Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My 2005 Mustang for $1,300

35K views 374 replies 77 participants last post by  doublec78 
#1 ·
Ok so I bought another mustang (in addition to my wife's). BUT this was pretty much a deal I couldn't pass up. Since I'm driving the Saturn right now, I think that this will make for a better daily driver than the Saturn, and I have every intention of either dropping a 5.0 into it, or if I'm too lazy I'll just flip it for a profit when I'm done. And it's kinda cool cause it's the same model and color as my wife's.

Story is I had a girl trade this 05 mustang in for a Jeep. After much arguing with my manager who wanted to give her $5k for her car, I convinced him to give her $1000 for it. Had to replace the battery in her Jeep and since we weren't making any money on the deal in the first place, boss said he was tacking it onto the cost of the trade making it $1200. I get to buy cars for $100 over our cost, hence $1,300 mustang.

It's Satin Silver exactly like my wifes, even has the same black stripe and all. V6 Automatic with red leather. Now let's get into the bad. This girl was the biggest pig you've seen in your entire life. Here's some pics from when I first traded the car in.

The disgusting trunk

And yes if you're wondering, those are thank god unused tampons laying in the back.

Day 1
So after getting a ****ing mask and gloves, I start emptying the trunk out.

Yes that is her nasty ass old underwear and bra in the trunk

Along with empty vodka bottles, fast food wrappers, and more I found 9 of these in the trunk. Apparently she would just eat yogurt, and toss the empty container into the trunk.

Day 2
Moved to the inside. Let us look at how disgusting this ***** was.
The film of dirt on every inch of everything

That's not discoloration, it's a film of dirty nasty **** over it.

Yep, that black **** is mold on the leather

And yes that white **** you see in the back of all the trash, had some mold in the carpet.

I don't even know how the **** she got stuff down into the shifter.

So I pull out the extractor and scrub brush and hit the carpet with hot water, and some chemicals.

Day 3
Decided to get to work on some of the interior stuff. Let us look at the E-brake. Groce!

Not perfect, but much better.

Now lettuce see what made me almost puke. I start using a screw driver to chip the stuck coins out of the drink holder.

But one of the detailers gave me some all purpose to spray in and leave it over night.

I come back and find that some of it has drained. Oh great, now it's a sludge and where did the liquid go? Well I put some gloves on and start feeling around to find that there is what appears to be a hole in the rear of the cup holder. But it isn't. There is apparently and insert in there I didn't know about.

What I found under the insert almost made me puke.
cup holder liquid - YouTube

So I took the wet vac and sucked it out, then got to cleaning.
cleaning the cupholders - YouTube

They came out pretty good.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Moving on to the dash...
So much groce

Film on everything

But after many much scrubbing and a lot of all purpose

^Not to bad!

See less See more
#214 ·
My 2007 Premium GT came with the Lumbar ctrl, TCS and Shaker 500 Stereo. But my Lumbar switch has stopped working, any ideas how to fix that?

#223 ·
Cool! I did not know all that. Because my wife has the exact same gauges, I just assumed it was standard. She doesn't have that aluminum dash though, hers looks like carbon fiber. I assume it's because it matches the black leather better. Different color schemes probably.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#246 ·
Love what you are doing with this thing, I really do. Every time I read it it makes me think "*******, I wonder if I could find something maybe not quite so gross but in similar shape for under $3k". Even a 05+ V6... Not like its not a Mustang that can't have XYZ swapped into it.

#247 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I didn't get anything done on mine over the weekend. What I did however do, was teach my wife how to replace her own alternator. Considering that the first time I took her to a junk yard she wore good jeans and sandals and said, "it's like a big yard.... full of junk," I'm actually really proud of her. The other week she fixed her own brake lights, this time replaced her alternator. Next thing you know she'll be swapping her own motor.

Taking the old alternator out

Putting the new alternator in.

I mostly just stood there and gave her directions, handed her the tools she needed, and I did help get the serpentine belt back on.

#251 ·
SEM makes good **** and laughs at Duplicolor.

#256 ·
In a post long, long ago, when you were removing the tint from the rear window, you used a "Turtle Wax Label & Sticker Remover". How did that work out for you? Would you recommend it? I took off the factory tape stripe from my car after it had been there over 3 years, and the residue of the glue just won't come off. Guy who works at a body shop recommended 3M adhesive remover. I was just wondering how the Turtle Wax product is, as a second option. I'm worried about affecting the car's paint.

#258 ·
So my wife never used my door sill plates. So I took them back, and cleaned them up. I ordered some decals for it, and with the help of windex and an exacto knife, did this:

I think it looks pretty cool even if it may be a little ricer. Will match the red leather well.

Cleaned out the door sill guard

And boom!

Then it was good bye to the old tiny 16" terribly ugly worst wheels Ford has ever made. And hello to the nicer newer 18" wheels. Great deal. The tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero all season. They go for about $500+ brand new. The wheels are AMR Silvers usually about $600. I picked them up from my buddy for $400. They may not be the best tires out there, but for my needs they feel so much smoother and nicer than previous.

Tires are almost brand new

Guys I'm not gonna lie here, I looked at the car today, and I'm finally kind of proud of how far it has come. From the inside, to the exterior. It still has more to go. I still need to repair a few things like the door panels, and the body, but it's really looking much better.

#281 ·
...Then it was good bye to the old tiny 16" terribly ugly worst wheels Ford has ever made. And hello to the nicer newer 18" wheels. Great deal. The tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero all season. They go for about $500+ brand new. The wheels are AMR Silvers usually about $600. I picked them up from my buddy for $400. They may not be the best tires out there, but for my needs they feel so much smoother and nicer than previous...
You have made such great progress with this car and I think that it's hot having your wife help with it. While I really like your new wheels (I have the gray versions), I have to say that the old wheels are some of what I consider to be some of the best looking wheels ever put on a V6. They were a copy of the Shelby wheels used in the 60s and you can get wider versions of them still. Keep up the good work and enjoy the car.

#259 ·
Its weird but sometimes you can see a car just... look happy. Like legit look happy. That is one happy car.

edit: Also, those sill plates are not rice at all, they look really good.

#262 ·
I saw a GT, the other day, in the same color combo as your car. If I had a GT or V6 I'd want that red leather, looks so good. There's a guy I know that has a VERY good looking convertible GT, white with a tan top and the red interior, it's one of those cars that you glance at and quickly look at again...
And to let you know your car is going down that road, keep it up. One of the nicest 05-09 mustangs I've seen, keep in mind I live in a town with a large mustang population, we even have a shinoda boss, here and those dudes are RARE...

Adventure till you drop

#265 ·
Now just a thought (don't know if this has already been mentioned), I think a pony package grill would look very nice on your car...

Adventure till you drop
So would the GT500 front clip... :whistling:

#268 ·
Wasn't aware of your other mustang the gt grill would be nice I think. I just took mine off my car and put a Roush billet grill in... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Black Bumper

It black and white because I'm a sucker for black and white pictures, just seems more beautiful to me, take out the color and you (at least I do) see more details than a colored picture. Then again my parents and woman say I'm an old soul...

Adventure till you drop

#269 ·
Wasn't aware of your other mustang the gt grill would be nice I think. I just took mine off my car and put a Roush billet grill in... View attachment 179008 View attachment 179009
It black and white because I'm a sucker for black and white pictures, just seems more beautiful to me, take out the color and you (at least I do) see more details than a colored picture. Then again my parents and woman say I'm an old soul...

Adventure till you drop
I love your front end. Looks great with that roush grill. Do you by any chance have your grill for sale with the fogs?

Also, that bottom lip, is it a part of the bumper? Looks like a california special lip?

#270 ·
Sorry but not for sale, I'm keeping all my parts for later in case I want to return the car back to stock when I get older (maybe 10+ years), I still have my stock intake for that very reason, has CAI now...
It's a Roush 427R so it's the Roush valance and front spoiler...

Adventure till you drop

#271 ·
Here's some better pictures of the front end... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

That's my best friend, one of them, in the car...
Getting ready to do wheels upgrade, the pervious owner didn't give a sh1t about the car so I've been working on bringing it back to its former glory, same as you, if you ask me...

Adventure till you drop

#272 ·
I understand. I'm really want fog lights, and I do like the pony package lights, I simply don't want to be too much an exact copy of my wife's.

Both are V6 premiums with leather, interior upgrade package, rocker stripes, black out panels... people already think I'm copying her :(

#274 ·
Lucky, my car had cloth interior before it was sent to Roush, but I do like the interior in it now (two tone leather charcoal with blue inserts, in other words, Roush interior), but your red leather comes in a close second, and if there's such a thing as an 11 GT/CS grabber blue manual with the saddle interior I'd buy it in a heartbeat...
My buddies 11 5.0 has it and I like it a lot... Land vehicle Car Vehicle Center console Steering wheel
it's just a beautiful shade of a tannish brown...

Adventure till you drop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.