Ricer Car Meets - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Ricer Car Meets

Theres always those ricer car meets with a honda civic ****ty audi and a Subaru, what do you do driving past them at maverick or the Wal-Mart parking lot? I cant help but glide in nuetral letting them hear a real sound of muscle giving it a few revs

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
97cobraJomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I ignore them. It's like feeding trolls. You don't do it.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That will actually make you look like a bigger idiot than them. I used to go to a lot of meets like that and honestly it's always the muscle cars that act like complete ****** bags.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It's kind of a must when the Audi comes reveng on you

Old 09-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobraJomg View Post
It's kind of a must when the Audi comes reveng on you

No, it's not a must. Responding just drops you down to their level. Gotta be the adult in the situation.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #6
Road Trip!

I agree, Revving it makes you worse than them.

Plus, Just because a couple of guys who have the same love for Hondas than us and our Mustangs, get together at a meet, Does NOT mean it's a ricer meet.

The first time I went to a meet, They had a bunch of civics, Some audis and infinitis and the lot was full, I was the only one there with a Mustang. Then Shelby GT500 pulls up, He came to talk to me about a mustang club (I had posted it on FB in a mustang page, But only he showed up) and we were talking, When a challenger and a camaro roll up, The challenger had a stupid loud exhaust and he drove around revving it like crazy, Then they parked in the back and I was just thinking how lame that was. No one else was revving engines, Then this guy in a challey rolls up and begins doing it?

You're that guy in the challenger, But with a mustang... No matter what car it is, You're a tool for doing it.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The first ever meet I went to was pretty much imports, I went with 2 other muscle car guys and we "crashed" the meet..... A month later there were Vipers, Corvettes, GTRs, NSXs, classics. Just about everything.

HID end all thread
Old 09-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Dodge Neon's, Srt4's, eagle Talons/ Mitsubishi eclipse, Honda Civics,
VW hatchbacks and four doors, Mitsubishi Lancers, Acura Integra's, Pontiac Sunfire, Nissan altimas, maximas, 240sx, G35, 350Z, Dodge Caliber SRTwhatever are the only car's you will find having car meets at Walmart or Car Wash's around here. Seems like anyone with an actual nice car only drives it on sunny afternoons or at the track.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Ricer Car Meets

^Almost every car you mentioned is nice.(Its pure coincidence I keep pointing you out on here TurboCobra. Nothing personal.)

Just ignore them. They may sound like **** but some of those cars are fast. You dont want to be a hardass and have them follow you around.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I think imports and muscle cars all have their fair share of "riced" out cars. I will give the import crowd props though. When they have a meet or are going to meets, they show up in full force. Our local mustang club members were supposed to get together this weekend and cruise to a larger all car meet. Forty people said they were in but only eight actually showed up. It was pretty disappointing.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Who gives a rat's nut sack what cars get together at what meet? It's people getting together and enjoying what they dig among people that share their interests.........let them be them and you do you and allow everyone to enjoy their zen with a smile.
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
^Almost every car you mentioned is nice.(Its pure coincidence I keep pointing you out on here TurboCobra. Nothing personal.)

Just ignore them. They may sound like **** but some of those cars are fast. You dont want to be a hardass and have them follow you around.
LOL really? I only like the eagle Talon AWD Turbo cars and as for the rest of the fwd stuff..
Old 09-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Ricer Car Meets

I don't subscribe to the "'Merican muscle V8 omg rev rev rev burnout import-killer bro" mentality some of this site's patrons do. There's a difference between a tuner and a ricer. Driving an import isn't the only requisite of being a ricer.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I don't subscribe to the "'Merican muscle V8 omg rev rev rev burnout import-killer bro" mentality some of this site's patrons do. There's a difference between a tuner and a ricer. Driving an import isn't the only requisite of being a ricer.

Hell I used to be like that. Now there are more import cars I like than domestic

HID end all thread
Old 09-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Dodge Neon's, Srt4's, eagle Talons/ Mitsubishi eclipse, Honda Civics,
VW hatchbacks and four doors, Mitsubishi Lancers, Acura Integra's, Pontiac Sunfire, Nissan altimas, maximas, 240sx, G35, 350Z, Dodge Caliber SRTwhatever are the only car's you will find having car meets at Walmart or Car Wash's around here. Seems like anyone with an actual nice car only drives it on sunny afternoons or at the track.

Quote:

Seriously? You think Pontiac sunfires are nice? I can't comprehend how to even make a Nice sunfire. Most of those cars are not nice...lol, like the SRT caliber. I get that they can be nice, but every one I see has Walmart LED running lights, giant obnoxious rims, fake scoops added, and pitch black windows.

Makes sense. I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it, too.

An event with cars isn't a rice cook off. Five people at a gas station with mismatched parts, rust mixed with their rims, giant spoilers and more Walmart brand than OEM is rice to me. I am only obnoxious when other people are- people chilling doesn't bug me. Revving or starring at me- that bugs me.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Hey at the car meets I went to I usually hung out with a 69 firebird, 72 Camaro, S2000, and Mazda Speed3. I only hate on cars that are mismatched colors, wings, fake HIDs, and LEDs all over and retarded camber.

HID end all thread
Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are you giving advice on how to deal with trolls??? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412030805.722905.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	167071
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post
Who gives a rat's nut sack what cars get together at what meet? It's people getting together and enjoying what they dig among people that share their interests.........let them be them and you do you and allow everyone to enjoy their zen with a smile.
You know man. You are so correct and beautifully spoken. Who gives a rats nut sack. If a group of import enthusiasts love their cars with huge wings and all the typical ricer paraphernalia on them, then rock out. Just as us mustang enthusiasts love our mustangs let the other groups love their different cars.

Certainly a car like the Eagle Talon turbo, Subaru WRX or Mitts Evo is not my choice of model but to each their own.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Truth. Seems like imports are the ones that are usually riced out though.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Hell I used to be like that. Now there are more import cars I like than domestic

True. Porsche 918 Spyder, Aston Martin Vanquish, actually a lot of Astons, some jags, and a few other imports.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
True. Porsche 918 Spyder, Aston Martin Vanquish, actually a lot of Astons, some jags, and a few other imports.
I was talking more toward cars that are dubbed "imports" those ones you mentioned are more super cars or high level cars, not "imports". Cars like the EVO, STI, FRS, BRZ, G37 ect.......

HID end all thread
Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Only domestics I like are the Mustang, the Camaro, the Corvette, the F150, the Challenger, and the Taurus SHO, maybe some others.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The STI, G37, and BRZ are nice.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I want an Evo but for the price range there at I would pick something else.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Dodge Neon's, Srt4's, eagle Talons/ Mitsubishi eclipse, Honda Civics, VW hatchbacks and four doors, Mitsubishi Lancers, Acura Integra's, Pontiac Sunfire, Nissan altimas, maximas, 240sx, G35, 350Z, Dodge Caliber SRTwhatever are the only car's you will find having car meets at Walmart or Car Wash's around here. Seems like anyone with an actual nice car only drives it on sunny afternoons or at the track.
Lets see here of the cars you just named the majority of them are decent platforms for builds and if done nicely can be nice cars although some aren't You can rice out a mustang just as badly as any of the cars you named. And like someone already said for every 'ricer' in a Civic there is someone with a Cobra that things he is better then everyone else because he drives a Cobra. Point being you cant generalize a whole brand/ type of car just because a few idiots do stupid mods to them.

I've said this a 100 times what makes this hobby great is everyone has different tastes. How boring would it be if everyone wanted the same type of car and did the same kind of mods to it? How boring would car meets and shows be? And while I enjoy going to mustang shows I enjoy more just going to general car shows and seeing what people are doing to different types of cars. Although some of the cars below I wouldn't personally mod I can respect anyone that does so tastefully. I remember seeing a modded VW bug that made 600 HP and was AWD. Would I spend the money to build it? no, but I can respect the hell out of the guy that did especially for how clean it was.

