Mustang Evolution Forum banner

LCA bushing problem

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  WhiteCali5oh 
#1 ·
So lately I have been hearing a knock every time I go over speed stops, bumps, and slowly come to a complete stop. So I figured it was my LCA's they probably needed to be greased up. Well when I went to great my driver side rear lca the grease just started coming out of the side of the bushing. I took it out and found this :(

So im pretty sure I need new bushings or new control arms

See less See more
#2 ·
Those look like BMRs. If so, I'd get in touch with them and see if they'll do any sort of replacement. They're a pretty good company.

Why are they like that... Did you install them or was it a previous owner deal or a shop? Those do need to be torqued to a certain value, if they are too loose they can get boogered up. I can't tell you how many ppl think I'm a moron when I ask them "did you use a torque wrench?" on stuff like that. My old boss was a total dumbass about that sort of stuff.

Or they are BMR knockoffs and are just **** quality...

#5 · (Edited)
I bought them from AM and they came in a box with the BMR tape and stickers and etc. so they couldn't have been knock offs.

This is the 3rd set of bmr ' s I have seen like this.

I use have BMR also and no problems. Mine have been on the car dam near since it was new.

So I'm interested to know what is causing this.
Either poor install, poor greasing habits. Etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I installed them earlier this year around February or so. I am certain I installed the drivers side first then the passenger side. I did torque them down to 130 ft lbs and I greased them the first time 3 pumps of grease.

Then it kinda started squeaking so I made this thread a while back.
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t357891

Then it started to knock and creak instead of squeak like it used to. So I removed it and problem found.

Maybe I didn't grease it regularly cause I probably greased them up around 3-5 times this year since install.

This is also my daily driver so I do like to drive a bit hard.

Also just emailed BMR to see if they can send me some sort of replacement bushings.

#3 ·
This is the 3rd set of bmr ' s I have seen like this.

I use have BMR also and no problems. Mine have been on the car dam near since it was new.

So I'm interested to know what is causing this.
Either poor install, poor greasing habits. Etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
Could always go to the Whitelines too and probably not have bushing issues. They supposedly have their UCA/Mount sorted out too but that fiasco made a LOT of people gun shy.

#6 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Emailed them yesterday and got a reply back quick. They said they had a bad batch of bushings at one time and I might have some defective bushings so they are sending me all new ones.

So if you have some bad bushings just email or call them they will send you new ones.

#9 ·
Their reputation precedes them and its good to see they are living up to it.

#10 ·
Got my bushing's and installed them. Didn't take any pictures of the install cause my hands were coated in grease from removing the bushings.

The bushings were a bit difficult to seat into the LCA so I used my vise and a couple pieces of 2x4's to compress the bushings and rod back into the LCA. Looked brand new.

BMR is awesome they sent me a bunch of extra bushings too.

Now to check if I hear anything knock or creak again.

#11 ·
Good luck! Hopefully this will fix your problem! I'm very interested to know if this fixes the problem because we're putting the exact same LCA's on my fathers car and it'll be good to know if this fixes the issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.