Road rage - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Road rage

Just encountered a road rage today. Decided to get some advice from you guys on protecting yourself.

So some woman was chasing me down and cutting me off on the street. Even blocked me and attempted to walk towards my car in a aggressive manner. Afterward still follows me for a good 5 streets until she finds out my mustang can out run her piece of **** lol. Anyway, what will you do in that situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Road rage

Step 1) Get License Plate Number
Step 2) Drive to safe Location (easy enough to drive around her once she's out of the car.)
Step 3) Call Police.
Step 4) Carry on with your day.

Figured I'd post this before the typical, "Shoot her right in the face" responses get posted.

Edit* Also, what'd ya do to piss her off?

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha !

Thanks Pony Boy, You got a good laugh out of me.
Quote:
Figured I'd post this before the typical, "Shoot her right in the face" responses get posted.
We all know we are gonna hear "SHOOT HER IN THE FACE ANYWAY"
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
concealed hand gun license exist for a reason.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Pony stomp her face
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
concealed hand gun license exist for a reason.
Pulling out your gun in a situation like that is the stupidest thing to do. You'll just get yourself thrown in jail. Honestly, anyone who thinks your gun will get you out of this kind of situation is not thinking clearly. Doing this will just escalate the problem or get it turned around where YOU end up being called the road-raged person.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
If shes gonna come at you like a man...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Step 1) Get License Plate Number
Step 2) Drive to safe Location (easy enough to drive around her once she's out of the car.)
Step 3) Call Police.
Step 4) Carry on with your day.

^This is the proper way to handle it.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I usually rev it and start moving toward them, depending on the situation peel the tires just a bit.

99.99999% of the time they move ASAP

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Calm
Old 10-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
If shes gonna come at you like a man...
That's when you beat her *** and curb stomp her. Psych, what was posted above, get plate number, get out of area, call cops, then have a nice day.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was turning right out of the parking lot. Checking that there is no car coming towards me. Notice that the street is a little hilly. So I do have the restrictions to see pass the top of the hill. The top of the hill is quite far away too. Not like it is next to the parking lot. So after I turn out, the lady behind me was going so fast that I believe she's going at least 65 on a 35 street. She honked and passed me and intentionally slowed down. Then to avoid that I pass her and continue driving with my speed limit. She tailed gated me and passed me again. Stop right in front of me forced me to slam my brake, and she stepped out the car and processed to walk towards me in a aggressive manner. So I have to drive on the opposite lane to go around her. I thought she's not going to follow so I just drive normally. Later she caught up and honk at me furiously. I speed up to lose her but then I get caught by a light. So I turn right and block her, at the same time paying attention if she is trying to catch me on foot. And so I turned right at the right moment and made her hard to follow. But she managed to do so and I just have to speed up on a straight road just to smoke her. She later turned because she can't keep up with me.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
People are nuts, man. Do the world a favor and report the plate and description of the driver to the police. That goes for all Roid rage drivers. People that think they can act like that behind the wheel don't deserve the privilege to drive. The DMV doesn't have a clue how people drive, until they start getting police reports.

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I would have handled that situation the same way that I've been doing it for decades...
I would have gotten out of the car and politely asked the nice lady WTF that her problem is.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I would have handled that situation the same way that I've been doing it for decades...

I would have gotten out of the car and politely asked the nice lady WTF that her problem is.

Lol I would POLITELY ask her too if I am not too hungry and looking for some breakfast

Old 10-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
People are nuts, man. Do the world a favor and report the plate and description of the driver to the police. That goes for all Roid rage drivers. People that think they can act like that behind the wheel don't deserve the privilege to drive. The DMV doesn't have a clue how people drive, until they start getting police reports.

I didn't have a dash cam and I was too worry about that nice lady will scrape my car. It looks like she's trying to ram me for a second

Old 10-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnytan06 View Post
I didn't have a dash cam and I was too worry about that nice lady will scrape my car. It looks like she's trying to ram me for a second

That's why I want to get the gopro on the dash and have it on while I drive. You never know when it comes in handy!

On another note when she forced you to stop, I would have gotten out pop the trunk open and get the tire wrench. Show her your a nice man
Next time like many said, get the plate # and call the police.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you all for the advices. At the same time I'm thankful Cuz she could have destroy my pony if she's crazy enough lol

Old 10-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The best way to handle anyone mad enough to follow you is:::

Just keep going to the nearest Police Station or Doughnut shop to find a police officer. If you are forced to stop at a light and the road rage idiot gets out of their car just apologize and say your sorry and that should smooth the situation over.

If that don't work and they start coming toward you and there is no way to get away then you just either beat the hell out of them or if you don't want to do that. Just shoot them.

There are so many nuts running around it is really hard not to run into one every once in a while.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Just keep going to the nearest Police Station or Doughnut shop to find a police officer. If you are forced to stop at a light and the road rage idiot gets out of their car just apologize and say your sorry and that should smooth the situation over.

If that don't work and they start coming toward you and there is no way to get away then you just either beat the hell out of them or if you don't want to do that. Just shoot them.

There are so many nuts running around it is really hard not to run into one every once in a while.
Ronnie
Chances are if your looking for a cop, you will never find one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Chances are if your looking for a cop, you will never find one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I was about to say this...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Taser... good way to deal with a psychotic woman. You get a good laugh shes fine in 2 minutes and never does anything like that again.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Interesting side note: If someone hits you ect and its road rage, the insurance company does not have to pay for it.
115tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #24
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115tang View Post
Interesting side note: If someone hits you ect and its road rage, the insurance company does not have to pay for it.

^Very good point. And if you engage in someone else's road rage, it's possible that you could get labeled that way too, hence denied coverage for that incident. Granted this is kind of a stretch, but possible none the less. Just something to think about when getting angry at someone for being a dumbass lol.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 10-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Get a dedicated dashcam--look for a B40 / A118 since those fit the mustang windshields the best (that's what I run) or a G1W if you want something cheaper. And whatever you do--stay in the car! Call the cops, put your windows up, and DO NOT ENGAGE unless you're at risk of bodily harm. If your life is threatened, shoot 'em.
sithanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

My parents always said to drive to the closest police station and park in front. She won't follow. But def report her plates to the cops. If all else fails get a CHL or a tazer/mace. My gf has both a tazer and mace. Lol

I sped up next to a guy once when I was like 17 and this had to be mid 20's.. He had a crashed fusion and flipped on me. Started cutting me off and trying to hit my side. We ended up doing circles around a parking lot until he realized this was a never ending thing, and he gave me a window of opportunity so I darted. Even my little v6 smoked his fusion lol.

Some people are just lunatics

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
My parents always said to drive to the closest police station and park in front. She won't follow. But def report her plates to the cops. If all else fails get a CHL or a tazer/mace. My gf has both a tazer and mace. Lol

I sped up next to a guy once when I was like 17 and this had to be mid 20's.. He had a crashed fusion and flipped on me. Started cutting me off and trying to hit my side. We ended up doing circles around a parking lot until he realized this was a never ending thing, and he gave me a window of opportunity so I darted. Even my little v6 smoked his fusion lol.

Some people are just lunatics

This is the reason I have pepper spray, and open carry a Beretta M9 with Hollow point Bullets, obviously where legal(ie, not on college campuses)
Old 10-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
This is the reason I have pepper spray, and open carry a Beretta M9 with Hollow point Bullets, obviously where legal(ie, not on college campuses)

Most of the time that gun is just a symbol of "step back fool"

Lol anyone that sees you flag that will instantly turn around no questions asked. Don't even need to fire it

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Most of the time that gun is just a symbol of "step back fool"

Lol anyone that sees you flag that will instantly turn around no questions asked. Don't even need to fire it

Exactly, obviously it's a last resort to fire it.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Trunk monkey FTW
Old 10-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm totally fabricating a trunk monkey button ...
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
I'm totally fabricating a trunk monkey button ...
Have y'all seen the minigun exhaust?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

ja do like i do if its a girl or old lady blow them a kiss and watch their attitude change altogether out of confusion and if its a guy burnout and show them ur just as crazy lol rev engine ect. open door and go forward and right b4 hitting them with the door close it. that should scare them back into there car. lol and yes watch out for phsyco bitc%%$ that will almost always try and scratch the car but thats what the finger and my pedal is for thats what stangs were made to do run lol
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
ja do like i do if its a girl or old lady blow them a kiss and watch their attitude change altogether out of confusion and if its a guy burnout and show them ur just as crazy lol rev engine ect. open door and go forward and right b4 hitting them with the door close it. that should scare them back into there car. lol and yes watch out for phsyco bitc%%$ that will almost always try and scratch the car but thats what the finger and my pedal is for thats what stangs were made to do run lol
I like how you think
Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Seeing this in a holster probably will give them doubts about doing anything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413930066820.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	168241  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion