Ricer Car Meets - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So true. Exactly bro.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!

What did TMS do to you??
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
What did TMS do to you??
They are complete tool bags and the moderators allow members to verbally attack people for expressing their opinions and say nothing if your in the mods click.

Many of the members of that site are just rude d heads.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Where do I find car meets? My mustang really aint ****, but id love to meet others even if their imports just to check it out before winter hits

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
drive around your city, you will find them. Or listen very very carefully lol braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
around here they seem to group at coffee shops, Walmart, in a parking lot downtown across from all the clubs/bars and there's a couple streets downtown that you can always find modified imports doing what we call looser laps. They will circle those streets all night and run each other light to light.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Ricer Car Meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
drive around your city, you will find them. Or listen very very carefully lol braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
around here they seem to group at coffee shops, Walmart, in a parking lot downtown across from all the clubs/bars and there's a couple streets downtown that you can always find modified imports doing what we call looser laps. They will circle those streets all night and run each other light to light.

Once I saw a "ricer" at the drag strip. Looked ugly with mis colored parts and dented body, had an annoyingly loud exhaust also.... Ran consistently multiple seconds faster than me.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Once I saw a "ricer" at the drag strip. Looked ugly with mis colored parts and dented body, had an annoyingly loud exhaust also.... Ran consistently multiple seconds faster than me.

I saw ricers at the strip. Janky cars with stick on bits, money wasted on rims that should have been spent on bondo or functioning parts. These people who wore cutoff shirts, and either wore aviators or a hat improperly, had way too much enthusiasm for the performance of their vehicles.

I also saw some tuners, which were well put together and classy. They were fast as fudge (only, I didn't say fudge...).

I also saw some plain jane foreign cars. Specifically, a late 90s early 2000s civic. Silver. No obnoxious wing or fart can. No stupid stickers, or other pointless things. He did have slicks. And apparently a turbo, as he ran a 10 or 11.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

meh, still a ****ty car lol a 1999 Honda civic can be built to be one fast sob but when you get in it its still a Honda civic.
to each there own but to me looks plays a big part in what car I want to own. I also prefer awd or rwd.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #43
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
meh, still a ****ty car lol a 1999 Honda civic can be built to be one fast sob but when you get in it its still a Honda civic.
to each there own but to me looks plays a big part in what car I want to own. I also prefer awd or rwd.

So your the type of guy that will lose to a car in a race and still bash it? Lol that's funny.

HID end all thread
Old 09-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So your the type of guy that will lose to a car in a race and still bash it? Lol that's funny.

no . Also being fast doesn't mean you have a good car.
There are ALOT of vehicles that would beat me in a race, doesn't mean it would change my mind on if its a pos or not. If your into Hyundai Elantra's and Nissan Sentra's good for you. To me I cant comprehend why someone would want to mod it into a "race car"
They make great commuter cars though.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #45
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
There are ALOT of vehicles that would beat me in a race, doesn't mean I would think a mini van is a sick ride afterwards. Id still think the hell you modding a mini van for

A lot of people would wonder why you bother modding a Mustang. Then Koenigsegg and Bugatti guys will wonder why people mod Ferraris and Lambos.

HID end all thread
Old 09-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Most of the down to earth people I've met drive imports. It's the muscle car guys that are usually the ones that think they are fast as ****.

HID end all thread
Old 09-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
There are ALOT of vehicles that would beat me in a race, doesn't mean it would change my mind on if its a pos or not. If your into Hyundai Elantra's and Nissan Sentra's good for you. To me I cant comprehend why someone would want to mod it into a "race car"

Let's boil this down here. Are you just saying anything Asian is a POS?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A lot of people would wonder why you bother modding a Mustang. Then Koenigsegg and Bugatti guys will wonder why people mod Ferraris and Lambos.

Your rite about that. The thing is a mustang is meant to be a sports or muscle car. A fwd Mitsubishi lancer is meant to be a dailey driver commuter car. If someone had an EVO witch is only a 20k car I would have respect for it even if I had a Ferarri since the manufacturer designed it for "performance"
Old 09-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Let's boil this down here. Are you just saying anything Asian is a POS?

no not at all. I love certain cars in every group. And I like cars that are just simply luxury or commuter cars. I like them for what they are. I just don't see them as a good platform what so ever for building a corner carving straight line beast. YES there are some very well done cars out there that would be a trip to drive but the other 99% are an exhaust cai and are now ripping around town driving like morons.
Same goes for Trucks. Use a truck for a truck. I know lots of guys who have slammed trucks with the box cut up for air ride stuff. To me all that is, is pulling around 8 feet of unusable vehicle. Buy a car.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I hate car meets that just have mustangs in them. It's totally boring especially when 10 people have a 14 5.0 with cai, midpipe, catback, and maybe a tune and think their **** is faster than a cobra making 700rwhp or even a 2v and then they go to a track and run times slower than my all motor pass. I like a wide variety of different cars. I've cruised with corvettes, trailblazer ss, cts-v, Mustangs, challengers, Chargers, integras, Honda civics, hatchbacks, preludes as long as it was bad *** from people expressing who they are through a car and take care of it sone what I will cruise with them and race with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #51
jer
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
I hate car meets that just have mustangs in them. It's totally boring especially when 10 people have a 14 5.0 with cai, midpipe, catback, and maybe a tune and think their **** is faster than a cobra making 700rwhp or even a 2v and then they go to a track and run times slower than my all motor pass. I like a wide variety of different cars. I've cruised with corvettes, trailblazer ss, cts-v, Mustangs, challengers, Chargers, integras, Honda civics, hatchbacks, preludes as long as it was bad *** from people expressing who they are through a car and take care of it sone what I will cruise with them and race with them.
You got vids of your 2v beating said 5.0s?
jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

No but I've only seen 3 5.0s actually run faster than my times most 5.0's run around 11.2-10.9 and I'm around 10.50-10.7 3 othe 5.0's are running low tens and 9.9

Old 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I've never ran a 5.0 but my normal passes are generally faster than most 5.0's but mostly because they have deep pockets and don't know how to drive. A Mach one was running 12's all day bone stock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion