Selling Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Selling Questions

Where is a good place to go to to get a real world value estimate for my area if you want to sell your mustang by owner out of your home (private party)? I know there are lots of sites and sources but which is really the most accurate of course I'd like to get top dollar for what its worth for the condition it is in and being single owner since negotiations will result in it selling for less than my asking rate. I just don't want to initially post it on CL for too high or low, etc. I don't mind how long it takes to sell no rush would rather wait if I can get some extra. Reason why I'm asking is because I went to KBB and got a totally different estimate than I did on Edmunds. The estimate on the latter was like 25% less with the exact same options which is a huge difference. Its like the Outstanding Condition Rating on Edmunds was Equal to the Poor Condition on KBB. Don't want to sell it and turn around and realize I gave it away for practically nothing.
cjd_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Honestly there is no best place to go for retail prices. Fact is sellers want to use the highest and buyers want to use the lowest. I've found nada to be the closest to real world values although I generally get the kbb, Edmonds, nada prices as well as do research for what people are listing similar cars for on autotrader and Craigslist and come to my own price. Better to start high and lower if you can't sell then to give it away. Fact is anything is worth what someone is willing to pay, no more no less.

One fair warning is it's hard to use craigslist prices as a price point since I've found that since it's free to list a car people will list for more then it's worth and then have the mindset if it sells great if not I'll keep it. Where as I've found sellers on autotrader to be more serious since they have to pay to list it. Again not always the case but just a general observation from my experience buying and selling over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Look at multiple mustang forums and see what cars similar to yours are selling for, also check out CL and see what they are going for there.

KBB and Edmunds are not really going to give you a legit value for a used Mustang.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
The easy way to do it is to sell it at the price that KKB says and buy at the price of edmunds.

You can also check NADA.com

AgentGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
You can also check completed sales on eBay.

surfinglbi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Carmax?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Thanks for all of the replies guys. I guess I'd just go off of KBB.
cjd_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion