I would like to get boosted 😁😆 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I would like to get boosted 😁😆

Hello everyone! I've made a couple threads on reaching 400rwhp in my 4.6 3v. I'm currently making 321rwhp and 334ft lbs of torque. I'm a full bolt car long tubes, x pipe, intake, ect. But I'm looking for a little more. I would like to go with a centri supercharger but I'm open to any other ideas. I would love to make 400-420 to wheels but I will be daily driving this car. And I'm on a budget. I'm still in high school and I work a part time job. I would love to not spend more than 3,500 in total can it be done? If not right away would it be cheaper for me too piece together the kit little by little? Also should I look into forged Internals any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GunMetalGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

It can definitely be done. I'm running a novi 2200 @ 10lbs of boost and make 485 rwhp.
I will be selling my complete supercharger kit when my motor and the rest of my turbo kit come in.
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeko View Post
It can definitely be done. I'm running a novi 2200 @ 10lbs of boost and make 485 rwhp.
I will be selling my complete supercharger kit when my motor and the rest of my turbo kit come in.

What did your set up cost you?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The complete supercharger kit retailed $5600 brand new. I will actually be selling it $3500 shipped since I won't need it anymore.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The complete supercharger kit retailed $5600 brand new. I will actually be selling it $3500 shipped since I won't need it anymore.

Wow that is a good price but at 485 won't I be at risk to damage stock internals

Old 10-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Keep in mind there may be cheaper options to piece a kit together but if u want a complete kit with lots of room to grow with your 3v then the novi2200 will be your kit.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I have been supercharged for 3 years without issues. Tuning will play a big role in keeping the car safe. I would recommend a really good tuner. I had jon lund tune my car. For peace of mind I will also add the larger supercharger pullie with the kit when it's sold. With full bolt ons abs the larger pullie I made 440 rwhp 400 tq on 8 lbs of boost with full boltons
Old 10-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have been supercharged for 3 years without issues. Tuning will play a big role in keeping the car safe. I would recommend a really good tuner. I had jon lund tune my car. For peace of mind I will also add the larger supercharger pullie with the kit when it's sold. With full bolt ons abs the larger pullie I made 440 rwhp 400 tq on 8 lbs of boost with full boltons
Maybe by the time you are with your turbo set up I'll have the money saved up of not I see great deals on the forums all the time. How many miles does your set up Have on it ?

Old 10-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Around 15k. I mainly drove it on weekends or cruises. Yes I'll remove the kit when my motor and turbo kit come in. I have been more than happy with the kit
Old 10-26-2014, 04:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Around 15k. I mainly drove it on weekends or cruises. Yes I'll remove the kit when my motor and turbo kit come in. I have been more than happy with the kit

One more thing I'll need a dyno tune for the supercharger right.? Just wondering cause there's no one within a two hour drive that tunes cars.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I would highly recommend a dyno tune. Some tuners can log on the street as well but I believe it would require you to download the proper sct software. Both ways work
Old 10-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Dyno tune is not highly recommended, it is required or you WILL grenade your car. $3500 for that used kit... if that includes all the fuel stuff and every other little thing that usually nickels/dimes to death that is a good deal.

Honestly though, for a high schooler with a budget I would not supercharge it. The numbers you are already making out of that 3V are really good for that year. Also, what sort of suspension/wheel/tire setup do you have? If you are mostly stock suspension all you are going to do is spin your tires with a supercharger and probably are doing that now if you are on stockish suspension at 320rwhp.

-Subframes
-Lowering springs/shocks/struts
-CC plates
-Good aftermarket UCA and LCAs
-Adjustable PHB or (better) the Whiteline or upcoming BMR Watt's link
-Subframes
-Good set of wheels/tires

Much MUCH better to do all that than a supercharger.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Dyno tune is not highly recommended, it is required or you WILL grenade your car. $3500 for that used kit... if that includes all the fuel stuff and every other little thing that usually nickels/dimes to death that is a good deal.

Honestly though, for a high schooler with a budget I would not supercharge it. The numbers you are already making out of that 3V are really good for that year. Also, what sort of suspension/wheel/tire setup do you have? If you are mostly stock suspension all you are going to do is spin your tires with a supercharger and probably are doing that now if you are on stockish suspension at 320rwhp.

-Subframes
-Lowering springs/shocks/struts
-CC plates
-Good aftermarket UCA and LCAs
-Adjustable PHB or (better) the Whiteline or upcoming BMR Watt's link
-Subframes
-Good set of wheels/tires

Much MUCH better to do all that than a supercharger.

I'm on stock wheels and tires. And I have a set of LCAs coming in the mail. And I almost home have enough enough save up for drag style set up for the wheels and tires. Thank you for the advice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion