Buy a project for cash and no car payment or buy a "done" car with a payment? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Although much easier said than done, I say just fight the temptation and wait. Get your bills paid off and let prices drop. Look for a cheaper hobby meanwhile, haha.

A

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #72
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Against my better judgement I PM'd the guy with the 95 Cobra for sale. Hopefully its sold lol. If not... I probably will not get it but I just really miss my 95 and I'm not sure how many more like this one are out there. Details on it are:

-95 Cobra SVT
-31k original miles
-Bone stock
-Garaged, seller says it looks brand new
-Crystal White with black leather (favorite combo and like the one I used to have)
$9k

I know its a great deal, I know every inch of these cars, I know parts are cheap, I know how to do every mod from interior teardown to motor build to the trans to the rear to all body panels etc...

I also feel with the other 95 that I "did it wrong" as in I did one too many... I guess hackjob mods to it instead of taking the time to spend a little more $$$ and do it completely right the first time and I'd love to get a mulligan in that regard I guess.

We'll see what happens. Like I said I probably won't wind up with it, a lot of things would have to fall into place but you never know.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Against my better judgement I PM'd the guy with the 95 Cobra for sale. Hopefully its sold lol. If not... I probably will not get it but I just really miss my 95 and I'm not sure how many more like this one are out there. Details on it are:

-95 Cobra SVT
-31k original miles
-Bone stock
-Garaged, seller says it looks brand new
-Crystal White with black leather (favorite combo and like the one I used to have)
$9k

I know its a great deal, I know every inch of these cars, I know parts are cheap, I know how to do every mod from interior teardown to motor build to the trans to the rear to all body panels etc...

I also feel with the other 95 that I "did it wrong" as in I did one too many... I guess hackjob mods to it instead of taking the time to spend a little more $$$ and do it completely right the first time and I'd love to get a mulligan in that regard I guess.

We'll see what happens. Like I said I probably won't wind up with it, a lot of things would have to fall into place but you never know.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #74
Staff
Regular
Staff

Guy with that Cobra seems like he kind of doesn't want to sell it so whatevs. And I know I keep saying no more modulars but this one is up for sale near me for $7k.

EXTERIOR:
ABCexclusive cobra bumper with lip
VIS carbon fiber hood 00 cobra R
Kaenen spoiler
Smoked headlights
Smoked foglights
Smoked tail lights and third brake light
Abcexclusive tonneau cover
99-04 GT fender badges
Black vinyl rear bumper cover lettering
Ford Racing hoodpins

INTERIOR:
Custom wrapped front and rear seats
FR500 steering wheel
Kenwood cd player
Door cups painted body color
Custom billiard ball shifter
New floor mats
New carpet(not installed)
98 center console with paint matched cupholders
ABCexclusive styling bar

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN/ETC:
PI heads
CompCams XE270ah cams
FRPP shorty headers
BBK off-road h-pipe
Flowmaster catback exhaust
Accufab plenum and throttle body(75mm)
BBK CAI
Polished rad cover
Polished Moroso coolant tank
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
SPEC stg2 clutch and pressure plate
FRPP 3:73 gears
NGK plugs
COP conversion kit
Steeda underdrive pullies

BRAKES/WHEELS/SUSP:
Powerslot front and rear rotors
Hawk front and rear pads
I WILL BE PUTTING ON OTHER WHEELS OR YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN
H&R supersport springs
MM caster/camber plates
Steeda x2 balljoints
MM bumpsteer kit

That's a damn good deal IMO but again, its like buying a finished product that someone else already did. Not like a few little things can't fix that tho.

We'll see. Tax returns are about to drop and the wife might murder me if I for real suggest getting another sports car haha.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That red one is whack. Just keep looking Scott. Patience is a virtue lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:21 PM   #76
Staff
Regular
Staff

What exactly is "whack" about it?

Old 01-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

That FR500 steering wheel for one!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:03 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

The vert, the rims, the hood, the 4.6 emblem...

Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, "whack" is bad? It used to be that "bad" meant good. "Ill" used to mean that someone was "sick" and now that is apparently good.
Anyhow, I'm just going to continue speaking the proper "Queens English" and let you guys sort out the definitions of all of that slang.

First dibs on the steering wheel though, Scotty, if you buy the car and decide that you don't really like the FR500 and want to change it back to stock. I hear that they kinda suck. Probably the guy that took it off of the FR500 didn't like it either. Pay no attention to the prices that people are asking for them on the internet... They're dreamers! You can't hardly give them away but I'm willing to help you out by taking it off of your hands.

I'm not really a convertible guy, but that car does look like a pretty good deal. That's a crap load of mods on it! I do wonder why that guy is so in love with the rims that they aren't included?
A car like that is just begging for a "low ball" offer of about 5 grand and I wouldn't move very far from that number. That's the nice thing about having both cash and time, you don't have to be in any hurry and you can find the car that is right for you and at the price that you want to pay.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
yes there are a lot of mods done to that car but nothing that is overly expensive. Would you have bought all the same mods or would you have chose different manufacturers and set ups?
7k is a lot of money and you could buy all those mods in one night of online shopping putting them on a (stock) mustang making it your own and knowing that it was done properly.
Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #81
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
The vert, the rims, the hood, the 4.6 emblem...

The VIS hood is one of the best ones out there and it being carbon fiber it is both lighter and stronger than fiberglass which is the whole point of a CF hood. Unpainted ones are retarded. I can't tell if the section of that hood is unpainted or just painted black to match the seats. Being a vert, the SN95 verts look great but that's all personal opinion. The 4.6 emblem, are you kidding? That's 5 minutes with a heat gun and right off. Rims are FR500s and a very popular rim but apparently the car would come with stockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Oh, "whack" is bad? It used to be that "bad" meant good. "Ill" used to mean that someone was "sick" and now that is apparently good.
Anyhow, I'm just going to continue speaking the proper "Queens English" and let you guys sort out the definitions of all of that slang.

First dibs on the steering wheel though, Scotty, if you buy the car and decide that you don't really like the FR500 and want to change it back to stock. I hear that they kinda suck. Probably the guy that took it off of the FR500 didn't like it either. Pay no attention to the prices that people are asking for them on the internet... They're dreamers! You can't hardly give them away but I'm willing to help you out by taking it off of your hands.

I'm not really a convertible guy, but that car does look like a pretty good deal. That's a crap load of mods on it! I do wonder why that guy is so in love with the rims that they aren't included?
A car like that is just begging for a "low ball" offer of about 5 grand and I wouldn't move very far from that number. That's the nice thing about having both cash and time, you don't have to be in any hurry and you can find the car that is right for you and at the price that you want to pay.
I know "crack is whack" but that's about it lol. The joke about the FR500s is that they are $500 new if you can find one. I have had multiple opportunities to buy them for that price in the last few years but never pulled the trigger because my wheels have always been good and if I was going to get a new steering wheel I'd recover one myself via the Redline kit which is just as good and is custom however I'd like it.

No idea about the rims either, that is odd since they aren't like... anything anyone couldn't buy right away unless he promised them to a friend or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
yes there are a lot of mods done to that car but nothing that is overly expensive. Would you have bought all the same mods or would you have chose different manufacturers and set ups?
7k is a lot of money and you could buy all those mods in one night of online shopping putting them on a (stock) mustang making it your own and knowing that it was done properly.
This is a car I've followed on other forums for a bit. The guy did it all correctly and yes there are a few mods that are overly expensive. The ABC front bumper and getting a body guy to fit it (they are notorious for needing work out of the box) like it does is one. Cams are $600 plus the $$$ to install them is going to bring that up to $1200 right there, PI swapped, the FR500, custom upholstery, etc... etc... In that condition stock that car would be a $4k car. Cost of all the mods done to that car is probably in the $4-$5k range if he did all the work himself, more with labor involved. So I'd say $6k would be a really fair price for it IMO. That's what I sold my blue one for and my blue one had a brand new transmission and the wheels/tires came with it.

Either way dude needs to get back to me. I'd still probably rather have the 30k mile Cobra especially if the guy came down to $8k but that guy hasn't got back to me either lol.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #82
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The VIS hood is one of the best ones out there and it being carbon fiber it is both lighter and stronger than fiberglass which is the whole point of a CF hood. Unpainted ones are retarded. I can't tell if the section of that hood is unpainted or just painted black to match the seats. Being a vert, the SN95 verts look great but that's all personal opinion. The 4.6 emblem, are you kidding? That's 5 minutes with a heat gun and right off. Rims are FR500s and a very popular rim but apparently the car would come with stockers.

I know "crack is whack" but that's about it lol. The joke about the FR500s is that they are $500 new if you can find one. I have had multiple opportunities to buy them for that price in the last few years but never pulled the trigger because my wheels have always been good and if I was going to get a new steering wheel I'd recover one myself via the Redline kit which is just as good and is custom however I'd like it.

No idea about the rims either, that is odd since they aren't like... anything anyone couldn't buy right away unless he promised them to a friend or whatever.

This is a car I've followed on other forums for a bit. The guy did it all correctly and yes there are a few mods that are overly expensive. The ABC front bumper and getting a body guy to fit it (they are notorious for needing work out of the box) like it does is one. Cams are $600 plus the $$$ to install them is going to bring that up to $1200 right there, PI swapped, the FR500, custom upholstery, etc... etc... In that condition stock that car would be a $4k car. Cost of all the mods done to that car is probably in the $4-$5k range if he did all the work himself, more with labor involved. So I'd say $6k would be a really fair price for it IMO. That's what I sold my blue one for and my blue one had a brand new transmission and the wheels/tires came with it.

Either way dude needs to get back to me. I'd still probably rather have the 30k mile Cobra especially if the guy came down to $8k but that guy hasn't got back to me either lol.

VIS you can see the Carbon fiber weave clearly from 5-10 feet away. The TruCarbon hoods looks damn near black at 5-10 feet, but get up close and you can see the beautiful CF weave. I'll probably be getting my CF hood from them.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #83
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
VIS you can see the Carbon fiber weave clearly from 5-10 feet away. The TruCarbon hoods looks damn near black at 5-10 feet, but get up close and you can see the beautiful CF weave. I'll probably be getting my CF hood from them.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Honestly for me I worry more about the fit/finish of any hood. If I did wind up getting this car and that section was unpainted and just cleared... I would be taking it to a shop to have that section color matched and sprayed. I hate unpainted CF hoods. I understand them on a racecar but on a street car... Complete rice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion