Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My 2005 Mustang for $1,300

35K views 374 replies 77 participants last post by  doublec78 
#1 ·
Ok so I bought another mustang (in addition to my wife's). BUT this was pretty much a deal I couldn't pass up. Since I'm driving the Saturn right now, I think that this will make for a better daily driver than the Saturn, and I have every intention of either dropping a 5.0 into it, or if I'm too lazy I'll just flip it for a profit when I'm done. And it's kinda cool cause it's the same model and color as my wife's.

Story is I had a girl trade this 05 mustang in for a Jeep. After much arguing with my manager who wanted to give her $5k for her car, I convinced him to give her $1000 for it. Had to replace the battery in her Jeep and since we weren't making any money on the deal in the first place, boss said he was tacking it onto the cost of the trade making it $1200. I get to buy cars for $100 over our cost, hence $1,300 mustang.

It's Satin Silver exactly like my wifes, even has the same black stripe and all. V6 Automatic with red leather. Now let's get into the bad. This girl was the biggest pig you've seen in your entire life. Here's some pics from when I first traded the car in.

The disgusting trunk

And yes if you're wondering, those are thank god unused tampons laying in the back.

Day 1
So after getting a ****ing mask and gloves, I start emptying the trunk out.

Yes that is her nasty ass old underwear and bra in the trunk

Along with empty vodka bottles, fast food wrappers, and more I found 9 of these in the trunk. Apparently she would just eat yogurt, and toss the empty container into the trunk.

Day 2
Moved to the inside. Let us look at how disgusting this ***** was.
The film of dirt on every inch of everything

That's not discoloration, it's a film of dirty nasty **** over it.

Yep, that black **** is mold on the leather

And yes that white **** you see in the back of all the trash, had some mold in the carpet.

I don't even know how the **** she got stuff down into the shifter.

So I pull out the extractor and scrub brush and hit the carpet with hot water, and some chemicals.

Day 3
Decided to get to work on some of the interior stuff. Let us look at the E-brake. Groce!

Not perfect, but much better.

Now lettuce see what made me almost puke. I start using a screw driver to chip the stuck coins out of the drink holder.

But one of the detailers gave me some all purpose to spray in and leave it over night.

I come back and find that some of it has drained. Oh great, now it's a sludge and where did the liquid go? Well I put some gloves on and start feeling around to find that there is what appears to be a hole in the rear of the cup holder. But it isn't. There is apparently and insert in there I didn't know about.

What I found under the insert almost made me puke.
cup holder liquid - YouTube

So I took the wet vac and sucked it out, then got to cleaning.
cleaning the cupholders - YouTube

They came out pretty good.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Moving on to the dash...
So much groce

Film on everything

But after many much scrubbing and a lot of all purpose

^Not to bad!

See less See more
#318 ·
The 2010 has the 4.0 and 4.6.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#321 ·
Well technically 10-14 interior. There were some slight changes in the 13/14 years.

The 10 is the "05-09" driveline on the "11-14" chassis.

#323 ·
Easy way to tell from the outside is 1 exhaust pipe=4.0 and 2=3.7L. Unless the dude with the 4.0 converted to dual.

#330 ·
Last time I checked some places were starting to offer the Cyclones with harness and ecu for $2k. Depending on how hard it is to swap into an 05-10 v6 or even a 04 down V6 it could be one great swap.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#332 ·
I just read through the whole thread. Incredible transformation, I cannot believe those last pictures I am looking at, the paint looks nice and shiny and that may have been the worst interior on the internet. But before and after was incredible. Great work!

#335 ·
Any news on this thing?

#337 ·
I know, what made me think of it was a spectacularly nice 05-09 (not sure what year, guy didn't stop) V6 on base. I mean it looked GREAT and I'm like "damn, dude on ME got one of those for $3000 into it total".

#339 ·
Late to the party but I just wanted to say, WOW I am really impressed with what you did for this Pony. You have literally given her a breath of new life and she will continue to purrr for you for years to come.

Your work ethics are also really impressive. I applaud you sir! Keep it up!

#341 ·
So this should be going on pretty soon!

If you can see in that picture ^ just to the left of the front center, it's got some cracks that I'm working on filling in. Tis the Cervini's ram air hood.

So this giant crack has been pissing me off.

So I took a heat gun, and by heat gun I mean my sister's high powered hair dryer, and went to work on it.

And it's not great, but I was able to push the shape back out from the inside of the bunker. It looks a little better now, would like to try and bondo it up in the future.

Some fun news, I did finally get my new garage all cleaned out and got a tool box to work on the car now. Much nicer!

Working on cars is 100x easier when you're organized.

#346 ·
People who become the significant others of people like this chick are going to be just as big of slobs. They can live in filth together. I REALLY feel sorry for their kids if they have any because unfortunately ppl like this do manage to find the hole...

#347 ·
I remember reading through this when you first started, been gone for a while just read through this all again.. just absolutely amazing the transformation of this thing A+ work hard to tell it was even the same car ?

#350 ·
Well, got some birthday presents. It's been a while since I updated! Wife bought me the pypes true dual mid muffler system, and let me just say, that's where mufflers belong. I love it.

My step dad repaired a GT bumper for me to go with that dual exhaust.

Last ever pic with that ugly bumper on

Had to remove the tail light to get the new bumper on

New bumper on

Time to saw off that old exhaust

Time for the new

Pretty sure this was a pic of me cursing out American Muscle/Pypes for sending me the wrong size exhaust clamps

I don't know who snapped this pic or when they picked up my phone, but must have been my wife or mother. Me and my stepdad trying to get the exhaust to fit right. It was hours of trying to bend each piece right and finding that no matter what we did, something didn't fit right.

Getting the new hangars up for that LH exhaust... after tapping the holes we realized we put them on backwards the first time.

Wanted the tip out just enough to read the pypes logo, but not obnoxiously sticking out.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

oh and my apologies but it looks like I accidentally skipped my last update on here, I'll post that one shortly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.