Acknowledging other mustangs on the road - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Acknowledging other mustangs on the road

Just curious whenever I'm driving and try to acknowledge other stang owners, I'd say 75 percent of them aren't looking lol. The ones that tend to wave are others who have modded as well. What are others experiences?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
About the same as you. Most have it because it's a cheap-ish fast car, or just because it looks good. The enthusiasts are the ones that usually acknowledge back. I've had a few conversations with some.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm in a college town, so there is a good mix of guys who are really into their stangs and people who just have them. The one's who mod their cars are usually the ones who wave or have conversations.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Most just ignore or don't look. Others either try to race or try to bash on having a 3.7 instead of a 5.0.

Only good people that I can actually talk to are during the mustang meets.

fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I honestly haven't had one person bash me for having a 3.7.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Way back when I owned Vettes, the vette owners community used to think this was a great idea (to wave at other vettes; if you did not, you were deemed a snob). It got old fast.

Then I road a motorcycle. Duting bike weeks, you were expected to wave; you'd be waving every 15 seconds! Got tired of that too.

Wave away, but don't be suprised if a wave does not come back. Most are preocupied with talking on a phone or texting; we'd rather have them have the other hand on the steering wheel!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknjulian View Post
Most just ignore or don't look. Others either try to race or try to bash on having a 3.7 instead of a 5.0.

Only good people that I can actually talk to are during the mustang meets.

Trust me, they don't only go after the 3.7, I've had several try my 5.0, they usually quit after I rev, and beat them off the line at the light.

If I even actually do that, most of the time I ignore them. If I do go off the line, I let up once I'm at the speed limit.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I usually acknowledge other mustangs, it's about a 25% chance they wave back. I would say 4-5 people have waved first.

When I first had my wrx it was a lot of waving. A lot more than mustang owners. Wrx owners are typically dickbag hipsters or brodudes now and the community has lost its appeal, most just want the car for swag appeal.

I think the lack of acknowledging in mustangs has more to do with mass people driving an inexpensive sporty car than actually caring about the heritage or community.

I actually have had more back and forth with Prius owners and bikers at the gas pump. The discussion with Prius folks when I tell them I'm averaging 34mpg hwy is great. Harley riders are usually quick to comment or give a thumbs up.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Nah I don't rev it (well sometimes I do), most of the time I just look over and wave. No need to race too much traffic here in la. I rev it pretty good against camaros and challengers, but even then I hold back cuz I can't tell which one is a v6 or 8 cyl.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Trust me, they don't only go after the 3.7, I've had several try my 5.0, they usually quit after I rev, and beat them off the line at the light.

If I even actually do that, most of the time I ignore them. If I do go off the line, I let up once I'm at the speed limit.

Believe it or not, in my area, it's been the 5.0s trying to race 3.7s. And of course I'm not going for it lol. Either 5.0s or modded 3.7s

Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
any nice car gets respect from me.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have to say up where i live its about 70% girls with v6 convertibles that drive it because its a cheap car. I mean i drive a v6 too but there a just a couple of us that actually care that we drive mustangs. You have to keep in mind that to some people its just a car and they don't understand the community aspect. I wouldn't wave unless i saw that it was modded cause then i know the driver takes pride in his car because there are a ton of mustang drivers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I don't acknowledge other Mustangs, unless it's someone I know.

When I'm on my bike however, I always do, regardless of what they are riding.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I give a wave! When I drive top down, I get waves from other verts no matter the brand as well as the motorcycle crowd. I appreciate all cars and bikes as well.
vert03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Yeah, I always tend to look... over and over... well stare. LOL, Usually they don't even recognize that we've somehow become related to each other.

=P JK, Anyways, Half the time they don't look, So don't worry... You're not alone on that.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I've had my 3.7 for about 5 months and only got one wave back I'm always looking to wave btw it was and older guy

Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

In Michigan where mustangs are less common I'd get a wave back or a nod more than 80% of the time. In Texas where everyone and their mother has a Mustang I haven't gotten a wave/nod even once in almost a month of living here. Doesn't even matter if the car is modded or not.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
In Michigan where mustangs are less common I'd get a wave back or a nod more than 80% of the time. In Texas where everyone and their mother has a Mustang I haven't gotten a wave/nod even once in almost a month of living here. Doesn't even matter if the car is modded or not.

My mom doesn't have a Mustang... my mom doesn't even know how to drive! haha

But yeah it's kind of common not getting a wave/nod back here in Texas. Don't lose hope there are people who do, not many but there's some out there!

I wave or throw a peace sign once in a while, revving here where I live just causes for the other person thinking you want to race. From the 10 months I've owned my Mustang I've only gotten 2 waves back and 1 wave that I didn't return because I saw the person late; this also not including the one I got today from a Subaru. So in total 4 waves in 10 months lol
Old 10-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
My mom doesn't have a Mustang... my mom doesn't even know how to drive! haha

But yeah it's kind of common not getting a wave/nod back here in Texas. Don't lose hope there are people who do, not many but there's some out there!

I wave or throw a peace sign once in a while, revving here where I live just causes for the other person thinking you want to race. From the 10 months I've owned my Mustang I've only gotten 2 waves back and 1 wave that I didn't return because I saw the person late; this also not including the one I got today from a Subaru. So in total 4 waves in 10 months lol
Haha yeah I will not give up! I'll keep waving, especially at the good looking modded ones, until I get some acknowledgement! Even if that means hundreds of people will think I'm weird and the girls will think I'm hitting on them, whatever, I'll never see them again so who cares.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Haha yeah I will not give up! I'll keep waving, especially at the good looking modded ones, until I get some acknowledgement! Even if that means hundreds of people will think I'm weird and the girls will think I'm hitting on them, whatever, I'll never see them again so who cares.

I got a thumbs up the other day so there's some people.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Old 10-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Just two minutes ago on my way back from lunch I got my first wave back in Texas from this gorgeous classic that looked like an exact duplicate of Steve McQueen's from Bullitt. But guess what, it had a California plate!

Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Well that's a good start. Lol
Old 10-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Yeah my mustang is not modded so I don't really deal with waves very often. Actually never have the entire time ive had it. However, I really like using my boat for the waves. Works every time. but What kinds of mods did you do to your mustang to make it handle waves? Did you just seal off the bottom and make it water tight?
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Update: I tried it to get a baseline of how it handled waves in stock form, so I have a starting point and now Ill be able to measure improvements

Old 10-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I waved at an 05-09 red GT, classily modified today, and got a index maybe middle finger lift/wave.

I am not one to support impersonating a vehicle, but usually grille fogs/GT badge is a good indicator that some one appreciates their car. MUCH better responses from specialty vehicles (GTs and up) than v6s.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Yeah my mustang is not modded so I don't really deal with waves very often. Actually never have the entire time ive had it. However, I really like using my boat for the waves. Works every time. but What kinds of mods did you do to your mustang to make it handle waves? Did you just seal off the bottom and make it water tight?

I laughed wayy to hard at this!!!

Old 10-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha glad somebody appreciated it. I worked hard on that
Old 10-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im glad someone enjoyed it lol
Old 10-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #30
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LMAO! all along i thought he was being serious then the next post was the joke
IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Panther, did you (or someone else) Photoshop that pic or is that real? Seems like something you'd find on a Chevy forum, lol

Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I started a link over a year ago regarding snobby mustang drivers . I live in California and nobody acknowledges another mustang ( well maybe like 3 out of 100). My car does however have a very studly black cobra boyfriend who always purrs when he drives bye.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
eliasj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

No I didn't photoshop that one. Actually, I was at a boat landing and I saw this guy had a v6 automatic one. WHen he left I put skateboards under the wheels and gave it a push towards the boat launch just to see if they really did float or not. I didn't want to try it on mine because I have glasspack mufflers and I know the water would probably damage the fiberglass in them. Probably would make my exhaust sound like dookie if the glasspacks were blown out.
So we know that the v6 autos don't float now in stock form anyway
Old 10-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I didn't photoshop that one. Actually, I was at a boat landing and I saw this guy had a v6 automatic one. WHen he left I put skateboards under the wheels and gave it a push towards the boat launch just to see if they really did float or not. I didn't want to try it on mine because I have glasspack mufflers and I know the water would probably damage the fiberglass in them. Probably would make my exhaust sound like dookie if the glasspacks were blown out.
So we know that the v6 autos don't float now in stock form anyway

lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion