Another ticket #MustangProblems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
Another ticket #MustangProblems

I'm currently fighting a ticket for Exhibition of Speeding, This was like 1 or 2 months ago.... Court isn't until Jan. 2015 and 2 nights ago I got another one.

22350 (a) VC - Unsafe Speed
22106 VC - Unsafe Start
23109 (c) - Exhibition of Speed
27150 (a) - Muffler Excessive (Loud exhaust)

First of all, I have stock mufflers... So... I don't know why I got that one. I told him my engine makes all the noise and he said if it's my engine, He'd impound my car... What?

Then I asked him if I was driving at an unsafe speed, What was my speed? he told me "It doesn't matter, But it looked fast".... Okay??

"Unsafe Start" What is this? Because I went WOT? Alrighty then....

Exhibition of Speed? Again? But I didn't peel out or anything, wtf?

He also threatened to issue me a citation for tandem driving because I had 2 friends following me... ?!?!

He was being a real ***.. I was talking to him respectfully, Then he mentioned my GoPros and said "Just like how you're recording, I'm also recording" and he pointed at his camera on his chest. he asked me for my license and registration and I told him, I have my license in my wallet and I'm going to reach for it. He was like "Well, That's what I asked you for, So why the hell are you telling me this?"... Uhh... Because I've had my gun pointed at me before and don't like that. "Do I have my gun pointed at you now?" "If I ask you for your license, I expect your license".

I guess this cop thought they were all the same. lol. Whatever....

How screwed am I? 2 Points current on my license, Exhbition of Speeding potentially and now all 4 of these citation...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Bro this is ****** up! Good thing you had your gopro on, save your recording (prior to being pulled over and your conversation) and play it in court when you have your hearing. Then ask the police officer, do you have a 'clear proof' I was going at xyz over the speed limit?

Take a lawyer friend with you if you have one, he might be able to pull out some harassment laws n stuff. Be like you're mentally stressed about that night and what not.. Sue em and get a c7 z06 corvette lool :p

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 12-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ugh.
Rush, you gotta slow down!
In your case, I think that it might be beneficial to consider hiring a good traffic lawyer for these infractions. Depending on your age, this is going to get expensive when you add up raised insurance rates, fines, lawyer fees, etc.
You really need to find a club that hosts some autocross events that allow drifting, so that you can go get your aggressions out on a race track instead of getting into trouble on the street all of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
I'm currently fighting a ticket for Exhibition of Speeding, This was like 1 or 2 months ago.... Court isn't until Jan. 2015 and 2 nights ago I got another one.

22350 (a) VC - Unsafe Speed
22106 VC - Unsafe Start
23109 (c) - Exhibition of Speed
27150 (a) - Muffler Excessive (Loud exhaust)

First of all, I have stock mufflers... So... I don't know why I got that one. I told him my engine makes all the noise and he said if it's my engine, He'd impound my car... What?

Then I asked him if I was driving at an unsafe speed, What was my speed? he told me "It doesn't matter, But it looked fast".... Okay??

"Unsafe Start" What is this? Because I went WOT? Alrighty then....

Exhibition of Speed? Again? But I didn't peel out or anything, wtf?

He also threatened to issue me a citation for tandem driving because I had 2 friends following me... ?!?!

He was being a real ***.. I was talking to him respectfully, Then he mentioned my GoPros and said "Just like how you're recording, I'm also recording" and he pointed at his camera on his chest. he asked me for my license and registration and I told him, I have my license in my wallet and I'm going to reach for it. He was like "Well, That's what I asked you for, So why the hell are you telling me this?"... Uhh... Because I've had my gun pointed at me before and don't like that. "Do I have my gun pointed at you now?" "If I ask you for your license, I expect your license".

I guess this cop thought they were all the same. lol. Whatever....

How screwed am I? 2 Points current on my license, Exhbition of Speeding potentially and now all 4 of these citation...
The muffler will for sure be thrown out.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 12-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The muffler will for sure be thrown out.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
That's assuming the rest of his exhaust is also stock. Longtubes for example, or a Catless midpipe are illegal in some states.

Take the recording and fight it. Worst case scenario is you lose and the tickets come at you anyway. If the cop doesn't show, it's typically thrown out.

As far as the speed, if he didn't clock you doing x speed or have his radar calibrated, that can be easily thrown out. The "unsafe start" you might be boned. Going WOT on startup is not a good idea. If anything they can call that disturbing the peace.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 12-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
That's assuming the rest of his exhaust is also stock. Longtubes for example, or a Catless midpipe are illegal in some states.

Take the recording and fight it. Worst case scenario is you lose and the tickets come at you anyway. If the cop doesn't show, it's typically thrown out.

As far as the speed, if he didn't clock you doing x speed or have his radar calibrated, that can be easily thrown out. The "unsafe start" you might be boned. Going WOT on startup is not a good idea. If anything they can call that disturbing the peace.

If I remember right his exhaust is stock

Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Judging by the pictures and videos i've seen on instagram, an easy way to not get tickets is to change your driving style. Don't do burnouts and donuts everywhere like an ***.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 12-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just get a good lawyer and they'll all get thrown out with all the info you just said, promise!!

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Old 12-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418685614.913798.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	171944

Lol xD

Old 12-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Don't drive like an idiot and complain when you get cited. Its part of the game. As much as i hate it how i got a few tickets one time from peeling out, i broke the law, i got caught. Now i'm dealing with it. Not putting it onto the officer saying he is a pig who shouldn't pull me over because i have a Mustang and its my Mustang right to drive stupid.

HID end all thread
Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
Attachment 171944

Lol xD

Lmao.

And btw, I only have BBK shorty headers and F/R Xpipe... On stock mufflers. Neither of those made a big difference in sound...

It's the engine that roars now, I'm not sure if it was the TB or the CAI. You can definitely hear it from a block away, but it definitely isn't the exhaust.

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Lmao.

And btw, I only have BBK shorty headers and F/R Xpipe... On stock mufflers. Neither of those made a big difference in sound...

It's the engine that roars now, I'm not sure if it was the TB or the CAI. You can definitely hear it from a block away, but it definitely isn't the exhaust.

It's your engine with a CAI! I was pushing it on street last year when I got pulled over - well the cop was next block and he could hear someone goosing their car. I was already under the speed limit when he pulled behind me. He goes dude it could hear from a block and saw you speeding away. I didn't have my radar on, else I would have given you a ticket.

I had stock mufflers and a CAI on my m6 3.7

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 12-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao.

Lol the CAI and TB won't make it much louder at all on a V6 it's obviously your exhaust and Axleback lol, like I said, get a lawyer to go in for all your tickets and you will win 95% of the time

Old 12-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
Lol the CAI and TB won't make it much louder at all on a V6 it's obviously your exhaust and Axleback lol, like I said, get a lawyer to go in for all your tickets and you will win 95% of the time

I don't have an axle back.
Stock mufflers.

And I already hired one.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If he never clocked you then that won't hold up. You'll get most of it thrown out. Stop driving like an *** in tandem with other ppl and go-pros. You might as well be waving a red "come **** me with a ticket" flag for any cop having a bad night.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If he never clocked you then that won't hold up. You'll get most of it thrown out. Stop driving like an *** in tandem with other ppl and go-pros. You might as well be waving a red "come **** me with a ticket" flag for any cop having a bad night.
Definitely. If you frequent that area, they're going to be watching for you too from now on. So tread lightly unless you want to be lit up every time you turn around.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 12-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Definitely. If you frequent that area, they're going to be watching for you too from now on. So tread lightly unless you want to be lit up every time you turn around.

I washed my car today, when I wash my car, I drive slow.

Gotta watch out for bumps now, as 1 of the bumps dropped my splash guard and is rubbing bad, so I'm gonna change it and stop speeding due to lowered stang.

That doesn't mean ima stop doing donuts whenever there's flat ground and I feel like doing donuts lol.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #18
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
here I'm worried about q possible red light ticket and rushgotti is like FTW
Old 12-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
here I'm worried about q possible red light ticket and rushgotti is like FTW
... Man.... I got stopped like 2 weeks back too.... They got me out of the car and cuffed me because they said I looked like I wanted to fight them...

I told them I didn't want to fight and asked why I was being pulled over in the first place, He said we would talk about it in a bit and that "If I say you look like you want to fight me, You look like you want to fight me, So keep quiet".

Then they got a domestic violence call and he uncuffed me and told me to get the hell out of there and that I'm lucky I'm leaving without a ticket...

That one was for going WOT too I'm assuming, He didn't get to tell me.

This is what my car sounds like....

Now you be the judge, Is that the exhaust?

Edit: Well this was before shorty headers / X-Pipe but it sounds pretty much the same.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:46 AM   #20
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
That doesn't mean ima stop doing donuts whenever there's flat ground and I feel like doing donuts lol.
That's the kind of thinking/acting that's getting you these tickets.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
Old 12-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #21
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Old 12-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:

With this, the cops will continue to give you tickets.

In reading the posts, I actually thought you were being targeted by the police. Now, I'm not so sure...
Old 12-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

lol gotti your not helping yourself with this thread 😂😂😂😂 just remember it's all about money

Old 12-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Who the hell actually does donuts now days, Are you 8?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #25
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

I was being a real ***..
fixed that for you!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If these types of things continue to happen to you, you really need to take a look in the mirror. The police aren't pulling you over for no reason, and people don't end up in hand cuffs for no reason. Just stop it.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

We were all thinking it. Rap beat me to it lol.

Also, when Rush gets pulled over again all he has to do is say "but officer its just a V6!"

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
This thread made me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #29
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
This whole time i thought it was a 5.0
Old 12-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Another ticket #MustangProblems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

There is a club in Sacramento,
They call it "all gas no brakes". Except literally all they do is donuts everywhere. That's it.

I don't talk with anyone in that group anymore

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 12-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds waaaay too ghetto for my tastes lol

Old 12-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

Anything else posted like the stuff I just deleted is going to earn the offending parties a vactation.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion