I'm Curious How Do You Young Folks........... - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Or maybe your lazy and don't work as hard?

I bought my 2001 Bullitt 3 days after I turned 18, and I have more money in mods than the car is worth. All paid for by myself. Oh and I go to a private college and work 30 hours a week.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Or maybe I do and You Don't have a clue on How Hard I work!

Your on the STAFF? Fine example your are!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #107
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I'm Curious How Do You Young Folks...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Your on the STAFF? Fine example your are!

Aren't you an experienced elder? Fine example you are.....

Blatantly calling people spoiled like that in public was uncalled for. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

Maybe you would have recanted your statement after actually listening to some of the stories people told. But wait they are still spoiled right? Having a biased view that any young person with nice stuff is a terrible way to look at anything. Just because someone is young and has nice stuff does not mean they are spoiled.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Another thing to keep in mind is it seems to be a general trend for people not getting married and starting families as young. 30-40 years ago it wasn't uncommon for people to get married by 20-25 and have children right away. Now a days people generally dont finish college until their 22-25 and then want to enjoy themselves and pay down student debt (if they have it) before even thinking about having children. Not having children makes room to travel, have cars, etc. At my age my parents already had 2 kids. Instead I am enjoying life a little longer with cars, traveling, etc. instead of wanting to start a family right away. Again, this isn't always the case, but definitely seems to be the norm compared to 30-40 years ago.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Sh**... If I had a wife and kids I'd be driving a used corolla or the 79.99 a month hyundai lease.

Plus I'd like to ad that as a rather selfish person... If I had the money and a kid that loved cars I'd be happy to get him whatever. And then have fun teaching him how to drive and go to car shows with him. Before I'm too old to enjoy it, or they move away ect.. whatever.

If a kid loves to go fast thats what hes going to do.. you want him in an overpowered piece of junk thats trying to murder you when you drive it or a good safe car that can handle the power (mustang for example).

I had a 99 C5 that I got financed for 12k afew years back... I added maybe 50whp and a tune.. dangerous piece of junk.

Just my two cents.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

That was exactly his point. You don't know have a clue of how the younger folks got their cars, so why do you assume they are spoiled brats. Read GrabberBlue1993s story of how his parents bought him his car and tell us about how spoiled he is...
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I like cars that want to punish you when you make a mistake. Keeps you aware.

That's why I always put mine in sport mode TC, it will kick out since you made a mistake, but will still be manageable.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
That was exactly his point. You don't know have a clue of how the younger folks got their cars, so why do you assume they are spoiled brats. Read GrabberBlue1993s story of how his parents bought him his car and tell us about how spoiled he is...

I am not for or against what you are saying, but didn't his parents buy him a new stang after he flunked out of school and wanted to join the army?

His story was Inspiring, but unless I read it wrong, poor example.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Wake up to work on the ranch and pay my bills. Oh and pumpin oil wells helps.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I did not flunk out of school. I had a poor GPA and was not doing the right thing and was not mature enough to be away at a party school. By joining rotc and going back to school, my parents got me my car as a motivator and it worked.
I love my car. It took me out of a dark place and was my motivation every morning at 0500 with my face in the mud and going to school until 9pm and repeating. If I didn't do school the car would be taken away from me.
It got me on the right track and is pretty much the reason I am where I am today.
Yes they bought me a new car. But it was my motivation to improve myself and mature and get good grades.
It was not just handed to me as a present for doing poorly in school.
It was my motivation to do well. it would have been taken away if I was doing the wrong thing, and a few times it was and I didn't get to drive it for a few weeks. Taking the bus to community college really sucks when you're used to your mustang lol.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-16-2014, 12:32 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

V6 stang:

I see where you're coming from, but I look at it as an example of how there is a lot more to someone's character than what meets the eye. His story shows how dangerous it is to judge people based on simple things like "his parents bought him a car" rather than knowing the million things that create every individual's unique personal story. Sure he got a free car, but look what he is doing with his life. When he's putting his life on the line to protect and serve his city, who will call him spoiled, whether he got a Mustang or not? Further, the guy is sincerely grateful, which is the opposite of being spoiled.

I love reading this thread because of all the inspiring stories. It shows who these people that we only know by user names and avatars really are. Who knew shunc emigrated from the Philippines and worked his way up from poor, to going through school, to finally owning two Mustangs, his dream car? Everyone has their own path to a Mustang, no two stories are the same, almost all are inspiring in a way. Great examples of living the American dream.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

I got most of my funding from my parents to buy the car was only (800) and get it running at first but i have put a lot of my own money and time into my car. My parents aren't rich but not poor. They believe in its better to fund my hobbies rather than have me be bored and start hanging out with the wrong crowd. I think they also thought it be a good learning experience for me to take on such a big task and it has. My car has opened a A LOT of opportunities for me and has created many great memories with my friends and family which i am great full for. My parents also believed in us (brother and sister) to have our freedom and a car is needed for that. They wanted us to be able to go places with our friends they wanted us to have a life. Iv worked for almost 5 years now at retail positions to fund the "extras" and to go 50/50 on a jeep for a dd that was my grandparents. My parents moved to Canada recently leaving me with the responsibility of the house till they move back. So im 20 have two cars and live in a house in a good community and look after my families two dogs. Am i spoiled? No, my parents have done a good job raising three successful adults and can trust them with big responsibilities. I take nothing for granted and under stand that my parents can take it all way at the drop of a pin. My parents are awesome and to me have raised me. When i have kids..... Not for a while i would do exactly the way they have raised me.

Killing time isnt murder, it's suicide
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

I'm Curious How Do You Young Folks...........

Like I said, his story was great and very inspiring. But bottom line he left/dropped/flunked school and then got a 20-30k car for going back. I feel like a lot of parents would have said get off your butt and do this for you. We will help you along the way.

It's awesome his mustang is his motivation and this isn't to be taken in a negative way, I was just showing how his story wasn't that good of an example. I am just callin it how I see it and not hating on anyone. My parents help me plenty, so I am not here to say "your parents helped you lulululul scrub noob"... I love my parents and they do a lot for me to help me through college. I am also very surprised at how humble he is about this car, and it's a great thing. He is not shoving it in peoples face, yet doing well in life due to this car. It's a great thing.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Like I said, his story was great and very inspiring. But bottom line he left/dropped/flunked school and then got a 20-30k car for going back. I feel like a lot of parents would have said get off your butt and do this for you. We will help you along the way.

It's awesome his mustang is his motivation and this isn't to be taken in a negative way, I was just showing how his story wasn't that good of an example. I am just callin it how I see it and not hating on anyone. My parents help me plenty, so I am not here to say "your parents helped you lulululul scrub noob"... I love my parents and they do a lot for me to help me through college. I am also very surprised at how humble he is about this car, and it's a great thing. He is not shoving it in peoples face, yet doing well in life due to this car. It's a great thing.

Yes I get your point and agree with the way you put it. It made it confusing for me to use him as the example, not that he's spoiled, but because I'm sure many parents would think that's not a wise approach. Better example for me to use to make the point to NMtang could have been shunc's.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

My parents bought mine for me... I know, "bought, not built". And my Dad's even a Chevy guy.
CameronChapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #120
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Mine was a little luck and hard work.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

I was born 4 months premature, 2 pounds 10 ounces, could fit in my dad's hand. About 3 to 6 months after I was born, I developed a grade 3 brain bleed, which resulted in me having aquired Hydrocephalus ( basically a high buildup of cerebrospinal fluid around my brain ) and me being shunted ( tube to drain the constant excess of fluid ) also, the aquired version is MUCH more painful than having been born with it.

I was lucky that they caught it very early, most people who have this end up in a wheelchair, mentally disabled, or dead. I'm in the top 3-5 percent of best outcomes. Which I don't take for granted. Knowing that I shouldn't be alive, much less actually driving and playing the sports I'm allowed.

I have had 10 revisions on the shunt, so 10 added major brain surgeries in addition to the initial shunting. A side affect that can happen is Sensory Processing Disorder, which I do have, which makes certain things that are not bothersome to people, bother me.

People can say that I'm spoiled, I don't think I am. They don't have to wake up to 4 scars, 2 on their head, hidden by my hair, and 2 in their torso, knowing that the shunt could fail at any time, and I'd be having throbbing, want to curl up and do nothing painful migraines, puking, and various other things until I have surgery again.

Yes I do have a GT, but, I've worked hard in school, obviously for getting into college and a job. (math comes much tougher to people with Hydrocephalus, same with grammer)rarely asked for anything ( unlike a typical kid ), and saved a good amount of money for the car.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

I think a lot has to do with how some phrase it like they earned or are entitled to it. "My parents bought me a car because I got good grades, volunteer, played sports, etc." All those things are great but that's the difference of being a kid and an adult. You should get good grades because you eventually want a good job. By no way does getting good grades 'earn' you a car, the real world just doesn't work that way.

I think most of us at one point or another get help from our parents/ family in some way and its just that they help because they care. Every year for Christmas my parents get me a gift. I say I have great parents and am thankful for the gift but in no way did I 'earn' it. The same way that parents handing you a 25-35 K car. You didn't work for it nor paid for it, it's a gift. Say you have great generous parents and be thankful and leave it at that. Trying to justify that you somehow 'earned' it or were entitled to it is what makes you sound like a child that hasn't grown up yet.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I was born 4 months premature, 2 pounds 10 ounces, could fit in my dad's hand. About 3 to 6 months after I was born, I developed a grade 3 brain bleed, which resulted in me having aquired Hydrocephalus ( basically a high buildup of cerebrospinal fluid around my brain ) and me being shunted ( tube to drain the constant excess of fluid ) also, the aquired version is MUCH more painful than having been born with it.

I was lucky that they caught it very early, most people who have this end up in a wheelchair, mentally disabled, or dead. I'm in the top 3-5 percent of best outcomes. Which I don't take for granted. Knowing that I shouldn't be alive, much less actually driving and playing the sports I'm allowed.

I have had 10 revisions on the shunt, so 10 added major brain surgeries in addition to the initial shunting. A side affect that can happen is Sensory Processing Disorder, which I do have, which makes certain things that are not bothersome to people, bother me.

People can say that I'm spoiled, I don't think I am. They don't have to wake up to 4 scars, 2 on their head, hidden by my hair, and 2 in their torso, knowing that the shunt could fail at any time, and I'd be having throbbing, want to curl up and do nothing painful migraines, puking, and various other things until I have surgery again.

Yes I do have a GT, but, I've worked hard in school, obviously for getting into college and a job. (math comes much tougher to people with Hydrocephalus, same with grammer)rarely asked for anything ( unlike a typical kid ), and saved a good amount of money for the car.
I would have bought you a shelby...

--- Shouldn't judge everyone! ---
Old 10-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrfastenough87 View Post

Dang, thanks for that bro.

They had a red 2013 Boss available... haven't learned manual yet, so I didn't get it. I tried bringing up that I could learn on it because of the warranty, didn't work.

I'm not complaining though, I love this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413506541148.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	167980  
Old 10-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I think a lot has to do with how some phrase it like they earned or are entitled to it. "My parents bought me a car because I got good grades, volunteer, played sports, etc." All those things are great but that's the difference of being a kid and an adult. You should get good grades because you eventually want a good job. By no way does getting good grades 'earn' you a car, the real world just doesn't work that way.

I think most of us at one point or another get help from our parents/ family in some way and its just that they help because they care. Every year for Christmas my parents get me a gift. I say I have great parents and am thankful for the gift but in no way did I 'earn' it. The same way that parents handing you a 25-35 K car. You didn't work for it nor paid for it, it's a gift. Say you have great generous parents and be thankful and leave it at that. Trying to justify that you somehow 'earned' it or were entitled to it is what makes you sound like a child that hasn't grown up yet.
I agree.

Of course in our parents eyes, we've 'earned' it. However, in the real world, going to a car dealership with your life story isn't going to buy you a $20K+ car.

Being a soldier and fighting for your country is a very honorable and respectable act (just for example), but at the end of the day, a business has to pay bills. If they gave away their products to every heart-warming individual, they'd return no profit... and that's not the point of a business.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Who would have known you have hyrdocephalus. Interesting story, thanks for sharing mustangz!

Quote:

one of his dream cars would be better
Old 10-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Who would have known you have hyrdocephalus. Interesting story, thanks for sharing mustangz!

one of his dream cars would be better
C7 with an LS7 swap would be nice... still, the Shelby's are insane, and I like insane cars...

I don't mind sharing. A lot of people don't know what it is. Only reason I'm not worse off is my mom. I wasn't as active as I should have been (however active a 6 ish month old should be,it was somewhere around 3-6 months) the nurse said I was FINE, mom insisted, and that's how they found it.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dang, thanks for that bro.

They had a red 2013 Boss available... haven't learned manual yet, so I didn't get it. I tried bringing up that I could learn on it because of the warranty, didn't work.

I'm not complaining though, I love this car.
Not even worth it... Manuals with a clutch are like desktops that come with towers.. on the way out. And its only fun some of the time.. if you daily it..

If you have select shift you're much better off. I can't tell you how much more I like it than my last two cars with stick.. so smooth, precise and fast. Easier on the car and gives you the same if not much better control.

I only wish I had a clutch every now and again... just feels better in some strange way, even though its proven paddles ect work better, thats why most supercars/ hypercars ditched the clutch and stick because they're battling for the best times.

Porsche on the new 911s that has the fastest 0-60 time of any production car I believe "Here at Porsche we love manual shifting.. but we also love being the fastest."
Old 10-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, but their paddle shifters are much better, because most of them are DCT's. To me, Fords manumatic mode lags a bit too much. I wouldn't know how good the Sport mode is on a track, anyone have input on that?

But yes, sometimes I'm so glad I have an auto. Such as bumper to bumper traffic for a few miles on I 295 sometimes, or usually the quantico area.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #130
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yes, but their paddle shifters are much better, because most of them are DCT's. To me, Fords manumatic mode lags a bit too much. I wouldn't know how good the Sport mode is on a track, anyone have input on that?.

You need a tune. A real tune.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You need a tune. A real tune.

Do tunes affect the paddle shifters? Or just auto sport mode
Old 10-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not even worth it... Manuals with a clutch are like desktops that come with towers.. on the way out. And its only fun some of the time.. if you daily it..

If you have select shift you're much better off. I can't tell you how much more I like it than my last two cars with stick.. so smooth, precise and fast. Easier on the car and gives you the same if not much better control.

I only wish I had a clutch every now and again... just feels better in some strange way, even though its proven paddles ect work better, thats why most supercars/ hypercars ditched the clutch and stick because they're battling for the best times.

Porsche on the new 911s that has the fastest 0-60 time of any production car I believe "Here at Porsche we love manual shifting.. but we also love being the fastest."

Lmao.. Have you ever pc games? Towers are that community. Such a uninformed opinions lol. Labtop a can't handle the heat a tower CPU brings, and so you need a huge cooler on them to keep them from overheating. My caveman tower will rape any labtop you got lol.

Leave it at this - they have seperate uses. Just like manuals.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Do tunes affect the paddle shifters? Or just auto sport mode
At the moment, no tuning company has access to Sport mode shifting. So it can't be changed, only Drive. The rest of the parameters will be changed with the tune though because they're outside the shift profile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
At the moment, no tuning company has access to Sport mode shifting. So it can't be changed, only Drive. The rest of the parameters will be changed with the tune though because they're outside the shift profile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ok, I think I understand
Old 10-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I have chronic hair loss, open your checkbooks and feel sorry for me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

^general statement, or directed at someone? Coming from you, I'll assume it's directed at someone, to mock them.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
When you assume, you fail. Put that in your files.

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
When you assume, you fail. Put that in your files.

Not always the case.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't mind sharing. A lot of people don't know what it is. Only reason I'm not worse off is my mom. I wasn't as active as I should have been (however active a 6 ish month old should be,it was somewhere around 3-6 months) the nurse said I was FINE, mom insisted, and that's how they found it.
Honestly I didn't know what it was until you mentioned what it is. I even looked it up. Wow, that mom instinct!

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah man, it's crazy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion