shaun.
The only fishy thing is the price change after Mike and Shaun's phone call. It went from $99 to $250 right after. How would Jason not know something was up? Maybe Mike told him nothing and said "hey we can make a lot more money". Then the price was dropped to $200 because Jason wanted to get more business at that price than if hyper and AED had the same prices. Mike couldn't say anything because that would tip Jason off that something fishy was going on.
I also find it really shady that Hyper kept who their tuner was a secret. Although I suspect it was because everyone thinks Mike is a crap tuner after those Bama tunes before he left Bama.
Mike Wilson is a dirt bag who can't tune and deserves everything he's getting right now. Sucks that Jason took the chance on him, should have known better though. "Too good to be true" seems to apply nicely here and he should have known something was up.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I feel like these car companies have a lot of drama.... but whenever I watched a video with mike in it on am I always found his attitude and demeanor smugish and off putting

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I saw this thread on SVTP & I also ready the entire thread on ModdedMustangs where Jason replies! Supposedly Mike's no-Comp with AM was only for a year.
I wanna give Jason the benefit of the doubt because I've dealt with Hypermotive & asked him for lots of advise & he always seemed like a cool stand up dude!
But I also feel for Shaun at AED if I was in his position I would be beyond pissed!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I just read the whole thread at svtp as well. Well, it was quite the drama I'd say! Jason gave his statement, has stood up and has agreed to the mistakes he has made. We all make mistakes; that's how we learn. HPM are no longer offering tuning services so to speak.

Let's not blow it out of proportion here

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The main thing is how big of a scumbag Mike was lying to Shaun saying the files were for help with dyno tuning purposes instead he was using them for email tunes.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 09-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If you read the whole thread one of his employees posted on SVTP Jason's response that Jason had posted on a different forum.
My conclusion - Mike Wilson is a dirt bag and stole from Shaun, who thought he was just helping out a friend with some in-house stuff.
Jason didn't know the entire story, only found out anything when the 'net blew up about it, and Shaun and Jason couldn't get in touch to figure everything out.
Hyper is no longer offering tuning, Mike Wilson was let go 4 hours after Jason spoke with Shaun.
The only fishy thing is the price change after Mike and Shaun's phone call. It went from $99 to $250 right after. How would Jason not know something was up? Maybe Mike told him nothing and said "hey we can make a lot more money". Then the price was dropped to $200 because Jason wanted to get more business at that price than if hyper and AED had the same prices. Mike couldn't say anything because that would tip Jason off that something fishy was going on.
I also find it really shady that Hyper kept who their tuner was a secret. Although I suspect it was because everyone thinks Mike is a crap tuner after those Bama tunes before he left Bama.
Mike Wilson is a dirt bag who can't tune and deserves everything he's getting right now. Sucks that Jason took the chance on him, should have known better though. "Too good to be true" seems to apply nicely here and he should have known something was up.

What channel and what night is this show on? Ha!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
What channel and what night is this show on? Ha!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Yes! This would be a perfect car drama.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
sounds like a good tune at a discounted price lol the drama is non of our business
Old 09-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The problem was Mike had no idea how to fix them or anything once Shaun caught onto him.
Hypermotive is no longer offering tuning

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
And I will not do business with them. Shame, I was going to buy the unpainted GT500 spoiler from them.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

My eyes hurt after looking at svtperformance forum.. that color scheme sucks lol
Old 09-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

That's actually the reason why I signed up for this forum and not svtp lol. Can't take reading on there

Old 09-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
The problem was Mike had no idea how to fix them or anything once Shaun caught onto him.
Hypermotive is no longer offering tuning

Not just that but the fact that Mike also didn't know any complex TiVCT tuning stuff. Long tubes headers, cat deletes etc. As posted by Shaun. Hence why people with full bolt ons were having driveability issues with Mikes tunes, since he only had a basic tune from Shaun.

I wonder what transpired Bama to make him their lead tech to begin with..

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 09-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Closed.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion