Transmission Shops in monmouth county nj? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Transmission Shops in monmouth county nj?

Is there any transmission shops in the area anyone recommends? My transmission has been acting up lately and slipping, i have a 2011 automatic v6 and it revs up when switching gears.. When shifting up that is, and when it downshifts when i floor it the car just kinda goes quiet then will come back in a couple seconds, its really weird and the high speed down shifting is what bothers me
Most. The downshifting problem appeared after i tuned it witha bama handheld tuner. It slipped even before tuning it, but when i tune it gets worse and than slowly goes back to the way it was before (possibly having to due with the fact the transmission learns your shifts? Im really really tempted to just put a mt82 in it. Anyways if anyone knows a good shop in the central jersey area (union county, monmouth etc) id really appreciate it. Is it a good idea to take it to the dealer? They seem SUPER expensive and my car is out of warranty with 63k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
Is there any transmission shops in the area anyone recommends? My transmission has been acting up lately and slipping, i have a 2011 automatic v6 and it revs up when switching gears.. When shifting up that is, and when it downshifts when i floor it the car just kinda goes quiet then will come back in a couple seconds, its really weird and the high speed down shifting is what bothers me
Most. The downshifting problem appeared after i tuned it witha bama handheld tuner. It slipped even before tuning it, but when i tune it gets worse and than slowly goes back to the way it was before (possibly having to due with the fact the transmission learns your shifts? Im really really tempted to just put a mt82 in it. Anyways if anyone knows a good shop in the central jersey area (union county, monmouth etc) id really appreciate it. Is it a good idea to take it to the dealer? They seem SUPER expensive and my car is out of warranty with 63k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Try the transmission shop first. At the very least have them completely flush the fluid and put new in even if they don't find anything obviously wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
...It slipped even before tuning it, but when i tune it gets worse and than slowly goes back to the way it was before (possibly having to due with the fact the transmission learns your shifts? Im really really tempted to just put a mt82 in it. Anyways if anyone knows a good shop in the central jersey area (union county, monmouth etc) id really appreciate it. Is it a good idea to take it to the dealer? They seem SUPER expensive and my car is out of warranty with 63k miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Try the transmission shop first. At the very least have them completely flush the fluid and put new in even if they don't find anything obviously wrong.

Hey Ferr - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your trans. I swear this has to be maybe the 3rd or 4th time I've seen someone post about auto trans issues in the past few weeks. Just like Joey said I would try to track down a good shop in your area to have them get it flushed and see if it persists. If it's still acting up I might even have it looked at with a local dealer.

Sorry I wasn't much help on locating a shop!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Ferr - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your trans. I swear this has to be maybe the 3rd or 4th time I've seen someone post about auto trans issues in the past few weeks. Just like Joey said I would try to track down a good shop in your area to have them get it flushed and see if it persists. If it's still acting up I might even have it looked at with a local dealer.

Sorry I wasn't much help on locating a shop!

Alex
Wow really? I always thought these transmissions were really durable, not to bash on them at all i just wasn't expecting mine to act up so much already. Hopefully its just a fluid change like you guys are saying, or something minor.
Ferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Wow really? I always thought these transmissions were really durable, not to bash on them at all i just wasn't expecting mine to act up so much already. Hopefully its just a fluid change like you guys are saying, or something minor.
Absolutely! If you're to either search here or on Google you'll definitely see a few threads or articles on them. I think it's really odd that Ford never issues any type of TSB (TechServiceBulletin) on them. I've been in a few where it's just downright disconcerting! I hope you're able to get it worked out on your end!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion