I'm Curious How Do You Young Folks........... - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Street racing is beyond stupid. Anyone who habitually participates in or condones it should lose their license. Sure, we all romp on it a bit from time to time, but balls-out racing on public streets is insane. If you really cared about going fast, you'd be on the track. You just want to appear to be fast.

Then again, I grew up around cars that are actually fast, so maybe that's why I don't understand guys who guy buy a 5.0 and think it's god's gift to their local streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Street racing is beyond stupid. Anyone who habitually participates in or condones it should lose their license. Sure, we all romp on it a bit from time to time, but balls-out racing on public streets is insane. If you really cared about going fast, you'd be on the track. You just want to appear to be fast.

Then again, I grew up around cars that are actually fast, so maybe that's why I don't understand guys who guy buy a 5.0 and think it's god's gift to their local streets.

You are the kind of person that slows the mental evolution and progress of man. You should have your car taken away and be forced to drive a nissan leaf while people throw apples at it!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrfastenough87 View Post
You are the kind of person that slows the mental evolution and progress of man. You should have your car taken away and be forced to drive a nissan leaf!
And you are the kind of person that will quickly be banned from this forum if you keep this up. The moderators are watching you.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't said or done anything wrong... Its other people who have resorted to childish name calling in a serious discussion.

If I am in fact "banned" then I leave knowing I've done nothing wrong and my points were intelligent, factual and valid. It is ok for people to have a difference of opinion.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
And you are the kind of person that will quickly be banned from this forum if you keep this up. The moderators are watching you.
I'm the only one the defended you when everyone was calling you a spoiled brat for your parents trying to give you a nice life after being born with a terrible condition...

Last time I do something like that on a forum... lol

You should be "banned" for boasting about having a gun and posting pictures of it... that things just going to get snatched out of your hands if you pull it anyway
Old 10-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I haven't said or done anything wrong... Its other people who have resorted to childish name calling in a serious discussion.

If I am in fact "banned" then I leave knowing I've done nothing wrong and my points were intelligent, factual and valid. It is ok for people to have a difference of opinion.
You are the one talking about street racing and calling out other members. If that is doing nothing wrong when we've REPEATEDLY told you its not allowed, then apparently the meaning of "wrong" has changed in the last few minutes.

Just refer to your last post where you told another member that because he didn't agree with street racing he "slows the mental evolution of man, and should be forced to drive a leaf"
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm the only one the defended you when everyone was calling you a spoiled brat for your parents trying to give you a nice life after being born with a terrible condition...

You should be "banned" for boasting about having a gun and posting pictures of it... that things just going to get snatched out of your hands if you pull it anyway
HAHAHAHA, your funny fool. I've been shooting for over 10 years, I assure you I know how to use all sorts of guns quote well, and retain them if someone tries to grab it, and you weren't the only one, Grabber was defending as well.

You really think just because you "defended" me, while I do thank you for that, even though I am perfectly capable of defending myself both through words, and physically, I won't call you out on street racing and bashing other members, well, your mistaken.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

thanks for getting my back i believe that Repth intentionally meant that to me.
"Repth...Street racing is beyond stupid. Anyone who habitually participates in or condones it should lose their license. Sure, we all romp on it a bit from time to time, but balls-out racing on public streets is insane. If you really cared about going fast, you'd be on the track. You just want to appear to be fast.
Then again, I grew up around cars that are actually fast, so maybe that's why I don't understand guys who guy buy a 5.0 and think it's god's gift to their local streets." like who cares if you grew up around fast cars i believe we all did thats why we purchased a stang and as u said we all romp on it a bit from time to time by saying that u are admiting to doing stupid acts on the road and are ok with it from time to time so what makes you god and the special person aka mustang evolution example. so yeh street racing is bad but it happens and ur just the pot calling the kettle black.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
HAHAHAHA, your funny fool. I've been shooting for over 10 years, I assure you I know how to use all sorts of guns quote well, and retain them if someone tries to grab it, and you weren't the only one, Grabber was defending as well.

You really think just because you "defended" me, while I do thank you for that, even though I am perfectly capable of defending myself both through words, and physically, I won't call you out on street racing and bashing other members, well, your mistaken.
hey man dont take it out at Nvrfastenough87 he is just defending us u know u also race mustangz lol you have to admit
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
hey man dont take it out at Nvrfastenough87 he is just defending us u know u also race mustangz lol you have to admit
Nah, not for a while. It's stupid. I mean, I'll mash the peddle from time to time, but legit street racing, nah.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

"yellowconve{well i still street race carefully in closed conditions on a track in mexico with professional drivers and my seatbelt now its ok yeh quarter miles are real boring just go straight for a few seconds whoopdydue i get more thrill on my track."

"mustangz I think we all do from time to time".
see u admited to doing it from time to time also so very few can say they never street raced there stang the majority would be calling themselves liars.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Time to time for romping on it, never said street racing.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
"yellowconve{well i still street race carefully in closed conditions on a track in mexico with professional drivers and my seatbelt now its ok yeh quarter miles are real boring just go straight for a few seconds whoopdydue i get more thrill on my track."

"mustangz I think we all do from time to time".
see u admited to doing it from time to time also so very few can say they never street raced there stang the majority would be calling themselves liars.
Its ok.. the youngsters just trying to fit in since he almost got ran out of here the other day... I won't be posting in this thread again so nancy grace and friends can chill out about racing.

If I hear "what about the babies" one more time I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

FYI "racing in mexico" is incredibly popular all over the world.. I mean watch tx2k fl2k ect.. russia, dubai.. Japan has the most amazing street culture and super highways I've ever seen. And to some its an idea of heaven. So don't judge, just don't do it yourself.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

Ha, ran out of here, bullsh*t. I've put up with worse than that from jealous punks.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #190
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I would start a reinstate mustangz campaign if he got banned or something

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks for getting my back i believe that Repth intentionally meant that to me.

"Repth...Street racing is beyond stupid. Anyone who habitually participates in or condones it should lose their license. Sure, we all romp on it a bit from time to time, but balls-out racing on public streets is insane. If you really cared about going fast, you'd be on the track. You just want to appear to be fast.

Then again, I grew up around cars that are actually fast, so maybe that's why I don't understand guys who guy buy a 5.0 and think it's god's gift to their local streets." like who cares if you grew up around fast cars i believe we all did thats why we purchased a stang and as u said we all romp on it a bit from time to time by saying that u are admiting to doing stupid acts on the road and are ok with it from time to time so what makes you god and the special person aka mustang evolution example. so yeh street racing is bad but it happens and ur just the pot calling the kettle black.

If one were to grow up around fast cars, their coyote would not likely seem very fast. I'm not sure how you figure that "romping on it from time to time" equates to "balls out racing". Accelerating at 80% throttle, making smooth, clean shifts, not wildly disregarding the speed limit, etc. is not even remotely the same as going as fast as you humanly can because you have something to prove to the other guy. If you are interested in the latter, which many people are, then do it at the track where you're not putting other people at risk for your own personal enjoyment. If you have to make a special drive out to some deserted country road with visibility for miles, I suppose that's not too bad because the only people you can kill are the ones who agreed to be there. I just don't know why you wouldn't just go to the track at that point.

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Nvrfastenough87;2112044]Its ok.. the youngsters just trying to fit in since he almost got ran out of here the other day... I won't be posting in this thread again so nancy grace and friends can chill out about racing.

If I hear "what about the babies" one more time I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

FYI "racing in mexico" is incredibly popular all over the world.. I mean watch tx2k fl2k ect.. russia, dubai.. Japan has the most amazing street culture and super highways I've ever seen. And to some its an idea of heaven. So don't judge, just don't do it yourself.

im out i didnt know some people like to fight online and put other peoples opinions down do make them self a better person on M.E if your opinion differs from others you dont go saying u have never been around fast cars and coyote engines are slow well goes to show if you aint got nothing nice to say dont say anything. theres other forums for bibles and church on other websites.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

I think people make a bigger deal of street racing then it is - especially with underpowered cars. The impact it has death toll wise is minimal.

In all honesty it doesn't matter what we have to say, because we are not the owners.

It's very controversial on this forum and there seems to be a big divide on people's opinion about this.

Just stop talking about it before ya get banned, whether you agree with it or not.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Long story ahort, if you're going to be stupid, don't do it around other people that you could hurt. Plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I wish they had a track in Los Angeles. **** going to irwindale that's too fat
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

I wish they had a track in Los Angeles. **** going to irwindale that's too fat
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Idk where you live, but tracks are few and far between here in Wisconsin. Me and other car enthusiasts will occasionally drag race up to around 70 mph from a dig on back roads where we can see for miles. Sometimes we will do a 40-80 pull on the interstate where we wont even be going faster than the traffic, and we don't even do it when other cars are anywhere to be seen.

Now, going above 100 on public roads is rarely a choice I make, but id never make that choice unless I knew for an absolute fact that nobody was around.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

I'll admit it's nice to live in the country. When I hit the end of my road to the highway it's a nicely well taken care of two lane road. If I head into town it's perfectly flat. It's 4 miles from my driveway to town and can see the school during a normal nice day. There is rarely any traffic. I'll admit to makeing a few high speed runs or playing with the track apps. But if I see anyone I shut it down immediately. And I don't do it often just enough to get it out of my system. I've done only two full speed runs. The only person that I'm going to kill is me. No way I would do it in town around people. It's a great stretch to give someone a taste of a muscle car for the first time. Or when my buddy brought his Camaro 1LE out and had a place to stretch its legs (no racing I'm not taking up both lanes for anything) I don't see anything wrong with that kind of deal. Interstate, in town around anyone isn't right in my opinion. I don't want to hit someone from a random blow out etc or be hit. But to each their own. When I get on it I known I'm on a public road and still illegal.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I feel like you can do it in a responsible manner. It is 1000x safer than drunk driving for sure. and about 10000000X safer than texting and driving. At least you are paying 110% attention while we do it
Old 10-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Yeah I feel like you can do it in a responsible manner. It is 1000x safer than drunk driving for sure. and about 10000000X safer than texting and driving. At least you are paying 110% attention while we do it

Saying you responsibly street race is like saying you drink and drive responsible, it's just not possible. No matter how much "control" you think you have or how well you know the roads area there is no way to be 100% sure in an uncontrolled environment. There is NO way to be sure that there isn't a tire in the road, a deer, dog, or a random car that may pull out in front of you.

I feel the same way about drunk drivers as I do street racers. If it was truly a case where only those who willingly made the idiotic choice got hurt then I'd have no issues with it. But too often you hear both cases of innocent people getting hurt and even dying it's truly sad. That's why I agree with the laws most states have, get caught street racing lose you car. Just wish drunk driving had the same consequences. I realize everyone may not have a track in their backyard but it's worth the 2-3 hour trip to not potentially kill innocent people.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #201
ME Bloodhound
Staff

How about we change topics? Or else this thread is getting shut down.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Saying you responsibly street race is like saying you drink and drive responsible, it's just not possible. No matter how much "control" you think you have or how well you know the roads area there is no way to be 100% sure in an uncontrolled environment. There is NO way to be sure that there isn't a tire in the road, a deer, dog, or a random car that may pull out in front of you.

I feel the same way about drunk drivers as I do street racers. If it was truly a case where only those who willingly made the idiotic choice got hurt then I'd have no issues with it. But too often you hear both cases of innocent people getting hurt and even dying it's truly sad. That's why I agree with the laws most states have, get caught street racing lose you car. Just wish drunk driving had the same consequences. I realize everyone may not have a track in their backyard but it's worth the 2-3 hour trip to not potentially kill innocent people.

Yet to hear of a street racing event killing people. Or hurting people. Maybe it's just my area lol?

To compare street racing and drunk drivin is literally retarded. I want you to compare STATISTICS of drunk driver deaths/injuries vs street racing. Or even textin and driving. Lol Geez people need to get a grip. Like a person above said at least the street racers are paying full attention. That's doesn't make it not dangerous, but at least they can react in a sufficient manner if something happens.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay, Apparently I was not clear enough..

I meant two simple things that are widely agreed upon
1-Accelerating as fast as you can up to the speed limit is completely okay
2-Some speed limits are not actually the fastest speed that you can go safely, especially in a performance oriented car.

Do I think that it is possible find time and place in which there is no chance of hurting other people by going fast? Yes. It is a big world. I am sure there is a road somewhere in the world that you can see miles down and there are no houses or anything within 10 miles. One of those roads in the middle of nowhere that you know better than the back of your hand type of deal.

also, If you do 40-80 pull on the interstate where there are no cars or merge ramps around, I honestly don't feel like my safety is threatened. Or anybody's safety.

Obviously a track is a much better place to go if at all feasible
Old 10-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Yet to hear of a street racing event killing people. Or hurting people. Maybe it's just my area lol?

To compare street racing and drunk drivin is literally retarded. I want you to compare STATISTICS of drunk driver deaths/injuries vs street racing. Or even textin and driving. Lol Geez people need to get a grip. Like a person above said at least the street racers are paying full attention. That's doesn't make it not dangerous, but at least they can react in a sufficient manner if something happens.

Just because it doesn't make the news all the time doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Read the article below and tell me that nobody ever dies as a result of street racing. The whole 'at least your paying attention' is complete BS. Unless your a professional driver (which 99% of the people on here are not) if your going 90+ you do not know how to handle the car other then going in a straight line nor do you have the time to react if something were to happen that you weren't expecting.

Apparently they changed the way they track racing crashes/deaths. So depending on what you go by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says 153 people died as a result of racing between 01-10. Or if you go by a broader definition, there were 1,047 racing deaths from 01 to 08. Do more people die from drunk driving? Of course especially considering that I would think drunk driving is more common then street racing. But its still equally as stupid. Like I said saying that you street race responsible and are in full control is no different then a drunk driver saying the same thing.

Illegal drag racing still deadly practice – USATODAY.com
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just because it doesn't make the news all the time doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Read the article below and tell me that nobody ever dies as a result of street racing. The whole 'at least your paying attention' is complete BS. Unless your a professional driver (which 99% of the people on here are not) if your going 90+ you do not know how to handle the car other then going in a straight line nor do you have the time to react if something were to happen that you weren't expecting.

Apparently they changed the way they track racing crashes/deaths. So depending on what you go by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says 153 people died as a result of racing between 01-10. Or if you go by a broader definition, there were 1,047 racing deaths from 01 to 08. Do more people die from drunk driving? Of course especially considering that I would think drunk driving is more common then street racing. But its still equally as stupid. Like I said saying that you street race responsible and are in full control is no different then a drunk driver saying the same thing.

Illegal drag racing still deadly practice – USATODAY.com
I never said that it doesn't happen, but it's not even near comparable lol. Statistically, you disproved yourself. Here a statistic for you - 2013 US Drunk driving death toll was 10,322. Yet in 9 years 153 died? Lol? Even in broad standards of 1k people dying in 7 years, lul. It's not even comparable. I'd also venture to say that the majority of racing is done light to light. You are giving a example of being over 90 mph. Majority of races do not get to that high mph. Plenty of kids street race all the times. Numbers don't lie and you shouldn't be in denial about them. Your comparison is ignorant and you should just stop now. Obviously being a normal sober human (WHO CAN REACT!) that is squeaking some tires rather than a drunken swaying person with a reaction times of a sloth is technically "safer" simply by comparing statistics.

Leave it at that it's dangerous, and illegal. Mainly illegal. Stop arguing yourself into a corner.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
How about we change topics? Or else this thread is getting shut down.

Thanks for ignoring this guys....

It's simple, the owners of this forum want to keep it family oriented, that means no street racing, no guns, no politics, no religion, no lewd pictures of girls, no talk of that variety is allowed. If you don't like it then feel free to move onto a different forum where those topics are allowed. To those guys who say that the race took place in Mexico or on a closed course that looks quite a lot like a public road... we're not idiots, those posts will still be taken down and PM's and infractions will be sent out.

You guys have been warned once already so drop the subject...
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #207
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I'm Curious How Do You Young Folks...........

I gave it about 24 hours and you guys didn't change. This thread is closed.

HID end all thread
Old 10-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #208
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've been asked to reopen this thread because it is nice to hear the stories of people who got their Mustangs.......... This is the final warning. If there is a hint of anything against the rules that goes on in this thread from now on it will be closed for good.

HID end all thread
Old 10-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I've been asked to reopen this thread because it is nice to hear the stories of people who got their Mustangs.......... This is the final warning. If there is a hint of anything against the rules that goes on in this thread from now on it will be closed for good.
yeh this forum thread has nothing to do with racing lets keep it that way and i agree its nice to hear how each person got and can afford there car helps people be informed how its possible to get what you reach for no matter the age just gotta work hard for it thats for sure
Old 01-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #210

Region: Louisiana
i'm 24 an just graduated college. i've been working since i was 23 and went to school at night after work. idk how they buy these new mustangs, i'm about to buy a 1966 with original 289 V8 with c4 tranny from a friend to rebuild.
raif281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion