93 Fox with 43,000 miles for $1200 on CL... Hmmmm... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
93 Fox with 43,000 miles for $1200 on CL... Hmmmm...

1993 Mustang Lx 43k Original Miles

4 banger stanger with bad trans. Not a fan of blue interior but those miles for that price. I'm really thinking of emailing this person. Black seats and carpet would really help it look better. I haven't had a fox in like 10 years and I'd prefer a notch but if there was any time to do it...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Me gusta! It's silver!

2010 Grabber Blue GT
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

From the pics it looks like its in really good shape. Every now and then on one of the forums I belong to someone finds a 30-50k mile 4 banger that was some old lady's sunday driver for the last 20 years. Didn't think I'd find one an hour away. I emailed the person, might go look at it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

4 banger stanger with bad trans. Not a fan of blue interior but those miles for that price. I'm really thinking of emailing this person. Black seats and carpet would really help it look better. I haven't had a fox in like 10 years and I'd prefer a notch but if there was any time to do it...
It is your money but for that low price and your obvious want to get into mustangs again "why not" comes to mind

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah and I have the tools and the room to rip the whole shebang apart and start working on making it a roller ready to drop a Coyote and drivetrain into. Does not have to be a right away project. I just want to have something again and its been a looooooooooong time since I've had a fox.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nah don't get it. Might as well just find a 5.0 and save yourself a lot of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
Nah don't get it. Might as well just find a 5.0 and save yourself a lot of time

Yep, there is that thought too.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep, there is that thought too.

I'm sure you'd rather buy bolt ons instead of an engine and tranny swap read end swap and THEN bolt ons.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd also rather not have a $500/mo payment and then the insurance on top of that... There are pluses and minuses to building it or buying it.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
A coyote in a notch would be absolutely savage. My dream build, but never could I ever find a clean notch. That's clean!
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its a hatch tho lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 12-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Nobody said you HAVE to build a car.
You can also just buy any car and drive it for what it is.

I think we forget that sometimes lol

Old 12-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #13
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Its a hatch tho lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It would still be uber badass

2010 Grabber Blue GT
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #14
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
Looks like it's in pretty good shape, and pretty good price. only about 10 minutes from me. One of the easiest transplant vehicles you can get. Hmmm, another nice swap would be the new ecoboost 2.3, modern day SVO
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
Looks like it's in pretty good shape, and pretty good price. only about 10 minutes from me. One of the easiest transplant vehicles you can get. Hmmm, another nice swap would be the new ecoboost 2.3, modern day SVO
Lol buy it before I do something stupid like go buy it haha. Doubt there will be any swap kits for the 2.3L but I guarantee someone will find a wrecked 2015 4 banger in a few years and use it as a donor to make a modern "SVO" in a fox.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I'm sure you'd rather buy bolt ons instead of an engine and tranny swap read end swap and THEN bolt ons.

Also, a Coyote and a 4R70w would be held in by 4 bolts lolol. Kind of scary whe you think about that sometimes. Wanna hear something scarier? Most jet engines on airliners/transports are only held on by 3...

Quote:
Nobody said you HAVE to build a car.
You can also just buy any car and drive it for what it is.

I think we forget that sometimes lol

Totally agree but we're also talking about having a $500/mo payment and THEN bolt ons. I'm the only one working right now and while we have the money to do stuff... when I get the cars paid off next year having that money freed up will be really nice. On the flipside, a car payment isn't forever and a well kept S197 is going to last a loooong time. Hell with some of the nice SN95/Edges still out there from 15-20 years ago and how far we've come since then as far as vehicle build quality...

Old 12-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
Registered Member

I did a 5.0 transplant into a 84 Notch, originally equipped with the lame 3.8 V6, back in the early 90's. The fox platform, had been around for so long, it was the easiest to do any swap into. Can you imagine a new 2.3 ecoboost with its lightweight, and the lightweight of the fox body, with the power capability of the ecoboost, and then add in the IRS from the S95 Platform? Hmm could make for a fun and fuel efficient car with excellent handling and power capabilities.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #18
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
FoxBody

If you're thinking ecco boast, why not the late model V6?
It starts at the same HP and with a couple of bolt on's your making more HP than the ecco boast and could probably get everything you need from the junkyard.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
If you're thinking ecco boast, why not the late model V6?
It starts at the same HP and with a couple of bolt on's your making more HP than the ecco boast and could probably get everything you need from the junkyard.
The Eco-Boost has more potential than the V6, and it's also lighter, plus would make for a unique car along the lines of a Fox I recently saw built with a donor Shelby GT500 car. EVentually, the mods will be available for larger turbo's, and the fact that it already comes with turbo, makes it that much easier to make more power with more boost. Adding a V6, is equivalent to adding V8, with smaller displacement, and less power potential, plus the eco-boost would make a killer sleeper car!
Old 12-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Depends on what you want. A project car or a DD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

no notch no care

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Also notchbacks are better looking than the hatch

Old 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Notches are better looking and lighter and the separation of the trunk and the passenger compartment is even better for a track car since your bottles and fuel cells and batteries are all nice and out of the way.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

I had a 92Lx 5.0 vert that color with black interior sweet color combo. You should do the coyote swap put a cowl hood and cobra wing and have one smooth looking sleeper. You have the knowledge and tools to do it. Cash for car, cheap insurance, freedom from car note and running just as or faster as the 11-15's. also at the track and or car meets the attention will be on your car. Almost anyone can sign a note. Or trash the idea and get your old mans vette

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Theres something to be said about driving a "built not bought" car. Any yuppie can go do a dealer with daddy's credit card and become a badass... Real car guys see that fox at a meet with the swapped in engine, and that's a proud moment.

I think if you have the space and tools to tear into it, then get it. Even if you cant afford a coyote, get a 5.3 vortec from an ol chevy truck. Its almost a better engine, and its about 1% of the price lol. Plus its a popular swap and there are kits for it readily available on the internet. You could build the next beater bomb haha.

Its a way better way to go fast than buying a new one. Instead of a $500 car payment, you could buy a nitrous kit after the first month. Then next year, you can supercharge and tune it.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Coyote is $2500 from multiple JYs. The Ford swap harness makes putting on in a 4 banger car almost Army proof. That would be the route I would go if I ever got another fox.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

$2,500 bucks for a cyote is pound for pound the best buy. I don't care what anyone says. The lsx motors are nice... But they require a lot of money in HCI, where the coyote is savage from the start, and will put down 420hp with $500 worth of bolt ons. I always wanted to do a ls swap in my 94, but for the amount of money I'd spend on a kit. The coyote would just be a much better deal.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
$2,500 bucks for a cyote is pound for pound the best buy. I don't care what anyone says. The lsx motors are nice... But they require a lot of money in HCI, where the coyote is savage from the start, and will put down 420hp with $500 worth of bolt ons. I always wanted to do a ls swap in my 94, but for the amount of money I'd spend on a kit. The coyote would just be a much better deal.
For a 94/95 car you get a strim and call it a day IMO. And honestly the lsx swap is still more cost-effective. L33 and a cam swap is 375 rwhp and has stronger internals. There are custom harnesses and all the swap stuff for mustangs too.

But yes the coyote is nasty and a lot ppl don't like cross platform swaps for some reason.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For a 94/95 car you get a strim and call it a day IMO. And honestly the lsx swap is still more cost-effective. L33 and a cam swap is 375 rwhp and has stronger internals. There are custom harnesses and all the swap stuff for mustangs too.

But yes the coyote is nasty and a lot ppl don't like cross platform swaps for some reason.
True.. But, you don't get that 8k red line that the cobra jet/boss302 intake get. And I am a firm believer that the high revs are an advantage in the quarter mile. Yes the ls motors are durable as nails, but I know a few people that based there ls builds on vortec blocks, and have issues with the valve train ticking like crazy. The ls motors are no slouch, but I'm a big fan of the dohc modular motors, like the 99-04 cobra motors and 11+ coyotes. They make a demonic sound only a 4v can make.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion