Looks like I may be Mustangless in 5 days... :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Looks like I may be Mustangless in 5 days... :(

Put my 98GT up on CL for ****s and giggles, listed it for more than I thought I could get for it and I get an email from a guy looking specifically for a 96-98GT with a PI swap that is in as mint of condition as possible and has cash in hand ready to go. Says he is coming at 7:30 Saturday morning with a trailer and cash and sounds very excited...

Well at least now I guess I won't have to do anymore research on Coyote swaps and instead start to look at 11/12 GTs and 07-09 GT500s (I have a thing for them). What is sad is I will be Mustangless for 2 years unless some sort of screaming screaming once in a lifetime deal comes up. Need to have as little debt as possible for when we move out of base housing (again) in 2 years and look to buy a big house with land.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Huh? Why not get what you can now and just sell later?

Not to be grim, but who knows if tomorrow will come...enjoy your everyday life!

Also, it's not like a new vehicle with depreciation hitting right in the face when you sign the paper. Depreciation should be on par with a lease, or any other vehicle the you would buy. I'd buy a project Mustang*, and by time you're done you may break even or possibly profit.

*I'd import a 5 speed 5 series and ecomod the ***** out of it, first lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Edit: I know I'll never make any money off anything in this hobby, but I just want a 11/12 car vs putting a ton of $$$ and time into this 98 no matter how nice it winds up being, an 11/12 or a 07-09 GT500 would be nicer.

I will not be worried about new car depreciation as I don't ever buy new anyway.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I want a five speed estate that looks beautiful, and I found the perfect BMW for me. Probably won't be around when I'm ready, but I know they're out there.

What I was saying is you still need a car, right? You don't have to be out of the Mustang game.

If you still need a car, buying faces that major depreciation- even if it's a Mitsubishi Mirage or Nissan versa.

I am not suggesting getting a nice car and making it better, rather a crap car and making it decent to good.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Oh I get you. My Mustang is not my DD. My wife has a CRV and I have a Eddie Bauer Expy. Not going to be uncomfortable in the Expy's heated/cooled seats and power everything/leather.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You could always take that money and buy an LS1 Fbody to still have yourself a fun car, then sell it and buy a Coyote/GT500 later on. The LS1 Fbody cars are about as low as they are going to get. Hell, NADA, KBB and Edmunds all list my Z28 as being within $500 now, of what it was worth when I picked it up in 2006.

Assuming you are wanting to get into another fun car..
Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you can't get the coyote yet I agree on the Fbody. I mean it ruled every mustang to be born besides the coyote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well first let me get this one sold. Dude seems very sure he is coming Saturday and I know the car is as good as I've described it so we'll see.

But yes if I get this sold like I plan a F body would be very high up on the list. IMHO its the greatest hot rodders car to ever come out. I'd probably look for an auto too. No issues with the stock rears with the auto from what I hear and half the time when I see a nice auto for sale on LS1tech it already has a stall and shift kit and everything.

I still am in love with the 11/12 Coyotes tho. CDC lip with black billet grilles just looks so mean and the car can actually back it up.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
One thing I regret in life is not getting financing quickly enough. My brother in law was selling his 2001 Trans AM WS6. Thing was in mint condition, he only changed the wheels to corvette staggered.

$6500.... But some old guy walks up with 8 grand in cash and buys it from underneath me. It now sits in his garage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol guy just emailed to back out. Probably a good thing. I wont find another sn95 this clean i guess. I dont know why i expect ppl not to be flakes haha.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 10-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Put my 98GT up on CL for ****s and giggles, listed it for more than I thought I could get for it and I get an email from a guy looking specifically for a 96-98GT with a PI swap that is in as mint of condition as possible and has cash in hand ready to go. Says he is coming at 7:30 Saturday morning with a trailer and cash and sounds very excited...

Well at least now I guess I won't have to do anymore research on Coyote swaps and instead start to look at 11/12 GTs and 07-09 GT500s (I have a thing for them). What is sad is I will be Mustangless for 2 years unless some sort of screaming screaming once in a lifetime deal comes up. Need to have as little debt as possible for when we move out of base housing (again) in 2 years and look to buy a big house with land.
I sure hope this "guy" is on the up and up. I'm not wanting to burst your bubble, but this sounds like the typical CL scam. Did you actually talk to him? Do NOT give him any account numbers so he can "deposit" the money into your account.

Like I said, I hope this guy is for real and you get to sell your car.

Well, it looks like he backed out.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Flake? WHAT?! A flake would have not shown, and then never responded again. Like when my SO at the time drove me to two and a half hours to meet someone to give them a dog and we waited an hour with no response...sweet.... Could have been worse.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Good. Now we won't lose you to the dark side and you can stay. We all need to learn more

CL sucks for cars.. I just got lucky I found a kid. That's why I didn't mind dropping 300$ on the price to get it sold. Better than messing with jack asses

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2014 View Post
I sure hope this "guy" is on the up and up. I'm not wanting to burst your bubble, but this sounds like the typical CL scam. Did you actually talk to him? Do NOT give him any account numbers so he can "deposit" the money into your account.

Like I said, I hope this guy is for real and you get to sell your car.

Well, it looks like he backed out.
Lol seriously? I'm not sure who is stupid enough to fall for CL scams but I don't feel bad for them. Every single one of my CL transactions is cash, in person always. I have a canned response to CL scam emails that basically tells them I hope they die in a fire.

I talked to the guy on the phone for like 20 minutes. Seemed like he knew all about these cars and sounded very legit. Still says he is interested but needs to sell something else first so who knows. Maybe I'll get a call back in a few weeks but not holding my breath. In the meantime, my new place still has a garage so this car will continue to be garaged and not driven in snow/salt although I have basically been DDing it since April, even in rain. Rain isn't going to hurt it, its the metric assload of salt/calcium that gets dumped on the roads here in winter that will.

In other news I had a SUPER loud pop from my knee this morning driving it in. Knee actually feels better now lol. I'm going to have to convert this to 4R if I do wind up keeping it though. Probably in the next year or two. I thought I had the knee issues worked out and it feels better now but... Luckily, Performance Automatic makes a real easy to use standalone for Coyote swaps and 4R75W trannies are real cheap in the JY.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
[QUOTE=Rapinator126;2103826]If you can't get the coyote yet I agree on the Fbody. I mean it ruled every mustang to be born besides the coyote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app[/QUOTE

I remember the first time I saw a FB in high school. It was the first time I fell in love with a car.....
eliasj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm still looking into LSx swap. Same results as the Coyote and 1/2 the price. And sounds way more badass with the single pushrod cam.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I'm still looking into LSx swap. Same results as the Coyote and 1/2 the price. And sounds way more badass with the single pushrod cam.

Get a Datsun 510 and swap a cammed LS into it. 400rwhp in a 2,000 pound car.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd just get a FC RX7 in that case.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

How's an LSX cheaper than a coyote? O.o . Last I looked the coyote crate was maybe 6k versus 10-12 for an LSX 427 ci

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 10-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
How's an LSX cheaper than a coyote? O.o . Last I looked the coyote crate was maybe 6k versus 10-12 for an LSX 427 ci

No one ever said anything about new, and also never specified 427 ci.......

2002 CAMARO Z28 Salvage for Sale from Copart

http://autogator.com/details.php?vst...plate=partscar

HID end all thread
Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Those engines have 137 and 150k miles on them. I'd have to pass on that. Not to mention you then have the shell of a car left after you pull the motor. Then you get to have a junkyard at your house!!! I wouldn't consider either of those for a build. More trouble than they are worth IMO

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
silvr002001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
No one ever said anything about new, and also never specified 427 ci.......

2002 CAMARO Z28 Salvage for Sale from Copart

http://autogator.com/details.php?vst...plate=partscar
LSX is almost always referring to the 427.

Those are just LS1s. They're cheap and easy to work on, but so are all LS engines. You can get crate engines fresh off the factory for the price of those junk cars.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

No, LSx is referring to anything out of the LS family. Very budget swap is a 6.0L LQ4 and a 4L60E out of a truck. Cam swap, valve springs, new intake and bolt ons and its a 450+rwhp beast for very cheap. Very often the engine/trans combos will come with the truck harness and truck computer so you just need to buy a pre-made swap harness which is like 1/3 the price of the Ford swap harness for the Coyote.

LS swaps are well documented, all supporting parts are out there, there are a ton of build threads to look at to get an idea of what one is in for and the truck pullout stuff is cheap plus you can get them for lower mileage if you look.

All depends what you want.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Looks like I may be Mustangless in 5 days... :(

Quote:
LSX is almost always referring to the 427.

Those are just LS1s. They're cheap and easy to work on, but so are all LS engines. You can get crate engines fresh off the factory for the price of those junk cars.

Think of Math, X is a variable.

So it really reads LS(input number here)

HID end all thread
Old 10-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It's about as easy to put in a LS motor as it is to put in the factory motor.

HID end all thread
Old 10-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Well there's that, but there are engines literally called LSX. For example, this 454:

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...lsx-454-r.html

Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Well there's that, but there are engines literally called LSX. For example, this 454:

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...lsx-454-r.html

Someone drop that into a Vette...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

LSX 454R Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet

That's why I use a lowercase x. I suppose I could also use Y or Z. LSy, LSz.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's why I use a lowercase x. I suppose I could also use Y or Z. LSy, LSz.
How about we just agree Chevy needs a better naming convention for their engines? Lol

Old 10-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

I just like how Ford named the Boss engine the "Roadrunner" since the regular 5.0 is the "Coyote".

Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just like how Ford named the Boss engine the "Roadrunner" since the regular 5.0 is the "Coyote".
I was never a fan of Coyote. Not very ivocative or intimidating. A scavenger dog? Cyclone sounds better than that. Roadrunner I could see, as it makes sense lol

Old 10-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I like how GM named their new engine (C7 and next Camaro) the LT1 .. which is the same name as the engine in the 92-95 Corvette and 93 - 97 Fbody.

It's a bit confusing.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #33
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I like how GM named their new engine (C7 and next Camaro) the LT1 .. which is the same name as the engine in the 92-95 Corvette and 93 - 97 Fbody.

It's a bit confusing.

Yea gotta specify new or old LT engines. I like the LS series names best.

HID end all thread
Old 10-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea gotta specify new or old LT engines. I like the LS series names best.

I don't like how they put the LS series all out of order of production though. It bugs me lol

Old 10-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Am I the only one that thinks they should make a SE C7 with the LS7, like a C7 GS with it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion