Mustang Evolution Forum banner

For the first time saw my first 2015 stang and....

3K views 54 replies 14 participants last post by  XSlashDashX 
#1 ·
Saw my first 2015 Mustang in close up and took some pics. And I'm still not sold..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the car that's in the back center of the first picture lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
I wish Ford would just let those Faux gas caps die. They look horrible. If they were functional it would be a different story but they just have a 'ricey' look to them. Aside from that I honestly do not see a huge difference between the 2014's and 2015's. I would compare it to the differences between the 05-09s, 10-12's, and 13-14's. Sure there are some differences but I dont see how you love one and hate the other.

With that said after looking at the eco boosts on Fords website I noticed that they take premium fuel. I wonder based on the market that these cars are targeting if that will hurt sales. Makes you wonder why Ford didn't lower performance a little allowing them to run on regular fuel as I know other eco boost engines do run off of 87. Lucky for Ford gas prices are at a all time low so its off a lot of peoples minds but still begs the question if gas prices start to rise if that would have an impact on eco boost sales.

#4 ·
Its not that they are supposed to take premium, its that the power numbers they rate it at are at premium fuel. You can run 87 in it perfectly fine, if its like the 5.0 then the computer will automatically pull a tiny bit of timing to compensate, and make just a tiny bit less power. And now the ecoboost Ford is directly aiming toward Europe where they want the Mustang but also fuel efficiency, they have much better gas over there than us (more expensive than us, but better).

#7 ·
ecoboost requires premium and only runs on premium

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers

#10 ·
I was curious after thinking about it more and did a little more research and found a review by edmunds review of the ecoboost and they stated the below so apparently it can but it drastically reduces HP.

'There is one catch, however: the EcoBoost engine needs premium fuel to deliver its peak horsepower ratings. Put in regular gas and the EcoBoost can only muster 270 horsepower, although its torque output remains unchanged according to the engineers at Ford.'

#11 ·
+1 that's exactly where I heard of this before 91 being required

#14 ·
Back is ugly as Hell! Everytime I see it I cringe. Box looking euro car lol idk what it looks like >.<

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

#23 ·
My favorite thing about the 15's is that interior.. It's beautiful!

That's always been my complaint about new edges. Their interior. That almost was the reason I bought a newer v6 lol. Couldn't pass up the new edge looks though along with v8 sounds. New edge is a beautiful car other than the caveman interior.

#30 ·
I have a 15 GT, really don't think that the back glass is really any bigger than my 05 was. I didn't get the 50 years package just so I would not have the fake gas cap, the GT letters only is a much cleaner look. The interior is awesome in the 15, I'm 48 and have gotten used to the creature comforts my other vehicles have, nice to have them in the toy now too. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Rim

#32 ·
Irs hops a little when you break them loose, rides great but still feels solid in the corners. Power to spare, sits you back hard through 4th. I did get the 3.55 rear and the 20" P-Zeros, does not take much to rip them loose. Parked for the winter now, it's going to seem long.😂

#34 ·
I think the 15's look good for what they are. We all have our favorite generations and that's a good thing. You poor guys and your winters, I would hate to have to park my stang for months at a time. I get it though, I don't like driving my car in the rain even though I will if my wife's camry isn't available.

#39 ·
Look like it's got a big booty lol. Just reminds me of a the new Hyundai genesis coupe

#46 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.