A SRT4 is a Neon - factory turbo can be made fast cheap
Talons/ Eclipses - factory turbo option even better with AWD
Lancer/ Evo - Similar platform to the AWD Eclipse with the 4G63T engine. Can make stupid power with little money.
Civic/ Integra - Lots of aftermarket, CAN be fast very cheap with the right setup
VW - Many of these came with turbo options from the factory
240SX - So much potential IDK even where to start
G35/ 350z - great handling car and can make good power
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I was simply stating what cars are at the meets in my city, not once did I say they were pos and ricers. But I will adjust your list.
Dodge Neon- fwd and will never be a good platform
talons/eclipse- IF AWD TURBO are pretty sweet cars
Lancer- Only looks similar to an Evo but in no way is it even close.
civic- No comment
vw- don't know about them and don't care to know about them
240sx- sick drift cars but stanced out and scraping the ground meh useless
g35/350z - I like the looks of them when they are tastefully modded
Old 09-30-2014, 02:43 AM   #27
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
vw- don't know about them and don't care to know about them
Do some research on the VW Golf R and it may change your mind. Injectors, downpipe, mild turbo upgrade and a tune through APR put him at 500rwhp/500ft-lbs to all 4 wheels. Only 3,400lbs and it handles like it's on freaking rails.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #28
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That will actually make you look like a bigger idiot than them. I used to go to a lot of meets like that and honestly it's always the muscle cars that act like complete ****** bags.

^^^ This ^^^

It would be a better idea to pull in, shake a few hands, acknowledge the nice rides that are there, and drive off.

Sets a nicer tone for Mustang owners that we respect ALL makes and Models of the car hobby.

My son owns a Subaru WRX STI. That car kicks mine every time he shows up at the airport track we attend. Maybe its the fact that he's younger than me and has better track driving skills (yea, that's it), or that his car is much better set up then mine. I know I've "helped" him with the money to get it to that point.

Anyhow, its a nice ride he has, and he respects all the cars out there; proud of that, and hope it stays that way.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:16 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Not obnoxiously trying to sit and see what challenges you get but giving it a lil more gas then usual just to get a nice rumbling going is a better way to put it then reving

Old 09-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hello

Go park your car, you will meet some good people and have a good time answering questions about your car.

If you act like a dick then you are a dick.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #31
jer
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WTF???
Lol, only 2-3 cars mentioned would be actually considered "nice".

Not sure if trolling but your name says florida, last I checked most of the damn blown/turbo 5.0's ('11-'14) are from that state. Not to mention a slew of corvettes, gallardos, supras, GTRs.

Every time I see a part-out or newish car for sale (2010 or newer) in different car forums, its usually in Florida. Ask me how I know... lol would love to get a single or paxton on my 5.0.
jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer View Post
WTF???
Lol, only 2-3 cars mentioned would be actually considered "nice".

Not sure if trolling but your name says florida, last I checked most of the damn blown/turbo 5.0's ('11-'14) are from that state. Not to mention a slew of corvettes, gallardos, supras, GTRs.

Every time I see a part-out or newish car for sale (2010 or newer) in different car forums, its usually in Florida. Ask me how I know... lol would love to get a single or paxton on my 5.0.

You seem to be confusing nice with expensive. A car can be nice and well put together without costing 50+ k. For example I know a guy with a LS1 swapped 240sx. Car is clean as hell and puts down 450 hp to the wheels. Given it weighs under 2900 lbs it would keep up if not beat some of the cars you listed above.

I swear some of you guys are exactly what's wrong with the car scene now a days. Big difference in having pride in your ride and thinking your "better" then cars that don't fit your styling.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Im sorry guys. I forgot every car that isnt a mustang is complete **** and is just a joke. No car can compete with a mustang. Not sure why people buy other cars.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im sorry guys. I forgot every car that isnt a mustang is complete **** and is just a joke. No car can compete with a mustang. Not sure why people buy other cars.
So true. Exactly bro.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So true. Exactly bro.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
Exactly why I stopped using them. Heck, they would hate what I want my next car will probably be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion