Thought I'd share pics of my successful Push-to-Start/Remote start install! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Thought I'd share pics of my successful Push-to-Start/Remote start install!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my recent upgrade to the Mustang, my new Push-to-Start/Remote Start kit. I absolutely love it. The install was flawless (no I didn't do it), it looks just about factory, and it's awesome in general.

I get within 5 feet of the car, the doors unlock. I walk away, the doors lock. If I leave the lights on and walk away, the horn honks. If I leave the trunk open or a door cracked on accident and walk away, the horn honks. Lots of other neat little features.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PushButtonSteering.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	174447   Click image for larger version

Name:	PushButtonClose.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	174448  

Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Looks really clean. What's the kit and how much did the kit + install cost?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Very cool. What year/trim mustang do you have? Looks like a base model 2013/14? And can you give a link?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Looks really clean. What's the kit and how much did the kit + install cost?

Digital Guard Dawg - iKEY-RS

They go on sale every year during the SEMA show for $300-$350 which is what I paid for mine, along with $300 for the install. I know its a lot, but I like it, so it didn't bother me. There were like 3 modules and 8,000 wires, no way in hell I was going to attempt it Lol.
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Very cool. What year/trim mustang do you have? Looks like a base model 2013/14? And can you give a link?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2014 V6 AT. Link in my other response which for whatever reason has to be approved by a mod.

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/auto...key-rs/product

They go on sale during SEMA every year for $300-$350, install was $300 but also included working with 3 modules and about 8000 wires, so I was totally okay with that price. Lol
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Looks good. Also curious on price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
My comment with the link got deleted, so I'm assuming I'm not allowed to post a direct link, maybe? The kit itself costs $700 (wtf?) from the company but they go on sale every year for $300-$350 during SEMA, which is when I snagged one. Install cost $300 which I had no problem with because there was about 8000 wires and 3 modules to install, and I wouldn't be brave enough to attempt it - not even close. Lol.

The company that makes the combo kit is called Digital Guard Dawg and it's their 2Go Keyless RS model.

Also, yeah, its a 2014 V6 AT Base.
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Neat little feature. It's not one of those silly ones where you have to have the key in the ignition before the button will start the car is it? I've always found those pointless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Is this the right link?

Digital Guard Dawg - iKEY-RS

Looks very intriguing. Time to do some thinking! Also, which button style is yours? I don't seem to see it on their website.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 AM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Neat little feature. It's not one of those silly ones where you have to have the key in the ignition before the button will start the car is it? I've always found those pointless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I'm interested in this also. I would like something like this. Idk about that non-sale price though. Kind of steep.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooolbreeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 789
Pricey indeed. Still like it though.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Wow. Might have to snag one of these kits.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Its a very neat kit, lots of button choices and whatnot. Someone asked about the key being in -

In order for a real push to start to be installed (other than factory) one of your keys is cut and put in the tumbler to permanently disengage the steering wheel lock. So technically the key is in there before I push the button Haha.

I agree, the non-sale price is crazy.
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Is this the right link?

Digital Guard Dawg - iKEY-RS

Looks very intriguing. Time to do some thinking! Also, which button style is yours? I don't seem to see it on their website.
The button style is a hybrid between Lexus and Nissan. They offered it to me free because of military service. Its fairly new, so not on the site yet
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.Cortina View Post
Its a very neat kit, lots of button choices and whatnot. Someone asked about the key being in -

In order for a real push to start to be installed (other than factory) one of your keys is cut and put in the tumbler to permanently disengage the steering wheel lock. So technically the key is in there before I push the button Haha.

I agree, the non-sale price is crazy.
Yeah, cool features but I'm out with cutting keys or having to put the key in anyway. Might as well take the extra half second and turn the key lol.

I suppose since you got it cheap it's no biggie though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651
This is pretty neat. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Yeah, cool features but I'm out with cutting keys or having to put the key in anyway. Might as well take the extra half second and turn the key lol.

I suppose since you got it cheap it's no biggie though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Its not bad, I had a spare $25 clone made and they cut that to engage the tumbler. I don't ever have to touch it or anything, it's just in there. Plus the sensors are super helpful if you've got your hands full
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
With all this electronics business (3 modules) and the key being permanently in, I'm wondering if this will get in the way of loading tunes? Jordan - are you tuned? If not, can anyone speculate whether the ability to tune will be affected or not?
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
With all this electronics business (3 modules) and the key being permanently in, I'm wondering if this will get in the way of loading tunes? Jordan - are you tuned? If not, can anyone speculate whether the ability to tune will be affected or not?
I am indeed tuned, was tuned before and re-tuned after because I had the same thought you did. Doesn't interfere with anything.
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.Cortina View Post
I am indeed tuned, was tuned before and re-tuned after because I had the same thought you did. Doesn't interfere with anything.
:thumbup:

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
:thumbup:

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Makes my Mustang a little bit unique, you know?
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.Cortina View Post
Makes my Mustang a little bit unique, you know?
It will be less unique when I copy you. Need a sale price. Not paying $700 for it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
It will be less unique when I copy you. Need a sale price. Not paying $700 for it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lol
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Lol. Very nice! If it'd just throw my car in neutral, pull the e-brake and start without clutch, I'd buy it!
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Lol. Very nice! If it'd just throw my car in neutral, pull the e-brake and start without clutch, I'd buy it!
Can't quite win 'em all, haha
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:08 AM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.Cortina View Post
Its not bad, I had a spare $25 clone made and they cut that to engage the tumbler. I don't ever have to touch it or anything, it's just in there. Plus the sensors are super helpful if you've got your hands full
So that key that is permanently in there, is it also programmed to the sensor you have that you carry around?

I hope so otherwise anyone can hop in and press the button.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
So that key that is permanently in there, is it also programmed to the sensor you have that you carry around?

I hope so otherwise anyone can hop in and press the button.
No it isn't, but there is no more wiring going to the tumbler other than what is needed to disengage the steering wheel lock - turning the key will not start the ignition any longer - you have to use the push button or the remote start. On top of that, the key is pretty flush with the tumbler, you wouldn't be able to turn it without some sort of needle nose pliers or something similar.
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:15 AM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.Cortina View Post
No it isn't, but there is no more wiring going to the tumbler other than what is needed to disengage the steering wheel lock - turning the key will not start the ignition any longer - you have to use the push button or the remote start. On top of that, the key is pretty flush with the tumbler, you wouldn't be able to turn it without some sort of needle nose pliers or something similar.

Im not really worried about the key as much as I am the button. So say I leave my windows down but lock the car, someone will technically be able to hop in the car and press the button to start it? Or is that part tied to the remote you have to where it has to be in range?


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:17 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Im not really worried about the key as much as I am the button. So say I leave my windows down but lock the car, someone will technically be able to hop in the car and press the button to start it? Or is that part tied to the remote you have to where it has to be in range?


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Ohhh, I gotchya. Yes, the fob has to be within range in order to unlock the doors, start the car, etc...
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.Cortina View Post
Ohhh, I gotchya. Yes, the fob has to be within range in order to unlock the doors, start the car, etc...

And now I want one. That was my main concern since I like to leave my windows down and I'm not terribly worried about my area at school, but at home I'm a bit more careful.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:20 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
And now I want one. That was my main concern since I like to leave my windows down and I'm not terribly worried about my area at school, but at home I'm a bit more careful.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
It's such an awesome system, it really is. I love it, and it looks beautiful in the Mustang.
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deadreckoning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Warwick
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 23
Wow this is pretty sick I want one now but def waiting till a sale that price is a bit much lol did you have ford put it in or a local shop?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Deadreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadreckoning View Post
Wow this is pretty sick I want one now but def waiting till a sale that price is a bit much lol did you have ford put it in or a local shop?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I took it to my favorite local shop
Jordan.Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote start/push to start GT_Man 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 02-01-2015 12:57 AM
Friend is in town! Thought id share some pics Redsvtcobra Pictures and Videos 32 01-10-2014 04:50 PM
Successful Day Jackiemac05 Classic Mustangs 2 01-16-2011 09:38 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:18 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.