Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My 2005 Mustang for $1,300

35K views 374 replies 77 participants last post by  doublec78 
#1 ·
Ok so I bought another mustang (in addition to my wife's). BUT this was pretty much a deal I couldn't pass up. Since I'm driving the Saturn right now, I think that this will make for a better daily driver than the Saturn, and I have every intention of either dropping a 5.0 into it, or if I'm too lazy I'll just flip it for a profit when I'm done. And it's kinda cool cause it's the same model and color as my wife's.

Story is I had a girl trade this 05 mustang in for a Jeep. After much arguing with my manager who wanted to give her $5k for her car, I convinced him to give her $1000 for it. Had to replace the battery in her Jeep and since we weren't making any money on the deal in the first place, boss said he was tacking it onto the cost of the trade making it $1200. I get to buy cars for $100 over our cost, hence $1,300 mustang.

It's Satin Silver exactly like my wifes, even has the same black stripe and all. V6 Automatic with red leather. Now let's get into the bad. This girl was the biggest pig you've seen in your entire life. Here's some pics from when I first traded the car in.

The disgusting trunk

And yes if you're wondering, those are thank god unused tampons laying in the back.

Day 1
So after getting a ****ing mask and gloves, I start emptying the trunk out.

Yes that is her nasty ass old underwear and bra in the trunk

Along with empty vodka bottles, fast food wrappers, and more I found 9 of these in the trunk. Apparently she would just eat yogurt, and toss the empty container into the trunk.

Day 2
Moved to the inside. Let us look at how disgusting this ***** was.
The film of dirt on every inch of everything

That's not discoloration, it's a film of dirty nasty **** over it.

Yep, that black **** is mold on the leather

And yes that white **** you see in the back of all the trash, had some mold in the carpet.

I don't even know how the **** she got stuff down into the shifter.

So I pull out the extractor and scrub brush and hit the carpet with hot water, and some chemicals.

Day 3
Decided to get to work on some of the interior stuff. Let us look at the E-brake. Groce!

Not perfect, but much better.

Now lettuce see what made me almost puke. I start using a screw driver to chip the stuck coins out of the drink holder.

But one of the detailers gave me some all purpose to spray in and leave it over night.

I come back and find that some of it has drained. Oh great, now it's a sludge and where did the liquid go? Well I put some gloves on and start feeling around to find that there is what appears to be a hole in the rear of the cup holder. But it isn't. There is apparently and insert in there I didn't know about.

What I found under the insert almost made me puke.
cup holder liquid - YouTube

So I took the wet vac and sucked it out, then got to cleaning.
cleaning the cupholders - YouTube

They came out pretty good.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Moving on to the dash...
So much groce

Film on everything

But after many much scrubbing and a lot of all purpose

^Not to bad!

See less See more
#85 ·
Well, car is gonna be out of commission for a little while. Drove it to Jacksonville Wednesday. I was pretty fortunate that nothing happened on the drive, but about the time I pulled into my parents neighborhood the headgasket blew. So I drove it into their driveway and there it sits. Had to ride back home with my wife. The good news is it's a project car and I still have something else to drive so I can take all the time in the world to fix it.

#86 ·
Geez! How many miles did it have? Glad you got it for 1300 now lol!!!

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

#87 ·
Coyote swap time?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#90 ·
Pulling the heads on the 4.0 is a little tricky. On the passenger side the timing chain is on the back so not much room to work on it with the engine in the car. Plus you have to make sure you degree the cams properly when reinstalling - mark them before you take anything off if you do it yourself.

#92 ·
Wow !!! What a SLOB.

I think $1000.00 was a good price to give the lady on her trade in. The dealer probably would have had to wholesale that car out and that is about all he would have gotten for it the way it was turned in.
Other then the filth the car did have other problems and over 100,000 miles.
Give her new Jeep some time and I'm sure it will be in the same disgusting condition.I also wonder what her house looks like.
I Sure hope she don't have "CATS":lol:
Ronnie

#94 ·
I think $1000.00 was a good price to give the lady on her trade in. The dealer probably would have had to wholesale that car out and that is about all he would have gotten for it the way it was turned in.
Other then the filth the car did have other problems and over 100,000 miles.
Give her new Jeep some time and I'm sure it will be in the same disgusting condition.I also wonder what her house looks like.
I Sure hope she don't have "CATS":lol:
Ronnie
Jeep is already on it's way to being disgusting. She was just here a few days ago and when I walked out to her jeep to take a picture with her, I noticed there were Mcdonald's bags in it and random school papers scattered all over. Nothing that couldn't be cleaned in 5 minutes, but a clear sign that it's on it's way to looking the same as the Mustang.

And no she doesn't have cats, she has two dogs, which is mostly why the leather is messed up in the passenger seat.

You should get a raise for saving your manager the extra ~$4k he was willing to give her.

Better yet, tell your manager that the money saved should go to your repair costs!
Lol, actually yesterday the guy that works right under the owner of our 19 lots was here, and he asked how my project was going. When I told him I was a little upset because the head gasket blew, and then a few hours later the big diamond fell out of my wife's engagement ring he goes, "Oh man that's terrible, well you worry about getting your wife's ring, and I'll take the service manager to take it easy on you and charge you as little as possible."

I thought it was funny, the top execs in the company are actually enjoying my pictures of turning this car around.

#96 ·
Wow. Glad I bought my 4.6 then lol! It was between the 05-09 v6 or 99-04 GT. I picked speed/fun over the upgraded interior and other bells & whistles.

#98 ·
New edges are easily one of the best looking mustang made. NPI's aren't my favorite though. But at least my engine didn't blow at 70k lol! Or 113k :(

#111 ·
Being military and having done dorm inspections... we have literally had to discipline people for being as bad or worse than this woman and make them attend mandatory hygeine classes. Wish that more people could be forced to do this.

Like... pizza crusts in boxes growing black mold because they had been left there since the last dorm inspection, piles of dirty clothes, animals being kept illegally in tanks/cages that weren't cleaned, stains everywhere, **** swirls in the toilet bowl and dried urine all over the toilet. One kid had wadded up tissues all around/under his computer desk. I dont' even want to know...

Some things really just need to be lit on fire to be clean.

#113 ·
Well, this morning I reserved a trailer with Uhaul. Tomorrow my step dad will be hooking the stang up behind his Tundra and towing it up to me. I found a shop that said either A) for $10 an hour I can use a bay in their shop and all their tools to fix my car or B) I can pay them $650-$700 and they will replace both head gaskets and check to see if the heads needs resurfaced. That's EXTREMELY good pricing so I'm dropping the car off at their shop Jan 2nd. Option A or B is still to be determined.

I did get a goody or two for the car for christmas. Wife bought me a shorty antenna like hers.

My sister said once I finished getting the interior restored I'll want to protect it from the sun, so she bought me a pretty cool Star Wars sunshade.

And my parents got my wife and I his & hers license plates for the front of the car.

Unfortunately, that's really all the updates for now. I should be able to start making significant progress again in about a week.

#114 ·
Since it's a v6 shouldn't they both say "hers"?

Lol jkjk, it looks really good and those prices you gave are really good. Let us know how everything goes and what you decided to do. Id DIY personally vs paying $700 but that's if you know what you are doing and know you can get out of there in a day or two. However... there is something to be said for heaving someone else do it if the price is right.

#117 ·
The 4.0 heads aren't easy to work on and get set up properly once you are done. Plus, to do it you really need to pull the engine to get to the back of the passenger side. That's why if you are going to pull the engine anyway, just get a used one and pop it back in. The used 4.0's are plentiful and cheap.

Given the condition of that car I would bet that the engine has more problems than you know at this point - and replacing head gaskets will be the least of your issues. In fact, once they pull the heads they may find that it needs a lot more work than they quoted you so far.

#120 ·
Wow you could go swimming in there jeez... Well hopefully its back on the road soon and you get the rearend issue fixed. At that point it should be good I'd hope.

#123 ·
Coyote swap time.

#124 ·
Coyotes are big money but....maybe a 408 Windsor might be fun...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.