Ford Dealership Hookup in Orlando, FL? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Wink Ford Dealership Hookup in Orlando, FL?

Ok. Let me strt by saying I know what I about about to say is pathetic; however I am begging and pleading here....

Does anyone have a Ford Dealership hookup in Orlando Florida? Or near it? I was a fool and about a year ago traded in my 2008 ford Mustang GT for a 2012 Ford mustang v6. Yes the v6. I have been kicking my self ever since!

I am a bit underwater on my car. So to move to a 2012 Mustang GT it will take a hook up at a ford dealership.

If any of you have "the hookup" or happen to own a dealership and feel my pain, then please private message me or reply here!

Please help a young mans dream of hearing that V8 roar once again come true!


As you can see I have tried to make the best of my 2012 V6. Here is an image of it.
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
sid719e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 436
That's a great looking car. Any way, if you owe more than your car is worth, it will probably take more than a "hook-up" to get you where you need to be. Especially if you're trying to get a used GT. Banks aren't as forgiving when trying to finance used if you have negative equity applied to the car you're trying to get. Most lenders will finance 120% of the value of a new car. When it comes to used? You can forget that, unless of course it's a lender offering astronomical interest rates. I'm sure there are exceptions, there always are. Do you have any cash to put down?
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid719e View Post
That's a great looking car. Any way, if you owe more than your car is worth, it will probably take more than a "hook-up" to get you where you need to be. Especially if you're trying to get a used GT. Banks aren't as forgiving when trying to finance used if you have negative equity applied to the car you're trying to get. Most lenders will finance 120% of the value of a new car. When it comes to used? You can forget that, unless of course it's a lender offering astronomical interest rates. I'm sure there are exceptions, there always are. Do you have any cash to put down?
Good advice. But I'll go ahead and tell you what you don't want to hear.

Get out from underneath your current loan and build your credit. You'll just be digging a deeper hole with the GT right now.

Just be patient and ride out your decision for a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Good advice. But I'll go ahead and tell you what you don't want to hear.

Get out from underneath your current loan and build your credit. You'll just be digging a deeper hole with the GT right now.

Just be patient and ride out your decision for a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Best advice ever! You are right if I move to a GT now I will just be underwater agian. Then it will just be a never ending cycle. I am putting an end to that cycle NOW! Once my car is paid off or close to it I will get a GT. Then I will start a new cycle of being in the positive every time I change cars

PS> As of today I am happy with my 6 now! Check out my most recent post on this forum. Flowmaster Super 44 and Original 40 2014 Mustang V6!

I feel my car looks great. But NOW as of today it sounds great! It sounds just like a stock 1995 Mustang GT 5.0 (except at WOT then it changes to a old school muscle car/NASCAR sound. Which is still a GREAT sound)

I could not be happier
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
paintmann111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New London
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 549
That was a fast 180. Glad to hear you like the v6.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
iguanaman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bokeelia
Region: Florida
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
That was a fast 180. Glad to hear you like the v6.
I'm sure you have heard it before but the Cyclone in not your ordinary V6.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
That was a fast 180. Glad to hear you like the v6.
yeah dude this is something I've been complaining about everybody I know for quite some time. yesterday friend of mine that owns an exhaust shop got tired of hearing me complain and claim he can get a sound out of the car that I would like if I would bring the car in and let him work on it. let's just say he did not disappoint. I mean don't get me wrong if I could get a good enough deal I would switch to a GT in a heartbeat.

It would just take meeting the owner of a Ford dealership to get the deal I need to switch to a GT. I mean the severe problem is , I owe 17 on my mustang. Now thats including the Ford Premium ESP. (Goes to 100k miles) I just don't see that happening. I am not good enough of friends with a Ford dealer to the point where he would basically give me retail for my car.
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Ford Dealership Hookup in Orlando, FL?

If you want a GT keep your eye out and visit dealerships and see what they will do for you. You never know if a car has been sitting on the lot for a while they may make you a deal just to move it.

They key is to focus on the deal and don't impulse buy the car. Go look at the car if you like it look at the numbers, if they make sense do it if not you have to be willing to walk away. The key is to focus on the numbers and don't let emotions get involved.

When I bought my mustang it took 3 dealers but I found one with a car I wanted that was willing to give me what I owed on a car I bought 4 months prior because they wanted to move the Mustangs. That was in addition to all discounts and incentives on the new car.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
well if someone responds in this form. saying something like hey I know a guy who can get you the deal you need I'll look into it other than that I've tried just about everything
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinkli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Honestly OP, I sell cars, and let me just tell you that what you are trying to do, is a TERRIBLE decision. A hook up at a dealership isn't what it's about either. When it comes to negative equity, it's the bank you need the hook up with.

That being said, it's truly a terrible idea. You will only put yourself even more upside down than you already are. You need to pay on this until you at the very least reach the break even point. When you have reached a point where you owe what your car is worth, PM me and I will get you the hook up. Until then, put a nice exhaust on your car and make the most of it.

You'll appreciate it when your credit is even better than it is now, and you have a 1.99% apr on your mustang GT in a year or two.
__________________

My 2005 Mustang for $1,300 Thread:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t361292/
austinkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinkli View Post
Honestly OP, I sell cars, and let me just tell you that what you are trying to do, is a TERRIBLE decision. A hook up at a dealership isn't what it's about either. When it comes to negative equity, it's the bank you need the hook up with.

That being said, it's truly a terrible idea. You will only put yourself even more upside down than you already are. You need to pay on this until you at the very least reach the break even point. When you have reached a point where you owe what your car is worth, PM me and I will get you the hook up. Until then, put a nice exhaust on your car and make the most of it.

You'll appreciate it when your credit is even better than it is now, and you have a 1.99% apr on your mustang GT in a year or two.
This right here is why my buddy who owns an exhaust shop went to work on my car to give me a sound out of the car I would love. So I am content with it now. Just this past day friend of mine GT owners have flat out said "I heave never heard a six sound like that! It sounds amazing." As I said before she now sounds just like a 1995 gt 5.0 would I prefer a GT? sure! But I am content until I can get one without being underwater.
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlueBellThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bordentown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 41
I'm glad your happy with what you have for now. Remember there will always be cars out there that are faster then what you have. At least with a 300 hp v6 you have a car that is faster than most cars on the road. I remember when I bought my 2010 GT then 6 months later the 5.0 comes out and the v6 has about the same hp. I didn't let it bug me since if I would have had the altitude I should have waited then you'll get stuck in cycle of the next best thing is just around the corner and you'll never enjoy what you currently have. IMHO the best thing you can do is wait until the car is fully paid off then get a GT. At least your current car would make a nice down payment. That's what I've been doing the last 15 years. And I believe you mentioned having an extended warranty. Personally I would keep the car until the warranty ends. I know it's transferable but it won't get much in resale.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinkli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681 View Post
This right here is why my buddy who owns an exhaust shop went to work on my car to give me a sound out of the car I would love. So I am content with it now. Just this past day friend of mine GT owners have flat out said "I heave never heard a six sound like that! It sounds amazing." As I said before she now sounds just like a 1995 gt 5.0 would I prefer a GT? sure! But I am content until I can get one without being underwater.
Good for you sir. I didn't read your whole thread before posting. Glad to hear you are happy with it for now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________

My 2005 Mustang for $1,300 Thread:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t361292/
austinkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 147
There is no such thing as a "Hook Up" because you know somebody. Dealers need to make a profit, they can't skip paying the bills because they Hook Up people with money losing deals. I always get the best deals working with complete strangers, then I don't worry about offending or damaging a "hook up" or ruining things with the old "I gotta guy" guy. I tried that route a few times and paid more than when I just walked in knowing no one.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear speaker / Amp hookup Polar Bear 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 05-30-2013 07:21 PM
Amsoil hookup question! Oil knowledge needed!!! SolidRRaxle 2011-2014 Mustang GT 22 03-19-2013 03:57 PM
05 iPod hookup anthonyrc618 2005-2010 Mustang GT 19 01-28-2013 04:59 PM
Ipod hookup for mach460? CrimsonGT Mustang Audio & Video 8 12-31-2011 07:28 PM
B&M Ratchet shifter hookup PJB 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 09-04-2006 07:58 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.