How my mustang almost got me fired... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
How my mustang almost got me fired...

Today as I was leaving my job, I had already clocked out and warmed up my car, I was parked in the street mind you, No longer company property and I revved my engine once, Then I put my car on drive and hit the gas, Apparently my car is too loud for their liking....

Mind you, I have a 3.7L V6 with stock mufflers (No catback or axleback)... The CAI, TB, Shorty headers and X-Pipe really made a huge difference, So it's pretty loud.

When I got home, I got a call from my boss saying the owners son wanted me fired, So I went back and talked to him, After like an hour, He told me to keep coming to work and just not rev my engine around here anymore... What?

He said it's "Work environment"...... On the street? I've heard he was an a-hole firing people for as little as "I don't like how you tighten that screw" in the maintenance department, But revving an engine while off the clock and no longer on company property... lol, Whatever.

Glad I got to keep my job though... I work for a major company, If you're still rolling on stock rims, You're using rims we made here in this company.

I've taken off WOT in front of cops and never got told anything, So this surprised me... But whatever, I guess I will have to take off at 5MPH while I get away from company view.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That's complete bullsh*t. Ridiculous.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
That is bull****, but not worth pushing the issue and lose your job over it
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utm18 View Post
That is bull****, but not worth pushing the issue and lose your job over it
Yeah, I know. That's why I decided to drive like a grandma while I'm anywhere near my job.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
A little extreme, yeah. But I'd also say don't go around revving your engine for no reason. It's a bit disrespectful to people around you. If you're at a show or somewhere people expect to hear it or out in the middle of nowhere, go for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
When I was a teenager, my boss of a transport company that I was a mechanic at had warned me to stop peeling out when I leave the yard. I asked him why and said, "I'm not hurting anyone nor am I on the property." He said, because I'll fire your *** that's why!

I linked up the parking lot for about a minute I could hear him yelling, YOU'RE OUTA HERE!
Lol, he actually called the police and sent them to my house.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #7

Region: Illinois
I might be in the same situation, but a little more of my fault then my Stang's. I was turning right when I saw another pony coming towards me and I step on the gas just to catch up. I went straight to the gas from the brake and I'm pretty sure (I hope to god not) but I left a little rubber. And mind you I was not purposely doing a burn out to impress, I just wanted to get ahead of the oncoming traffic and just roll with the guy. Haha, prayers are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Danimals07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Depending on the state, that may not be legal. If your state is a single party consent state, invest in an audio recorder.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Depending on the state, that may not be legal. If your state is a single party consent state, invest in an audio recorder.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
I live in California, I would need to tell them I'm recording them, Else I'm federally screwed =P.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ah. What's the job? Are there signs posted saying there is audio or visual recording?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Unless your job is great or you don't have many options I would consider looking for a new one. If you are in danger of getting canned for what you say you did it's time to move on. I can understand them telling you not to do it again but to want to dismiss you for that as the 1st offense is a warning sign.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Today as I was leaving my job, I had already clocked out and warmed up my car, I was parked in the street mind you, No longer company property and I revved my engine once, Then I put my car on drive and hit the gas, Apparently my car is too loud for their liking....

Mind you, I have a 3.7L V6 with stock mufflers (No catback or axleback)... The CAI, TB, Shorty headers and X-Pipe really made a huge difference, So it's pretty loud.

When I got home, I got a call from my boss saying the owners son wanted me fired, So I went back and talked to him, After like an hour, He told me to keep coming to work and just not rev my engine around here anymore... What?

He said it's "Work environment"...... On the street? I've heard he was an a-hole firing people for as little as "I don't like how you tighten that screw" in the maintenance department, But revving an engine while off the clock and no longer on company property... lol, Whatever.

Glad I got to keep my job though... I work for a major company, If you're still rolling on stock rims, You're using rims we made here in this company.

I've taken off WOT in front of cops and never got told anything, So this surprised me... But whatever, I guess I will have to take off at 5MPH while I get away from company view.

Well if he reads this you can say goodbye....
thomasj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sue Them if you get fired.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj61 View Post
Well if he reads this you can say goodbye....
He probably knows he's a ****** anyways.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion